Today is O day! Anyone else?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Today is O day! Anyone else?

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 am

Any cycle buddies on here? :-)

Yesterday morning my opk was negative, but starting to get closer to the positive side I could tell. So I tested again in the evening and it was positive. Today my morning test was definitely positive! So looks like today is likely O day (though I often get a few days of positive opks). Anyone else at the same cycle point? Oh, also I'm on CD 14 and usually have cycles around 25-29 days long. I'm so glad my O day is at the proper time again finally. For months after getting my period back pp I wouldn't O until CD 20 which made my luteal phase way too short to conceive. Just last month and this month things are looking more optimal again. Yay!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Today is O day! Anyone else?

Postby RubyRed10 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Pretty sure mine were showing positive today! New to the OPK deal, but they're as dark as the control line, so sounds like go time to me!

Hopefully we both catch the egg this time around!!
RubyRed10

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Yay! Good luck RubyRed!

In my 3opks yesterday AM was almost as dark as the control, evening was equal, and today AM was darker. So you might get another one that's darker still. I tested again this evening and it was back to equal to the control. So seems my peak was this morning. I will test again tomorrow morning to see if it's negative or still looking slightly positive.

My catch the egg attempts this month:
Sunday- BD in mid morning
Monday- BD in afternoon
Tuesday- BD in early morning and afternoon
Wednesday- BD mid morning

It's sure handing that my hubby works from home and is more than willing to take work breaks to DTD. ;-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:09 pm

So I know it's now Friday and you posted on Wednesday but I'm pretty close to you! Today is cd14 but I'm pretty sure I ovulated on cd12 which would have been Wednesday! And now we wait...!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi k.r.wilbert! Yes, the wait begins... got any plans to keep yourself distracted?
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:12 am

Wellll kind of! However I feel like working can't count because that's a normal every day thing but we are leaving for the Dominican the last full week of February so getting ready and packing should keep me somewhat busy. We are counting it as our honeymoon even though we are going with 5 other couples of our friends. But I'm looking forward to that warm weather as we are getting a heatwave here this weekend at 40 degrees F!
However, at the end of our vacay I'm supposed to get AF (hopefully not ;) ) So that will be on my mind while I'm there. How about you??
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:59 am

Oooh a sunny vacation sounds wonderful! I wish I could say the same. I'm stuck at home with nothing particularly interesting on the agenda. My parents were supposed to be coming to visit this weekend, but the highways are a mess with snow and keep getting closed down, so I am pretty sure they will cancel.

I woke up at 1am last night feeling nauseous and vomited. It's too early for morning sickness though I'm sure. So no clue what that was about since I feel fine this morning. Odd...
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 am

Hm that is strange...who knows! I had a little cramping but it lasted for probably 20 seconds then went away so ...
Were your parents able to make it through the snow and closed highways?? Most of ours is finally melting with the 40 degree weather and we had a lot of rain.
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:35 pm

One of the highway routes opened up Saturday morning. So, yes,they were able to come and we had a great weekend. :-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 am

Aw that's so awesome!!
How are you feeling? Anything different this cycle? Any more nausea?
Do you bbt? I do and I know they say not to think anything of individual temps but today my temp dropped below cover line :-/ I just don't know what to think of it because I know it can happen or can be an implantation dip but I'm freaking out! I've never had a dip like this!! Uh!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 pm

I had a headache yesterday and was gassy... but I am not really thinking those are PG symptoms. Probably just unrelated normal stuff.

No, I'm not temping. My 9months old son still wakes to be fed every few hours through the night and I think temping only works if you sleep a full night and then take the temperature right away before even getting out of bed and do it at the exact same time each day. That's just not going to happen here!

I remember when I did track my temperatures for TTC #1, I got a big implantation dip at 6DPO that also went down below the cover line. It was a bfp for me! So here's hoping for you!! Sounds promising!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:24 pm

My first at least 2 cycles I was such a symptom spotter and I've just learned that I notice things more during the TWW because well, you're trying to make a baby!! I just wish there was at least one definitive sign (besides hpt obviously) that would clue us in!
Ok you saying that yours went below cover line makes me feel a bit better! I know I've read other posts about that happening to people but I don't think I've ever gone back to see what the outcome was that or they didn't update!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Yeah I remember spotting every little twinge with TTC the first time around. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so busy or just not feeling as pressured about getting pregnant asap this time, or if maybe there just aren't symptoms to spot but I'm not noticing much this time. Well... other than that strange vomiting incident. That was hard to not notice! Yuck.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Yeah that was strange! I'm still ttc #1 and on our 5th cycle and so impatient! I mean, I know it'll happen when the timing is right but gosh dang it I want it to be right right now!
How long did it take to conceive #1 for you?
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 pm

I got pregnant on my second cycle after having my merina IUD removed. I was really relieved as we'd already psyched ourselves up for it taking longer but I was not doing well coping with the TTC thing emotionally. I had wanted to be a mom for sooooo many years but it took a long time to get to the right spot in my life where that was possible (well, mostly took a long time to find the right guy!). I was 30 and that biological clock wasn't just ticking, it was screaming alarm bells at me and I was so desperate to get pregnant NOW. I would cry and have breakdowns seeing others babies and things like that. So thank God we got pregnant quickly. I would have been a wreck if it took awhile.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to Ovulation