Moved from General TTC *OPK help....*

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Moved from General TTC *OPK help....*

Postby Asinclair88 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey ladies,

I have irregular periods since coming off the depo in September 2015, so quite a while.. I'm currently waiting on a blood test on my next cycle to try and find out why..

Anyhow, my DR told me as you can still ovulate without a period she told me to try using OPK's.

My order came through yesterday, now bare in mind my last period was Dec 29th so I'm waiting anytime for my next.. I currently have cramps and some dark brown spotting. However, I took an OPK last night and it was negative, I took another today and although still negative the line is a lot darker..

Can anybody shed any light please? Does this mean O is coming?

Thanks in advance! xx
Asinclair88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Moved from General TTC *OPK help....*

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 am

You always have the hormone opks test for in your urine so that is why there is somewhat of a line all the time. When I am getting close to O I do see a progression of the lines getting darker. But when I first came off of birth control pills it took almost two months for me to ovulate and during that time I got tons of all different shades of test lines. I've never done the shot but I have read that it can take a LONG time for your period to return to normal after coming off it. Like a year plus. it might sound crazy but taking pictures of your opks for your reference might be helpful. It was hard for me remember how dark the previous one was when I was doing so many opks that the pictures with the date helped. Good luck!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Asinclair88 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks!

I've just taken another and it's a lot fainter. I've read that women can have a surge right before AF starts so I shall be putting it down to that but I'll test again this evening.

I've written dates on the back to keep track and will upload a photo :)
Asinclair88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby adsloan10 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:49 am

Just don't get discouraged. Coming off of depo can cause up to a year of infertility. That's one nasty birth control method.
Andrea

DD 3/5/2007
DD 9/10/11
DD 8/29/12
DS 10/29/14
DS 8/31/16

My Ovulation Chart
adsloan10
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Ovulation