Clear Blue Digital OPK

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clear Blue Digital OPK

Postby ENDOMUMTTC » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello ladies

I have been using Clear Blue Digital for 3 months now to monitor ovulation and I believe I found "a pattern"..
Clear Blue says that the digital test works based on a logarithm combined with our urine.
Now, what I noticed is when I start using the test, the first 3-4 days will show "low fertility" then progresses towards high and to date I'm yet to get a "peak fertility".
This month I had 7 left over from the previous month and Clear blue advised that 72 hours after not testing, the test will reset itself...
So on day 9 of my 3rd cycle (this month) I started testing with the left overs, got 3 days of low and 3 days of high fertility. Now I opened a new box and today I tested the last stick of the left overs and a stick of the new box with the same urine.
The left over stick came up as high and the new stick came up as low.
I have also been monitoring my temp and CM, and so far matches the predicted ovulation.
I am starting to wonder how reliable the Clear Blue Digital test is?
Anyone else with similar experience?
One of my girlfriends was also on Clear Blue for 7 months without a "peak face" and just found out she's pregnant!
ENDOMUMTTC

Re: Clear Blue Digital OPK

Postby nelsonfamjam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:21 am

Honestly, internet cheapie seem to be pretty reliable to me. I have no experience with CB ovulation tests but I had great success (I used them to avoid in my early 20's) with them. But you know, maybe you're just missing the peak??
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Clear Blue Digital OPK

Postby ENDOMUMTTC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi nelsonfamjam

CB says that once we get the first flashy smiling face, the test can no longer come back as "low".
I continued testing with my old one and got a peak yesterday.
I'm quite convinced that CB digital is programmed to display a certain number of low fertility days, followed by flashy then the peak, however some girls might not get a peak due to the length of their period or the day they start testing.
Will not invest on CB again!
ENDOMUMTTC

Return to Ovulation