Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

Postby caqtcake13 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:39 am

Hi guys!

Pretty new here and still learning. This is my first month charting, 2nd month TTC #3. I am using fertility friend for charting and OPKS. Says I Oed on CD14, temp has been rising since and then this AM I had a .3 drop. Is this normal? I know its too early for implantation dip, right? Is an implantation dip usually bigger? So lost. We conceived our two babes(and two early losses) pretty quickly so I am so on edge that it will be harder this time. By youngest is 4 so its been awhile. Any info is much appreciated! I just need someone to go through this with. Baby dust to all. xox

My Ovulation Chart
Me: Carolanne(33)
DH: Jeremiah(35)
DD: Makena (6)
DS:Logan(4)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

Postby FosterMom » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:04 am

Could be an implantation dip or just a natural fluctuation in your temp.
FosterMom

Postby caqtcake13 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks @fostermom! Would that be too early for an implantation dip? This wait is brutal. lol
I saw your chart on fertility friend.....do you have the VIP membership? Do you like it?!? Does it give you a lot more info then the free one?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Veronica86 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Caq-

Just wanted to say I'm 5 DPO today too.. Good luck to you this month!! The dip could just be a normal fluctuation.. I've had plenty of those in the past (12th cycle trying to conceive #1). Hopefully for you it is a dip, but it's likely too early to be the case (although I have heard of some girls having early implantation).
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Qactcake, click on my chart, then scroll down to my last one. That is the cycle I got pregnant with my son. You can see my implantation dip on 4 dpo. I also had implantation bleeding that day. Everything I have ever read says 6dpo is about the soonest you'll see implantation, so I was skeptical, but got my first hint at a positive test just 4 days after and my definite bfp 5 days after. Anyway, seeing one at 5 dpo is certainly a possibility!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FosterMom » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:32 pm

caqtcake: I like the VIP because I can see all my notes and marks that I cannot see without the VIP. It also gives you information on O that you don't get on a basic membership.
FosterMom

Postby caqtcake13 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Veronica86 wrote:Hi Caq-

Just wanted to say I'm 5 DPO today too.. Good luck to you this month!! The dip could just be a normal fluctuation.. I've had plenty of those in the past (12th cycle trying to conceive #1). Hopefully for you it is a dip, but it's likely too early to be the case (although I have heard of some girls having early implantation).

Good luck to you as well Veronica. It did go up again this morning so thats good but I think your right, it may just be a normal fluctuation. I am very in tune with my body, probably too much. I notice every single little "symptom", meh! lol It would be amazing to have early implantation though. lol How are you feeling?!?!

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:33 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:Qactcake, click on my chart, then scroll down to my last one. That is the cycle I got pregnant with my son. You can see my implantation dip on 4 dpo. I also had implantation bleeding that day. Everything I have ever read says 6dpo is about the soonest you'll see implantation, so I was skeptical, but got my first hint at a positive test just 4 days after and my definite bfp 5 days after. Anyway, seeing one at 5 dpo is certainly a possibility!

BeeCee! You give me hope! Been feeling crampy and like I am getting a little sick uhg. I am such a crazy person, took a test today at 6DPO, I knew it would be negative but did it anyways. I dont know why I get so narotic when we are TTC. And then I get a negative and feel totally out for the month. Makes me nuts!
How are you doing?!?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Lol yep, that was me every cycle. Like, I know testing on 6 dpo is pointless, but that's usually when I started testing because I couldn't just do NOTHING!

This tww is fairly relaxed for me. The chance of me being pregnant this cycle is reaaaaally slim, so there's not as much pressure. We DTD the night before I got my mirena IUD out and I ovulated two days later. The IUD thins the walls of the uterus down so much that implantation is very unlikely. It also creates an environment that tends to kill sperm before they reach their destination. That being said, people HAVE gotten pregnant from dtd before removal, so there is a possibility.

Even knowing that the chance is slim, and knowing that I would feel more confident for a healthy pregnancy if I have at least one full cycle first, I can't not symptom spot! I did great until the last couple of days. But now at 7 dpo I know it's possible to start feeling symptoms that mean something (and that's when I started noticing things last time around) and so I'm over-analyzing everything. The logical side of me knows I'm being dumb, but then there's that little voice whispering 'but what if..." and I start daydreaming of that positive test and start thinking, 'Well maybe!"

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure my husband has no expectations for this cycle, and probably little for the next one, too. As far as he knows, we're just NTNP until after the 1st of the year. Yeah... no way I'm not going to be temping in a week or two lol.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Ha! Thank YOU for making me feel a little less crazy. I just tested at 6DPO at NIGHT. lol I think its official, I am crazy. And I look at my BBT chart 236 times a day like its going to change or something. :rofl:
My two other babes(6 and 4) were both conceived within two months(but we had a loss prior to each of them). For some reason I am terrified this time around that it just wont happen or something, I can't stand not being in complete control. This whole process is so tough for me, I wish I could be one of those woman that "just lets it happen".
I have never used an IUD before, how many cycles do they say until the uterus walls thicken up a little?

PS Your son is ADORABLE.

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Wait 6dpo evening urine didn't give you a positive? Weird! Honestly, though, I think it all comes back to that control thing. It gives you something physical to do so it feels like you're somehow affecting things, even if it means nothing.

They say you can start trying immediately after the IUD is out and that is has no affect on fertility afterwards. That being said, I've found a lot of anecdotal evidence that there is a higher chance of miscarriage soon after removal. Some doctors recommend waiting a cycle, but simply for dating a pregnancy. Others suggest waiting 3 months to be safe. That being said, they try to remove them during your period and if that was the case for me, I would be less worried if I got pregnant this cycle, since I would have had a little time for the walls to thicken before O. Since I got it out 2 days before, any thickening would be happening in the luteal phase only.

I did ask about pregnancy this cycle and my doctor basically told me it wasn't going to happen but that theoretically there was a possibility. He said I may see a period in 2 weeks, or not for up to 4 months. With the mirena, you still ovulate each month, there's just no lining to shed, so you don't necessarily see a period, which was the case with me, except, oddly enough, two weeks before I got it removed. It sounds like even if I don't get a period for a few months, my cycle should still be on track, it just means that the lining is not thick enough to shed. So it is completely possible to not have a period, conceive, and have a healthy pregnancy. I'm hoping AF shows up so I know when to start tracking things, though!

I don't have very much data from my last time around (got pregnant cycle 3, first cycle successfully tracking everything the way you are supposed to) so I don't know my luteal phase for sure. I could be due for my period on the 22 or the 27 of this month, more likely the 27. I have always had pretty regular periods, so it's stressing me out to not know what to expect or when!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Ok, I just thought this post was fitting concerning early testing... look what testing at 7dpo got this person! Maybe not so crazy, huh? lol viewtopic.php?f=2&t=245123

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:59 am

Pah! See, we aren't crazy! I want to know if she was really pregnant with twins. Lol
Hopefully you get your period quickly so you can get to tracking. So crazy how there are so many different views from doctors on when to try, how long to wait etc. After my d&c my doctor recommended I wait 3 months to build the uterus wall back up. My girlfriend sadly had one a few years later and her doc said she could start trying right away. Just like anything I guess, different opinions based on experience.
We are heading to Disneyland tomorrow afternoon, coming home on Thanksgiving monrning. I'm debating on bringing tests with or just trying to enjoy the moment and hopefully pass time quickly. Lol

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:37 am

Beecee! HALP!

So I chart on a few different apps... two of them shifted my ovulation to the 16th instead of the 14th, FF still says the 14th. Can you look and see what you think?!?

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Based on opk and cm patterns, I'd say cd 14 for sure. ;)

We're leaving on Tuesday for Thanksgiving and I am definitely packing tests, even though I hope to be too busy to use them lol. AF is due by the 27th, which is the day we're coming home. I know I should probably just wait until we get back but.... nope, they'll be coming with!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Ovulation