Today is O day! Anyone else?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Today is O day! Anyone else?

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 am

Ahhh gotcha! I know a few people that are kind of in that emotional state as you were too and man are you gals strong!
I want one sooooo bad too and I feel like that's why I haven't (although probably not). My husband and I got married this past September and have been trying since October...so kind of sucks. Ok, really sucks. I've always felt like I was in a good position to have one right away because my body didn't have to come off any sort of birth control. I've been off bc for 4 years and we were just skipping the fertile week. I started using opks a couple months before our wedding just to start pinpointing the day I ovulated. But here we are, in the TWW of our 5th cycle. On a side note, I've been checking cp and today it was so high I could barely feel it...hoping that is good news at 8dpo!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Is this the first cycle that you've tracked your temperature? Or if you ve tracked before, have you gotten a dip like that? I'm thinking with the dip and CP things are looking really good for you!! I really hope you get your BFP this month. I know how stressful it is. When are you planning on testing? Or will you just wait for AF?

I think I'm just going to wait for AF. I think I'm getting my decrease in milk that I usually get leading up to it. :-(
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm

This will be my third cycle temping. I've gotten dips but nothing to coverline and my previous 2 cycles had many dips so! Uh thanks for your confidence; it's nice to hear it from other people sometimes instead of just being in your brain the whole time! I'm excited for the next coming days to see how my temp and cp play out! I've tested one cycle before AF and it was such a let down that I've just decided to wait to see if she comes or not!
I'm keeping my hopes up for you too! Does breastfeeding kind of clue you in to your cycle? I've heard your so fertile after giving birth!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:42 pm

I think the "fertile after giving birth" thing only applies if you aren't breastfeeding. My midwife told me that breastfeeding was actually just as effective as most contraceptives provided you are exclusively breastfeeding (no bottles ever), don't go more than 4 hour gaps between feeds, feed on demand (never delay feeding, or use a pacifier even to soothe the baby and substitute the need for sucking at the breast), and spend lots of time in close proximity to the baby. I think they just know that most people don't end up meeting all those requirements. So they don't want people relying on it as birth control.

My only cycle clue that breastfeeding gives me is the dip in supply at just a bit less than a week before AF comes. Other than that I haven't noticed anything.

What day would AF be due for you this month?

Before my DS my cycles were always 26 days exactly. Now it seems they vary a bit between 25-30 days. So really AF could be due anywhere between the 19th-24 for me. My first BFP I got on only 12dpo which was a few days before AF was due. I'd tested at 10dpo too and gotten a BFN then.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:12 am

Oh, that's kind of cool though. Natural birth control. It must be kind of a dilemma? Like you want to breastfeed but want to try for another knowing that it can be harder to conceive while breastfeeding.
AF is due on the 21st according to FF but I also use Ovia and it still says AF is due with my usual O day on cd15...not sure why it never changed when I put ovulation in on day 12/13. FF is usually better in that category for me though so that's what I'm going with! My LP is usually 13 days.
k.r.wilbert2

mRe: Today is O day! Anyone else?

Postby TrebleLily » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:23 am

Yeah. I know some women who breastfeed and don't get their periods back until the baby weans... which often isn't until 1-2 years old! Though they say to only "rely" on it as birth control for the first 6 months. As soon as baby starts eating solids too then they are taking in less milk and the effectiveness of the infertility aspect goes down. I was worried that I would be one of those who needed to wean to be fertile, but I'm so glad I'm not! I love breastfeeding and hope to feed my little guy until he's 2. I am nervous about how being pregnant will effect it though. I know some people dry up once they get pregnant. And others find that the child no longer wants the breast because the taste of the milk changes. Also sensitive nipples from pregnancy can make breastfeeding uncomfortable. But I'm pretty stubborn and certain I'd overcome that one. ;-)

I use Ovia and find it ok. I knew that it had my projected fertile week way late though, so good thing I ended up testing earlier and DTD ahead too. I guess it averages things out based on your past cycles and since I had several cycles that were super late O to begin with, it hasn't adjusted to the fact that my cycle is back on track and I'm Oing at normal time again.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Yeah my O day was all messed up last month, it looks like I tried to O early (+opk) but temp shift didn't stay up and then I Od a few days later (2 days of +opk) and a sustained temp shift. So this month I decided to use the opks early again just to be on the safe side and I'm glad I did because again I Od earlier than usual!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 am

Only a few more days left in this TWW!! FX!

I felt a few twinges last night. I wouldn't say cramps, as they didn't feel like my usual pms cramps. So I'm not sure what that was about. Still feeling fairly certain this isn't my month though.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:25 pm

I know!! A few more days!! At this point I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about it...had another temp dip so who knows!! I'm just going with if it's negative that means I will get to have a few cocktails on vacay!
Twinges sounds promising! I've had weird little cramping spells but they don't last long and come and go. FX for you!!
Any fun plans for the rest of the weekend?!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:44 pm

We're doing a little family photoshoot tomorrow morning at the park with my husband and son. Looking forward to getting some nice photos of the three of us together! :-)

How about you?
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TrebleLily » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 am

Whoa!! I just had a strong urge to POAS this morning so figured "what the hell why not? I've got a bunch of tests sitting here anyway". I didn't set a timer and walked away to change LOs diaper, and make my tea after. Came back and looked and there is a definite faint second line there. I'm second guessing if it could be an evap line because I'm not exactly sure how long it was. But it wasn't ages! Maybe 5 minutes? 10 at most? Evap lines don't show up until they've sat for way too long right?
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Aw that sounds like fun! Hope they went well! We helped my husbands parents move into their new house and then I had to work from 12:30-9 and it was soooooo slow! What?!?!?! That's awesome!!! I'm hoping it's not an evap!! Have you done another since then?!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 pm

I did a 4.5 hour pee hold and second test in the evening. BFP!!! I used another one of the same brand tests I used in the morning (the cheap kind) and a "first response" test I picked up st the store today. Very faint line on the cheap one, and more clear line on the other! OMG!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:19 am

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! And you thought you were out :) yayayayayayay!!!!
k.r.wilbert2

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 pm

I know! Crazy!!

Now I'm dying for you to test too! How are your temps and symptoms coming?
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation