Waiting to Ovulate

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Waiting to Ovulate

Postby charlicorcoran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm

I never ovulate in the same place each cycle so I use ovulation strips so I know whats going on (so i don't get my hopes up when my period is weeks 'overdue'). Last cycle it was Day 16. Today (day 16) my ovulation test is negative and has been since I started testing at Day 7. Will keep testing till I get that positive test, hopefully in a week or so!!

Anyone else experience this all over the place ovulation?

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Waiting to Ovulate

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 pm

This is absolutey not normal hun. Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance. Call your OBGYN for sure. Keep us updated! Hopefully something simple that can be fixed and give you a BFP!!
TTC #1 since May 2015
DH: 31, good SA. Me: 28, Stage 2 Endometriosis. Ectopic with rupture May 2016, right salpingectomy, open but damaged left tube
OPK, preeseed, fertilAid for men, fertilCM, prenatals, daily aspirin. 3 cycles Clomid with timed intercourse- BFNs
Now seeing Reproductive Endocrinology for further testing...
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi there!!!

Yes, I had the same issue for many years. I saw different OBGYNs who didn't seem concerned because although I was Oing late, I was still Oing and having a period.My cycles were anywhere between 30-40 days It wasn't until October when I was put under a new doctors care that he suspected something was amiss. I was tested (bloodwork, ultrasound) and although I don't have cysts on my ovaries, my hormones were consistent with PCOS. So he diagnosed me with mild PCOS and put me on Metformin 500mg.

Since being on Metformin, my cycles have regulated. Last month I had a 29 day cycle and I believe I O'd on CD 15. This month I'm on my first medicated cycle and according to OPKs and O pains I believe I O'd on CD 14 or 15. I agree with PP schedule and appointment and ask for some testing. Good luck!!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby charlicorcoran » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 pm

BreeAndJoe081415 wrote:This is absolutey not normal hun. Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance. Call your OBGYN for sure. Keep us updated! Hopefully something simple that can be fixed and give you a BFP!!

I have seen a Dr about it but as I was coming off BC he didnt seem too concerned, then I got pregnant with my son so didnt have AF for 19 months. Just got my BFP for baby #2 so all going well I will speak to a dr about it when AF comes back after the baby is born :) Thanks for your advice.

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ovulation