Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Okay, that's what I was thinking too. Those other apps are messing with my flow! Lol

Ha! Alright, you talked me into it. I'm taking some with. Pahaha Every single night I have told myself I'm not taking another until Thanksgiving morning.... and every morning I have taken one. I just can't help it! Lol
Me: Carolanne(33)
DH: Jeremiah(35)
DD: Makena (6)
DS:Logan(4)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I meant to ask earlier, is it normal to O so soon after taking the IUD out?!? That seems so fast and good your system gets back to normal so quickly.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Okay, that's what I was thinking! Lol

Did you get my posts before this? It looks like they got deleted or something. Wah!

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Haha yes, I see 3 posts!

The mirena doesn't change your normal cycle, so it just depends when they take it out. I was due to O then anyway, that just so happens to be whe they were able to get me in. I've read they try to take it out during AF, but I didn't know when that was, since I haven't had a real period since I got pregnant. Well, exept for 2 weeks before removal, oddly enough. Otherwise I would have had no idea!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Thats so weird! They weren't there when I looked. Lol

I have heard they try and put it in and take it out during your period. So crazy it was so coincidental for you. Maybe one of those little swimmers slipped in! ;)

PS trying so hard not to test again tonight. I know it's ridiculous to take one, but they are there. Just sitting in my bathroom begging! Lol

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Yes, I read that they try to take them out during your period, but they didn't make any mention of that when I made the appointment. Even when I was there and mentioned I expected to ovulate in a couple of days, the doctor didn't seem to think it mattered that that's when we took it out. He also seemed pretty darn confident that I would not end up pregnant this cycle, but humored me and said yes, it is possible.

I also took a test today. 8dpo was when I got my first hint at a positive last time around. Even though I know that if I get pregnant this cycle, it's most likely not going to result in an early positive, I couldn't help myself! The test is 100% stark white and I still haven't thrown it away. I keep pulling it out and twisting it the bathroom light thinking maybe something will catch my eye lol. That's the beauty of internet cheapies. If you have a ton of them, why not?!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:26 pm

PAHAHHAHA!!! OMG. You are I are seriously so much alike. Is it weird that I have the last 4 i have taken saved...JUST IN CASE. :doh: You never know when a little line may decide to appear. With my son I got my first positive at 9DPO but didnt see it until 10DPO...in the trash...with a second line. And that was on a $1 store test. That ruined me for all future TWW's, lol. And dont worry....I caved as well. Stark white. Its hard to see it so white and not feel totally out for the month, I have to remind myself that its still pretty early but I cant wrap my brain around the fact that it can be SO white and then have a line a day or two later. I am feeling lots of things at the moment but I always struggle with the "If you feel symptoms you will get a positive" thing. So trying to play it cool and not symptom spot. IMPOSSIBLE. :roll:

Haha, what a nice doctor to humor you. I have heard of people getting pregnant with them accidentally, right? I mean, anything is possible! ARent those the ones that you can get for like 5 years or 10 years too?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Haha I could have written that entire first paragraph myself!

It sounds like a lot of docs do ask if you've had sex within 3 (some some say 5, or even 7) days of getting IUDs removed, just because the chance is there. Mine just kept telling me that the uterine walls are so thinned down at that point that even if sperm survived and fertilized the egg, implantation was very unlikely. I'm a bit of a basket case when it comes to worrying about unlikely scenarios, but I can't stop myself so I kept saying, BUT WHAT IF IT HAPPENS?! He never did say whether that would be a cause for worry, probably because he could tell I would panic and freak out about it later. He just kept saying super unlikely, but possible.

So here I wait, terrified that if I get pregnant this cycle that it won't stick because my body isn't ready yet, and then at the same time really, really wanting to see that positive test and thinking, "hey, you never know, it could stick and be totally fine!"

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Well, at least we know we are in good company. Lol

I am hoping disneyland keeps me busy and if it's not my month time flies to the next TWW agony. I'm gonna take one more test in the AM and then bringing ONE with me. The plan is to take it Thanksgiving morning. We shall see if I make it that long. Lol

That's exactly what they told me after my D&C about the uterine lining and it being a tough place to implant. Unlikely BUT possible. Dang doctors! Hoping for the best for you, whichever case that is. What cheapie tests do you use?!? Just curious. I used pregmate from Amazon last month and got mad they didn't tell me I was pregnant so I decided I was boycotting. :p Just kidding. Actually I couldn't find any info on them online so I decided to get the wondfo that everyone gets. I have one FRER saved for when/if I get a line on the cheapies.

When do you leave for vaca?!?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:06 am

I use wondfos and they've always been great for me!

If you can't be distracted at Disneyland, then you DO have problems. ;)

I just keep thinking if it doesn't work this month, next month would be kind of perfect. I'd love seeing a bfp right around Christmas. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 am

That is a very good point! December BFP would be welcomed! Lol

Haha, I know. You are totally right Disneyland should do the trick. Hahah Temp went down a bit today so December may be looking more likely for me anyways.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

Does it normally go down that soon before AF? 8 dpo is pretty early for that. It looks like last month you had an estimated 13 days luteal phase. You're not out yet!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:09 am

It is usually about 13-14 days. I am pretty regular, between 28-30 days or so. Last month I think I ovulated around CD17, I havent charted in so ling and dont have much data from DS because we got pregnant pretty quickly. The one cycle I do have was post M/C and was a 14 day luteal phase, didn't start dropping until 11DPO for AF. When I first took my temp I got a little excited thinking it went doiwn more then it did. Was hoping for an implantation dip! lol And the test was SO white this AM. :rofl:

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:21 am

There's still time! I didn't test this morning. I'm sure I would have if it was a normal cycle, but after yesterday, I just felt dumb. Also, I got up and peed at 6 before thinking of it. I will probably take one tomorrow morning though! I'm at 9 dpo, which is when I got all of my clear positives with DS... and realizing that makes me wish I had saved some pee, juuuuust in case lol.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:30 am

Ah! I hope you are right! Crazy thing if you look at my cycle when I got pregnant with DS I had what looks like an implant dip a day after my positive. Weird right?

hahahha! I feel so ridiculously dumb, I mean, I have been testing since 4dpo, like wtf? lol You have some self control girlfriend! How are you feeling? Anything note worthy?
I started packing my bathroom stuff and have my ONE test in there. Almost put more in but I am still going to try and hold out until Thursday. We will see how that goes. I have zero self control when it comes to this. Its a little ridiculous.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation