Help! Ovulating twice this month or?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help! Ovulating twice this month or?

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello! I posted in the Trying to Conceive Blog earlier this week questions on my OPK and now I'm even more confused. I've been using OPK's since cd10 and have a very regular 27-28 day cycle. I got what I believed (and other fellow TTWers) a positive OPK on cd12 which is early for me but I did have EWCM. I also take my BBT and I have one more high temp to "confirm" ovulation.
However since I didn't really believe I ovulated that early I've still been using OPK's since that day (I know, you're not supposed to!) and am now cd15. They have all been negative since I got the first positive on cd12 but earlier today it also looked positive. Now I'm confused!! What could be going on? And on top of that I do have my usual dull cramp ovulation pain. Could I be ovulating twice or what do you all think??

I'll attach the pictures and my chart will be in the comments. Chart is a little crazy this month, the dip day I woke up early and decided to just take it or I wouldn't have been able to get a data point but I still had >4 hr of straight sleep.
Attachments
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG (94.79 KiB) Viewed 523 times
k.r.wilbert2

Re: Help! Ovulating twice this month or?

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Here is my chart
Attachments
IMG_1246.PNG
(199.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
k.r.wilbert2

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 pm

So I don't want to get your hopes up or anything but the exact same thing happened to me around Thanksgiving. I was almost positive I ovulated on Thursday. I also continue to use opks until they fade out and confirm O. Anyway by Saturday morning they were almost completely white so I did one last test Saturday night and it was a definite positive. Very confusing but I ended up being pregnant! So maybe you are too!!!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks for your response!! I hope so too! Did you guys continue to BD after 2nd pos or just leave it at what you got in earlier? That's my big question now so I suppose we will get a few more days in :)
k.r.wilbert2

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:22 pm

We didn't, I figured I would tell DH the next day and see if he wanted to (I usually have two days of positives then temp rise) but my temp was sky high the next morning. But if I were you, I would. If nothing else just for fun.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to!
k.r.wilbert2

Return to Ovulation