Crazy cycle second LH surge???

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Crazy cycle second LH surge???

Postby feefee87 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 am

Hi ladies

I wonder if you can help me?

I got a very positive OPK on Monday 30th Jan along with watery cm and some ovulation type pains. I haven't been temping this last couple of months as it had been stressing me out so can't confirm that I ovulated but since then my cm has been creamy white like thickish lotion. So this seemed to confirm to me that I had indeed ovulated.

If so then I reckon I would be 11dpo today and as I was desperate to POAS but not seen a BFN I decided to use an OPK and it's blazing positive???

Sorry I can't attach as the files too large! But it's definitely positive!

I've been stalking Google and some people say you always get a lh surge before your period and some others have said it could be picking up hcg and I could be pregnant?

Has anyone had any experience of this?
feefee87
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Crazy cycle second LH surge???

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:11 pm

It's true that some women get positives right before AF. It's also true that opks can (but don't always) detect HCG. If you have enough HCG to turn an opk positive, then it will do the same to a hpt. The only way to know is to test!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Crazy cycle second LH surge???

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:01 pm

I finally just ovulated on CD 26 (two days ago), but between CD 11 and 26, I had seven positive OPKs. So, yes, you can definitely have multiple LH surges as your body tries to ovulate.
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation