First time using an OPK - is this positive?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First time using an OPK - is this positive?

Postby ABoulanger » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Thank you! Not sure what your cycle is like- but mine is 27 days. On cycle days 12, 13, 15, and 16 this cycle we did the dance.

Everyone is different but it can help to have someone with a positive to tell her cycle. I had EWCM on CD 15 and 16. That's all I can offer without doing opk

Good luck!!!!
TTC since 1/2014
ABoulanger
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsGrn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:24 pm

I just wanted to give an update....

I ended up finally getting a positive on my cheapie LH strips AND my flashing smiley "peak" LH day on cd 18 afternoon. I had a temp shift on cd21. I estimate my O day was cd 20. I continued to test with cheapie wondfo LH strips and had +okp until the afternoon of cd 21. Pretty much exactly 72 hours after my first. I would say overall, the clear blue advanced opk are worth the money, because they give you a better idea of your fertile window. Though, I feel using these alone is not the best route because they are expensive and I think testing every 12 hours is best. Also, on the digital it is hard to spot a trend in your LH, but on the strips you can by watching the lines get darker. So my conclusion is-- begin using the clear blue easy advanced opk as directed per packaging, testing every 24 hours, along with cheap LH strips every 12 hours. I like both the wondfo and the easy@home brand available on amazon.

And in other news....
Today is cd30 and I am 10dpo and I just got a BFP!

For my experiments with different HPT brands because I am a POAS addict and I love science lol ;)
My results were, my line was darkest on the Amazon $0.50 apiece Easy@Home Brand (20 pack), next darkest was Walmart's $0.88 first signal brand (single test), the LEAST darkest was the (supposed most sensitive and the MOST expensive) $4.33 apiece (3pk) first response early result. So there's my 2 cents on HPT. My conclusion is: Buy plenty of cheap ones that you can use regularly and then when you get a faint line if you REALLY want confirmation with a brandname, the FRER does work, just don't expect it to be better.
Hope it helps you ladies save some money and get an early BFP!!!!
Background info: Mom to one 6yo DS with very irregular cycles and history of 2 mc prior to my DS. I am 36 yo and DH 36 too. TTC for second baby since May 2016. Chemical pregnancy in July 2016. Started 1st round Clomid Sept 2016. Second round of 50mg Clomid October 2016.
MrsGrn
Friend

Postby Veronica86 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi MrsGrn- thanks for all of the info!! Did you test before 10dpo and get BFN's? I'm 10dpo today but got a BFN... hoping for some better news in the next few days!
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luso2011 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Wow - congrats, MrsGrn!! Looks like all your research has paid off. Wishes for a happy and healthy nine months to you!
Luso2011

Previous

Return to Ovulation