I wasn't even going to POAS this morning...

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

I wasn't even going to POAS this morning...

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:41 am

Hey ladies.

Husband and I have been TTC for 3 months, this is our fourth. My November into December cycle got kinda wacky on me, and I was just so sure I was gonna get my BFP when AF was two days late- but no she came on Jan 2nd, and I was so disappointed. But I took that opportunity to have a stiff bourbon :D , and journal some, and by the next day I was like it's all good, moving on to January! "Let's do this...again!" So here's the deal though, husband and I have to use a donor- and I order the goods from California Cyrobank, which they can overnight. (whew!) In all my past cycles I didn't O until CD 15-18, usually on the later side of that, so I typically started testing around CD 12, earlier if I thought about it. Yesterday (full moon) I had a weird day, nothing BAD just a weird day. So I placed my order to be delivered on Tuesday (17th), figuring by my calculations and my app(s) that my O window is somewhere in the 17th-20th. And I went on to bed (early) because I was like "F this crazy day, tomorrow is Friday and it'll be better!" so this morning I got up and wasn't even going to pee on a stick, because it wasn't on my mind (it's CD 11 for me) and I got this. WHAT? This looks like I'll be peaking soon. I want some advice because I can change my shipment to arrive tomorrow, if I act quickly. Just my luck, haha. I think it's ironic as heck though because a girl in my yoga class that's been TTC for 2 years and I were talking and she said "it's like when you forget, or stop caring- all of a sudden it happens!"

Anyways what do you think?

For reference, my CM doesn't change a whole lot until after my O day I've noticed. So I don't have much for reference there and my BBT went from 96.87 yesterday to 96.98 this morning.

Husband leaves in a month for a 5 month internship ACROSS THE COUNTRY so I'm really hoping we can make it happen this cycle! :)
Attachments
poas.jpg
poas.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Last edited by mermaid.hair on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: I wasn't even going to POAS this morning...

Postby KittyKat414 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 am

I can't see the pic! :)
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 am

Oh no! Really? HA! That would help wouldn't it. I see it on my end, so I didn't think anything of it. Hold on let me try...

how about now?
Attachments
poas.jpg
poas.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Mine look like that for several days before the peak. I have never tested any earlier but they look like that even 4 days before they turn positive.

I don't chart temp though, so don't know how that figures into it.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KittyKat414 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Mine looked like that the day before yesterday(CD 12) and I had my peak yesterday.(CD 13) I tested today (CD 14) and its gotten lighter. But everyone is different! I hope it all works out and you can get your shipment in on time!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:17 am

Mine are still looking like this, it hasn't gotten darker. Very strange. I did get the shipment changed, but now I'm wondering-for what?! Silly OPKs and Silly & Beautiful body! Get it together, haha.
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Oh no! I hope they start getting darker soon.. I'll be stalking!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 am

Update! Yesterday I got two OPKs screaming "GO TIME!" haha so let the BD-ing commence! (Or in my case, home insemination- ha!)

WOO! I'm feeling really positive this month, so let's hope in two'ish weeks I get those two pink lines I've been wishing for for months!
Husband is leaving for 5 months on Feb 3, and I'd really like to get the good neds before then.
AND My birthday is Feb 6 from now, that's all I want, a BFP! That's it! That ain't too much to ask for is it? :rofl:
Attachments
poas.jpg
poas.jpg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 am

Yeaah !!! I just asked on the other thread how your OPKs were looking!! That would be an amazing birthday gift! FX'd for you! I'll be stalking!!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am

KittyKat414 wrote:Yeaah !!! I just asked on the other thread how your OPKs were looking!! That would be an amazing birthday gift! FX'd for you! I'll be stalking!!!

HAHA Thanks girl, I'll take all the good vibes I can get! :)

I'm trying to decide when to do my second ICI. I (only order 2 vials at a time) I got the positive yesterday so I did one @ 900 am- a few hours after my positive OPKs.

This morning's stick(s) were really bright pink too. (I'm sure you see) Should I do another tonight or tomorrow is the question. So hard to decide! I know frozen donor sperm life span once inseminated is much shorter than fresh sperm (bummer) but there is a lot of conflicting information about how long like I've read anything from 24-72 hours. That's quite a range! :shock: I know lil' miss egg only hangs out for 24 hours. I'm having some slight cramping today on my left ovary side, so I wonder if I should go for it tonight. So that'd put my insemination 36 hours apart, roughly. That sounds good, I think. I don't know! lol. I guess I'd rather do it tonight, than tomorrow and miss her. Any input?
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I think you should go for it tonight. Its better to have them there waiting for the egg. (That's what I've read at least) If you get a chance check out the "The Great Sperm Race" on youtube. Lots of good info on the life and struggles of those swimmers! GL!!!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

[quote="KittyKat414" If you get a chance check out the "The Great Sperm Race" on youtube. Lots of good info on the life and struggles of those swimmers! GL!!!![/quote]

I think I'll watch that while I have my hips elevated :wink: haha

Yeah, I'm sure the truth is somewhere there in between (24-72), so I'm gonna go with 36 hours, which is pretty much where I'm at now. So I'm going to go for vial two here soon (read: after this)

The pinch on the left side got stronger as the day went on, so I'll take that as a good sign and go for it! Then I'll be with you in the TWW the most hopeful and dreaded time of each cycle! :)

Lets hope for some sticky beans!!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Yay!!! I need a buddy to obsess with! I feel alone on this crazy train! I am trying to hold off 7 more days before I test. I *think* I'm 5 dpo today but again I'm just guessing since I don't temp. I only have 4 walmart cheapies so I have to try and exercise SOME self control. LOL FX'd for both of us!!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mermaid.hair » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 am

KittyKat414 wrote:Yay!!! I need a buddy to obsess with! I feel alone on this crazy train! I am trying to hold off 7 more days before I test. I *think* I'm 5 dpo today but again I'm just guessing since I don't temp. I only have 4 walmart cheapies so I have to try and exercise SOME self control. LOL FX'd for both of us!!!

BTW I did watch that sperm race documentary- that thing was crazy. I love how it made the vagina out to be one of those most wondrous and hostile places of all time, it made me LOL for real. I'm surprise I'd never seen it! Thanks for the suggestion. It was a good way to spend my leg/hips up time :wink:

Well I took another OPK this morning and it' was definitely more along the lines of what I saw on Friday, so I think I did the right thing doing the ICIs 33 hours apart. WHEW! I think I actually caught her this time! I wanna scream it from the roof tops "I CAUGHT MY O DAY!!!" but :shh: folks be looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm feeling really positive right now about it all, so I'm just gonna do my damnedest to keep this attitude up for the next two weeks.
I've been keeping a journal (it's where I tape all me pee sticks too, :rofl: ) where I cut out pictures from magazines, sorta colage style and write down any thoughts or symptoms. It gives me something to obsess over instead of obsessing over the impulse to test. Maybe you should try something like that? Or make a vision board? :D HAHA! I only have TWO FRER tests from my last cycle, and I'd prefer not to buy more (these things add up over time!!) so I'm gonna have to use some serious patience this time 'round.

FX for us both!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm glad you liked it! I found it while googling right before my opk went positive LOL

You ever think about using softcups after you inseminate? It helps keep everything up there and you can wear them for 12 hours. I used them before and they're pretty comfortable.

I totally get what you mean about wanting to tell everyone about catching O. LOL! I wanted to share with my mom but she's 63 and would've probably been confused instead of excited. LOL

I'm optimistic right now about this cycle but I'm also trying to stay grounded. It's tough after so many yrs of wishing and hoping. <end of pitty party>

I've been trying to keep busy, I had a few friends over for pizza last night so that was fun and it kept my mind busy. I love the way you journal LOL I am definitely not that creative though! I'd end up with a jumbled mess. :rofl: I think I might bake some cookies tonight and watch a movie. Maybe I can convince DH to watch" Me Before You" We'll see!

Let me know how you're doing as far as symptoms go. As for me, still nothing! :shock:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva