Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Dip in BBT chart on 5 DPO, WHAT IS THIS?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:58 am

I'm kind of feeling the same. I didn't expect to see anything new on a test today so I decided to wait. If it wasn't for the nausea, I wouldn't think it was a possibility. I thought of dipping a test in water but I'm afraid to see it look like my other ones lol. I didn't get nauseous until 5 or 6 weeks last time, so it worries me if I'm pregnant and already sick that it will be even wotse than last time, which was soooo bad!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I feel you girlfriend! When it comes down to the wire it is scary to test it out. Have you taken another?!?
Me: Carolanne(33)
DH: Jeremiah(35)
DD: Makena (6)
DS:Logan(4)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:45 pm

I put some disposable cups in the bathroom, ave tests are waiting to be dipped in the morning. I felt so gross all day, but now I'm feeling mostly better, so now I'm doubting myself. I guess we'll see what tomorrow holds!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 am

Happy Thanksgiving! Whole lot of nothing to report here. Dipped a pink wondfo from the new batch and an old blue one that I trust in fmu. Pink one produced a line but it looks like the one from two days ago, but within 10 minutes. I still can't tell if there's any color. The blue one looked stark white, but then after about 15 minutes it looked like the one I took 3 days ago where I swear I see something, but I can't focus on it or find an actual line there. I had them laying next to each other, so I may have just been seeing where the line should be and imagining things. I honestly don't know! I'll see how these ones dry lol.

Have you used your test yet??

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:57 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gah! Can't we just get a clear answer! These tests are so finicky. We are on our way home now, should be home in about an hour or so. I couldn't bring myself to take it this morning at the hotel, I'm so terrified! Lol I don't want to see a no. So ridiculous, I can take 27 tests at 5 DPO and then when it could actually be a yes I'm scared. Lol I just gotta do it and get it over with. There is always next month if this month isn't it, right?!?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:10 am

Haha yep to all of that! I was actually imagining that a Christmas bfp sounds rather magical lol. And that way, my kids' would have a month between birthdays instead of a week.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:30 am

I totally think a Christmas BFP would be amazing!!! I always liked the idea of surprising the hubs some special way on a Christmas! It would be cool to get one today on Thanksgiving too but trying not to get my hopes up. Lol
10 minutes from home, stay tuned! I'm getting anxiety. Lol

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:51 am

BFN :( I am so bummed.

Would have sworn I was. Maybe I'll try again with FMU, but I think it would have shown up if I was at this point right? Any time of day testing?

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:05 am

Aw. :(

A fertilized egg can implant up to 12 dpo and then it takes 2 to 5 days for hcg to build up enough to be detected by a hpt. You're not out until AF shows! I know it's disappointing seeing that negative test, though. :(

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:43 am

Ugh. Should have just taken it with my FMU like I planned so I would fee like it's more Difinitive. There is something appearing now but I'm assuming it's an evap. Of course I'm checking like a manic. I can't tell if it has any color at all.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Same here! I am thinking mine are evaps. The one old wondfo test I used this morning really looks negative to me now. The 3 newer ones I've used this week all have that faint line. Kind of a bummer!

Weird thing for me for the day: Went to wipe and got a bit of ewcm with old blood streaked in it. It wasn't just brown old... It was black! Never seen that before... I'm trying not to about it, but it looked exactly like my implantation bleeding with my last pregnancy, except that was red. Putting it in my notes!

When do you think you'll test next? I'm thinking I will probably wait until I get home on Monday, but I may be tempted to check again before then.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:00 am

Whhhhat?!?! That's a good sign! You have to test before Monday! lol I have never heard of black before either, was it a lot?

I took a test this AM, pretty sure its negative. I stood in there for about 2 minutes looking at it and nothing was popping so I left. lol Temp is slowly dropping now too, think I am out. I think its more discouraging that I misread my body. Typically I am so on with my body and can read it pretty well so it makes me not trust myself, I would have sworn that I was. I literally had all the signs and much stronger then normal, maybe it was off because we were on vaca. And that one huge temp rise got my hopes up, I read into it too much. I am getting so nervous that I am not going to be able to get pregnant, our other two happened so fast. I am trying not to get too down with all of this but its really hard.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby caqtcake13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:17 am

I just at EWCM, super stretchy. So weird! Probably because AF is on its way but I have never noticed that before.

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Yeah, right there with you. The nausea had me convinced something was going on, but then it totally went away. I think AF may be here, or on the way. The streak yesterday was just one wipe, maybe 1/8 tsp of old blood. Today it was brown instead of black and a bit more but not a ton. My doc said I may see a regular period this week, or not for a few months. I'll have to see how it plays out over the next couple of days. If it is AF, I'll have to figure out what day to call cd 1.

Luckily since I didn't have high expectations for this cycle, I'm honestly totally ok if this if AF, but I just want a clear answer. It's weird that it's old blood and just a little here and there. I haven't felt AF coming like I used to.

If AF shows for both of us, at least we can be cycle buddies again. ;)

Oh, and I did take a test this morning. It looks like the others, but maybe even a touch lighter.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Yes to cycle buddies! It does sound like maybe it's a start of AF. It would be good if you didn't have to wait the couple months and you could eat a clear cycle.

Now I just want to start mine and get the ball rolling again. Lol I have had kind of a bummed out day, so emotional about all of it. Another reason I thought I was going to get a BFP, I have been crying at the dumbest stuff. This ish sucks when it doesn't happen right away, hahah, so many unknowns. I will say I am excited to have a couple BBT cycles under my belt so I can get a clear view of what my cycles look like as far as temps.

Maybe we will get our BFP the same month and can be preg buddies too! :)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation