Positive OPK?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Positive OPK?

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Hey ladies

It's been years since I used an OPK. Top one is from yesterday evening around 6.. I know that's late but I tested because I felt some pinching and wanted to know if I was close to O. Bottom one is from 2:30 this afternoon. I'm on CD 13 and am having timed intercourse along with Femara and metformin. We're supposed to BD tomorrow but that OPK looks + right? So, I don't think we'll skip today!

Oh, sorry for the terrible glare. The lighting in my apartment stinks ..

(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Positive OPK?

Postby adsloan10 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:34 pm

I would say the bottom one is!
Andrea

DD 3/5/2007
DD 9/10/11
DD 8/29/12
DS 10/29/14
DS 8/31/16

My Ovulation Chart
adsloan10
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm

I think so too!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Yes, definitely. Get busy!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:18 am

Get down get down! :)
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm

:rofl: :rofl: I certainly did! Now in the TWW. I believe I'm at least 2dpo. It's already driving me mad LOL
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Yay good luck Kat!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 am

Thanks Beecee!! Did you test today???
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:30 am

Yep, bfn. :/ Temp is still up, still having symptoms, cervix is high, etc. But I have been taking b6 this cycle which can lengthen your luteal phase. I have never gone past an 11 day LP and today is day 12. So either I'm pregnant, or the b6 is working. Moooooore waiting!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Gah!! The waiting is terrible! I'm having no Post O symptoms and it's driving me insane. My boobs are usually killing me right after O and I'm usually all kinds of moody. I'm pretty sure I O'd but that's only based on my OPK and the intense O pain I had for two days.

I wish I could temp and not have to guess but I wake up several times during the night so it's not reliable. So, of course I'm doubting my body right now. :doh: I was thinking Femara was going to give me the worse PMS but it's the complete opposite.

Your chart looks fabulous though so that's awesome! FX'd for a BFP !!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Thanks! Between having a toddler who is reaching the 18 month sleep regression, and having to pee every few hours, I never sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time. If you feel like giving charting another go, I can explain my weird process that doesn't stress me out (which causes me to loose even more sleep). It's not all "by the books" but I get a nice discernible pattern from it, so it seems to be working! I hate playing the guessing game without those temps!

It sounds like if you felt O pain on time, then you probably did O when you think you did. Now for the lovely wait lol. I had way fewer symptoms this TWW until 11 dpo, the day before AF. I didn't have many the cycle I got pregnant last time either, so I'm hoping that's a good sign! Fingers crossed for you this cycle. I'll be stalking your posts for updates!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks BeeCee!! That would be awesome! I almost bought a BBT last month but I didn't want to add more stress since this was my first medicated cycle. The side effects weren't bad though. Just headaches after taking the pill but they were gone as soon as I finished them. So, if this cycle is a bust I wouldn't mind giving it another go.

I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all my TTC stuff a few months back. I had a few BBTs and a Clearblue Fertility Monitor and softcups. I was just fed up with it all and tossed everything. Thank goodness for an understanding hubby though because I spent so much money on it all. LOL

I think I should be 3-4 dpo today so I'm going to try and hold off until next Weds before POAS. (God help me! LOL)
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Big kudos if you make it to next Wednesday. ;)

Here's my temping rundown. Hopefully you won't need it, but if there is a next cycle and you want to try it again, the info will be here.
I basically take the "rules" and consider them more guidelines lol.

I set my temp time as 7:15 because that's when hubby's alarm goes off and wakes me up. The chances of me having been asleep for more than 2 or 3 hours at that point are slim to none. Most nights I get up to pee around 3 or 4, sometimes 1 and 5 if I go twice. The kiddo wakes up randomly, but not every night. Sometimes he ends up in our bed and I'm woken up every 45 minutes with a foot in my back. So I basically never know what the night is going to look like.

If I feel myself waking up and I know I'm not going to go right back to sleep, I glance at the clock. If it's within 2 hours of temping time, I take my temp. The neat thing about thermometers is that most of them will briefly display the last temp recorded when you turn them on. So when I take my temp, I don't bother trying to read it, just wait until the thermometer beeps, and then turn it off and go back to sleep. When I wake up for real, I see what my temp was.

If the time I took it was more than 10 minutes from my temp time, I use a BBT adjuster online to adjust it to the correct time. (Just google bbt adjuster). These aren't 100% accurate for everyone, but using it is way more accurate than recording temps from all hours of the night and hoping they make a pattern! Basically the closer you are to actual time, the more accurate the adjusted temp will be.

Sometimes I will take my temp as early as 5 am. If I am able to go back to sleep and wake up feeling well rested closer to my temp time, or even after it, I'll just take my temp again and use that one.

The last couple of nights, I have even left two thermometers on my night stand. Technically one of them is a decoy to entice the toddler so he doesn't steal my BBT one (it has a dog head on the end of it lol) but I actually used it this morning so when I woke up I had two temp times to choose from and decide which was more accurate. So the double thermometer strategy could be useful, I think!

I basically just decided that I wasn't going to stress about all of the perfect temping practices lining up. I always take it immediately after I've been asleep, and always before getting out of bed. Other than that, I've found that for me, there is some wiggle room on the rest of it! It's all about the overall picture, so I don't stress about one temp being out of place anymore. And seriously, the discovery that I could take my temp and then read it and record it later, was the biggest stress reliever of all. Now I don't worry about waking hubby while the thermometer beeps and I struggle to read it in the dark by the light of my cell phone lol.

I hope that's helpful to you (or anyone else who stumbles upon this in the future!) at some point. I hope you don't even need it, though, and the femara produces a BFP for you!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks again BeeCee!

I think this might work for me if I need it because I have a cat who loves to wake us up every morning at 5:30-6:00 for nothing LOL. So maybe I can set my temp time for 6am and go from there. Im usually asleep by 11ish every night and there are times I sleep right through. But my hubby is restless and I usually end up being awakened by him tossing and turning.

Do you have a brand you'd recommend? If I do need to buy one, I don't want it to die on me in a week. I had that happen with one but I can't remember the brand.

I'll be stalking your chart tomorrow ! Hopefully you'll have a BFP to share! :)
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 pm

I got mine at Target for like $7, so I don't think it needs to be fancy! I'm not sure what brand it is.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Ovulation