First time using Clear Blue Dual Hormone Indicator. Help!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time using Clear Blue Dual Hormone Indicator. Help!

Postby Tinker79 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 am

This is the first cycle I have tried the Clear Blue ovulation test with dual hormone indicator. I started testing on cycle day 7 and got a blank circle which indicates low fertility. On cycle day 8, I got the same result, but this morning cycle day 9 I jumped straight to peak fertility. This seems a bit strange to me as surely this is too early to ovulate? My cycles are around 26 sometimes up to 29 days long. I'm also confused because the peak fertility symbol is supposed to stay on the display for 48 hours and I'm assuming this is only if you keep the test stick in the test holder? I took mine out and the display is now blank or am I wrong here would the display show even with the test removed? Once you have seen a peak fertility you are supposed to stop testing that month but I'm not sure I can rely on these results does anyone have any experience of these tests or can anyone help please? When you see the high fertility symbol, does it flash quickly or slowly? Maybe it was flashing, but I missed it?! I did only look quickly as I was in a hurry! Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Tinker79

Re: First time using Clear Blue Dual Hormone Indicator. Help

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:37 am

I used them this month too for the first time. with my cycle length it said to start testing on day 7. I had a couple days of blank circles then 2 days of high fertility then I got my peak. I want to say that the smiley face stayed on my screen for the whole 48 hours after I removed the stick. If you have a 26 day you could be ovulating that early. Once the smiley face went away I did test again just to see what I got. I have continued to get open blank circles since my peak. My high symbol flashed pretty steadily. I did read that some people can go straight from low to peak fertility and for some people that is normal. Have you used traditional opks before? When do you normally ovulate. What is your LP length
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dbiswas » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi there

I am 35 years old. Trying for a baby for last 6 months. Just started to use CB Dual for very first time. My cycle is between 27-29 days. I have started the test from day 8. I tested day 8,10,12,13. I didn't see any flashing face at all. Day 12 was a blank face and on day 13 a static smiley face. I have done the test in the morning. Me and hubby work till 6pm. Is that mean I missed my this month. I am already getting frustrated. Is this normal to get a static smiley without a flashing one? Is there any chance if we BD tonight?

Thank you
dbiswas

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes it says in the directions you can go from flashing to solid smiley. Bd for the next 3 days. Good luck :)
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dbiswas » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi Momma

Thank you so much. That gives me some hope.
Hope we will all get a BFP soon

Lots of Love.
Daizy
dbiswas

Postby Tinker79 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:09 am

Momma-of4 wrote:I used them this month too for the first time. with my cycle length it said to start testing on day 7. I had a couple days of blank circles then 2 days of high fertility then I got my peak. I want to say that the smiley face stayed on my screen for the whole 48 hours after I removed the stick. If you have a 26 day you could be ovulating that early. Once the smiley face went away I did test again just to see what I got. I have continued to get open blank circles since my peak. My high symbol flashed pretty steadily. I did read that some people can go straight from low to peak fertility and for some people that is normal. Have you used traditional opks before? When do you normally ovulate. What is your LP length

Thanks for this! Sorry, I didn't even realise until now anyone replied to my original post! Maybe I need to change my settings! Anyway, I was mistaken, I retested the afternoon I posted and the face was flashing. I continued to get these for a further 4 days and then eventually got my solid smiley. In the TWW now! Good luck to you, hope you get your BFP very soon!
Tinker79

Return to Ovulation