Painful ovulation first full cycle after Mirena

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Painful ovulation first full cycle after Mirena

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced painful ovulation. I am especially interested to hear from others who have had the Mirena IUD.

I got my IUD out November 11th and O'd 2 days later. I have had a confusing time of things since then, but finally figured out that AF was just a few instances of spotting 12-14 days after O.

CD 6-13 I had mild cramps, like in early pregnancy, where they are just tight with tugs and twinges, not painful, but noticeable. Then the last two days, CD 14 and 15, I have had positive OPK's and more severe cramping. I expect I will O tomorrow. Yesterday it felt like bad AF cramps. Today, it's like everything is so tight in there that any way I move is painful. It feels kind of like bad gas pain, but definitely in my uterus and left ovary. It's not debilitating, but it hurts to arch my back and stretch my stomach, or to bend over and pick things up. This is very unusual for me.

Any ideas on what could be going on? My only guess is that since I haven't had a real period since Oct 28th (which was just 3 days of light flow, so really not since Oct 13, 2014) my system is just figuring things out again? I'm just slightly concerned with how uncomfortable I am. :/
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Painful ovulation first full cycle after Mirena

Postby Kandl724 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 pm

I have no experience with IUD, sadly I'm not much help here. Have you talked with your doctor at all? That sounds a bit unusual especially if you are in a lot of pain I would think that's a bit concerning?
Me: Krista 31
DH: 34
DS1: 4.5 yrs
DS2: 2 yrs
MC at 10 wks 11/20/2016
TTC #3
Kandl724
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Painful ovulation first full cycle after Mirena

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 pm

I haven't talked to my doctor yet, as this is my first full cycle after not having AG for a year with the IUD. I figure it will take some time for things get back to normal. The cramps were completely gone the morning after ovulation and haven't returned.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation