When would you say I ovulated?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

When would you say I ovulated?

Postby Crglass » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 am

So..I'm looking for opinions based on others experiences with tracking their monthly cycles, temping, cervix, cm, etc..

CD11 high soft open cervix, some ewcm BD
CD12 slight ewcm, minimal
CD13 Little cm, NEG OPK - BD late into the morning of 14DPO
CD14 minimal cm NOT ewcm, POS OPK in evening
CD15 cm very minimal, cervix medium height, firmish and slightly open, ovulation pain afternoon in to evening, very sensitive nipples (never noticed this before), BD
CD16 sensitive red nipples, some pelvic pain, STILL no temp rise?

The reason I'm confused is I figured I ovulated between 11-12CD but then got POS OPK on CD14 and didn't get ovulation pain until CD15, BUT still no temp rise, but I've been sick quite a bit this cycle and haven't been as consistent with temping (not sick now though and still temps in low 97's, when usually I'm in 98's by now) ugh.so what would you guess? Does it not sound good since no ewcm for the past couple days? Hubby and I dtd last night just to be safe, although since basicslly no cm, not sure what good it did! I'm kind of leaning towards ovulation between CD14-15, but like I said cm was basically nonexistent so makes me think we may have trouble conceiving.
Crglass
Friend

Re: When would you say I ovulated?

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 am

Sounds like you may have ovulated on the CD 15? Being sick can definitely throw everything out of whack, some medications dry up mucus too- so maybe that's the culprit? Depending on what kind of sick you were and if you were taking anything to help. I have never noticed (in the 6 months I've been tracking) a large quantity of EWCM so I use preseed when DTD just to help the swimmers! Have you looked into that? I hope y'all caught it!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crglass » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking too! Just really surprised the temp wasn't up this morning. :/ ! I did not take any medications for being sick! I have looked into preseed, but the ingredients somewhat concern me, so I haven't done it yet. But I may need it if we don't conceive this month. I don't really see how we could have increased our chances any more...other than doing it every single which I've heard isn't always the best thing to do.
Crglass
Friend

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:41 pm

I don't temp, however I find that I do not get EWCM the day of ovulation, but i have it for several days, then a "drier" day with a pos OPK, then I ovulate the next day, following days are creamy cm(that's how I confirm O) That's just me. But what you described sounds similar. I'd say you O'd CD15.

Also, preseed is good, but if you have EWCM before O, your body is doing just fine on its own :) It's important to BD the days prior to O, not just day of. So whenever you see that EWCM- get the man to bed! Good luck!
TTC #1 since May 2015
DH: 31, good SA. Me: 28, Stage 2 Endometriosis. Ectopic with rupture May 2016, right salpingectomy, open but damaged left tube
OPK, preeseed, fertilAid for men, fertilCM, prenatals, daily aspirin. 3 cycles Clomid with timed intercourse- BFNs
Now seeing Reproductive Endocrinology for further testing...
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:19 am

"So whenever you see that EWCM- get the man to bed!" :rofl: love it!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crglass » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:30 am

That's very helpful Bree! Thank you! I did notice today when I checked that I seemed "wetter" this morning and it wasn't ewcm, but more creamy like you described. My temp was 97.5, but I checked it again an hour later and it was 98.1...I was still in bed so not sure if it means anything, ugh....but We dtd enough I think (CD11 when I first noticed the ewcm and CD13-14 as well as CD15! I hope we caught the egg this month! I don't really know how we could miss it honestly. I will try to update when I test!
Crglass
Friend

Postby Crglass » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:05 am

Also, i just felt this pretty strong lightning pain in what felt like my uterus. It lasted like 2-3 seconds. I would only be 2DPO so I know it's too early, but what the heck?!
Crglass
Friend

Return to Ovulation