Temping

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Temping

Postby nelsonfamjam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:22 am

Does anyone here use temping as a way to track your ovulation??
I used temping some years ago to avoid pregnancy and I seem to remember my temps sitting a bit higher than most - at around 98 F before ovulation. Anyone else have higher temps?? I look at charts and everyone seems to be around 96.7 as a pre ovulation temperature and I worry that maybe 98 isn't a good thing? Or will that not have an impact?
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Temping

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:38 pm

(Sometimes I feel like I'm stalking you... lol). As with all things ttc, there are so many factors that go into your individual situation, so the only thing you can reliably compare your data to is your own past data. Even then, sometimes it means nothing! Different thermometers can read differently, oral vs vaginal temps will be different, your body may just run a bit warm, the temperature of your house, the temperature outside, the amount of blankets on your bed, a difference of 10 minutes, even the act of sitting up in bed or running to the bathroom really quick- all of these can have an impact on what your readings are. I have never heard of high temps meaning anything. Mine always tended to be on the cooler side compared to others, but I was temping orally, and in winter, so who knows! The important things to look for on your chart are relatively consistent temps, and that temp shift upwards after ovulation, which is sometimes not much of a shift, less than half a degree sometimes! If your temps are all over the board, you may need to take a good look at your routine and make sure you are temping at the same time everyday and before getting out of bed or moving around too much.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Temping

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:21 am

@BeeCee - you can stalk me if you want :wink: Hahaha thank you! i think I'm temping not just for tracking ovulation but also because it gives me something TTC related to do every day... I'm totally nuts :lol:
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation