Weird question hoping someone can help

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Weird question hoping someone can help

Postby T75123 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:25 am

So small back story. I'm 26 and dh is 31, he has children I do not. I haven't used birth control in 7 years (minus the one account I'll mention) my dh is my third committed relationship. I've had two MC, the first at age 18 and the second around 10 months ago. So anyway after the miscarriage dh and I got in a huge fight and he insisted I go on birth control. (He was upset and confused and has never dealt with this before and convinced something must be wrong with my body and I needed to take preventative measures until we figured out what's wrong). Anyhow I agreed and eventually there was another agreement for me not to use the birth control and all has been well. So fast forward to a few weeks back. Af is due on nov.3 and my birthday is on the ninth and I planned a nice little get away and having a period is going to get in the way. So naturally I have the bright idea to take some of these left over birth control pills to skip my period. I start taking them from nov.4th up until the 9th and what do you know it worked. I stop taking them and have a seemingly normal af from the 11th to the 15th. Long story short, I'm wondering when I ovulate/ovulated and when I should expect my next period. I'm done with charting temping and opk's, but before when I was the ov was normal day 14/15 and the periods were normal 28/29 day cycles. Sorry about the long story, hoping someone can help.
*baby dust*
T75123

Re: Weird question hoping someone can help

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:40 am

Since you were on them such a short time you will probably go back to normal pretty quick. I took them for 4 months went off and had normal period and ovulation the first month off, but I didnt get pregnant. Ive been off birthcontrol for 14 months now and still haven't ended up pregnant. That was just my experience with bcp and my period and ovulation. Good luck and hope you get pg soon. I think opks are great when looking for o especially when you dont know for sure after being on the pill. I do know the tracking and all can be stressful.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby T75123 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Yeah since I did an abnormal thing I was just curious haha and wouldn't be able to go buy any opk's until Saturday, which would be pointless because if I go by my last period I should be ovulating now and if I go by when I was supposed to start my period I've already ovulated. Maybe I should start looking for other signs like ewcm and cramps. I've been having a lot of cm lately but because of the frequent bding I can't exactly tell lol
T75123

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 am

Hi, you can start counting the day you started your period (I think you said it was the 11th) as day 1 and count up 14/15 days since that's what you said is normally when you ovulate. So that would mean you would probably O on the 24/25. It's really common for your body to take some time to regulate after taking the pill. But like the pp said since you didn't take it long it's should have that much effect on your cycle getting back to your normal.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation