ovulation bleed

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

ovulation bleed

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

On cycle day 12 I began to get pink tinged EWCM. Little early for me, but nothing too crazy. I don't normally get O bleed on my own, since I tried the three months of Clomid I have ever since. Not sure why. I continued to lightly spot thru CD 13 as well. On CD 14 it became heavier, ruined a pair of panties and heavy enough to wear a tampon. Today on CD15 it still bleeding. Way more than spotting, similar to that last day of your period?
Any other ladies have an ovulation bleed like this? Did a cyst burst perhaps? I've never had midcycle bleed before.
thanks in advance.
TTC #1 since May 2015
DH: 31, good SA. Me: 28, Stage 2 Endometriosis. Ectopic with rupture May 2016, right salpingectomy, open but damaged left tube
OPK, preeseed, fertilAid for men, fertilCM, prenatals, daily aspirin. 3 cycles Clomid with timed intercourse- BFNs
Now seeing Reproductive Endocrinology for further testing...
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: ovulation bleed

Postby CandiceM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:42 am

Hey, I think I'm in a similar position as you.

AF (or what I thought was AF) started on 5th January and was very light, it only lasted 3 days. I had EWCM on CD5 which was followed by 3 days of pale spotting and then slightly heavier bleeding CD12 through to today (CD14).

I'm wondering if I had a chemical pregnancy and confused that for AF, and the secondary bleeding I've been experiencing is either residual bleeding from the CP or it's actually AF.

If it's not that, it could well be a burst cyst - I have PCOS. I tried 5 rounds of Clomid - 1 cycle worked but resulted in an early miscarriage. I've had a couple of non-Clomid cycles and will start again on Clomid and Metformin next month.

The trouble is, when we experience random bleeding like this, it could be one of so many things!
CandiceM
Friend

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Thank you for your reply. My last AF was normal, even a bit heavier than normal perhaps. After that, I had an ulrasoind where my RE Saw a cyst on each ovary. I hadn't ovulated yet, so I assumed one was a a follicle. Perhaps the other was a leftover from Clomid and it burst. I didn't know that could caused bleeding. I'm CD16 and still heavy spotting/light bleeding. Bright red. Hhmmm.
TTC #1 since May 2015
DH: 31, good SA. Me: 28, Stage 2 Endometriosis. Ectopic with rupture May 2016, right salpingectomy, open but damaged left tube
OPK, preeseed, fertilAid for men, fertilCM, prenatals, daily aspirin. 3 cycles Clomid with timed intercourse- BFNs
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby adsloan10 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:01 pm

If a cyst burst you would know it. I deal with this every couple months and it's usually enough to land me in the ER.
Andrea

DD 3/5/2007
DD 9/10/11
DD 8/29/12
DS 10/29/14
DS 8/31/16

My Ovulation Chart
adsloan10
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I guess it was a cyst bursting. The cyst that was on my left ovary last month isn't there now. Painless though. Interesting. Thanks for replies.
TTC #1 since May 2015
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation