Confused

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Confused

Postby babyfever03 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:03 am

Hi there! I am new to this page and need some opinions/help. My cycles can be a little whacky but have began regulating themselves with the help of vitamins Ive been taking. I thought I ovulated last Monday 10/10 bc my test was pretty dark (but now looking back the control line was still slightly darker). We went out of town for the weekend and on the way home sunday I was crampy and had a back ache. I also felt "wet". I did an opk and it was blaringly positive. It stayed that way from sunday around 3 when I tested until Monday night, so about 36 hours. My confusion is was I actually ovulating on sunday bc of the symptoms I had? Since we were out of town and I thought I o'd already I wasn't testing so I don't know when my LH surge started. We dtd sunday and Monday since my tests were still positive, but not sure if it was too late. Does your OPK stay positive even after you ovulate or just before? Hoping I didn't miss my window.
babyfever03
Friend

Re: Confused

Postby Veronica86 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 am

Hi babyfever.. My understanding is yes, your test can still be positive even when you're ovulating already. It sounds like you were ovulating Sunday- but the good news is women ovulate for 12-36 hours. You dtd Sunday and Monday, so I think chances are high that you caught it. Do you chart or anything? A temp jump Monday or this morning would give you a clear sign on which day you O'd.

A little more explanation on the OPK's... Anytime you see a positive OPK you can ovulate 12-48 hours afterwards. So let's say you got 3 +OPK's on CD12, CD13 and CD14.. this means you can ovulate anywhere from CD12-CD16. All of this information is based on my experience and information from Fertility Friend. If you don't have Fertility Friend I highly recommend it! Even if you don't chart, it's still useful. You can enter your positive OPKs and it will tell you when it estimated your O day to be. Feel free to click on my chart below if you want more info on Fertility Friend!

Hope that helps!
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Confused

Postby babyfever03 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks Veronica! So I was under the impression once you ovulate it's too late you've passed your window? No I don't temp. I tried in the past and was really bad at it haha.
babyfever03
Friend

Return to Ovulation