Ovulation spotting? Please help!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation spotting? Please help!

Postby Yoshimaster55 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Hell. I have a question for all you knowledgeable ladies.
My husband and I are TTC our second. Last month my period was 11 days late which never happens (not sure if this is important so I am including it.)

Today I am CD 18 and have experienced some bloody spotting. It was almost a rush of blood and then nothing else except pinkish discharge for the rest of the day. I was wondering it it could be ovulation spotting? My cycles are usually 30 days. I am trying to use OPKS but I've only been testing once a day around 11 am and have yet to get a positive which makes me wonder. Also I am not charting but about 2 days ago I had very watery discharge for several days which usually occurs around my fertile period.

Any input would be appreciated. My husband and I took the super laid back approach to conceiving our first so I didn't have to deal with all these other things and I'm finding it very challenging. Thank you so much.
Yoshimaster55

Re: Ovulation spotting? Please help!

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi Yoshi, I don't know a lot about ovulation spotting, but when I've had it, it's usually just a tiny bit, like a single wipe of pinkish, red, or light brown colored cm.

I can't say whether a larger amount of blood is indicative of ovulation, but the timing does sound like it could be.

I do know that it's normal to get an occasional polyp on the cervix and sometimes those rupture before disappearing and can cause a bit of bleeding.

Lastly, sometimes implantation bleeding can be similar to what you described, bit that would be closer to 6 days after ovulation.

I hope that information is helpful. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation