2nd Day of pos OPK stronger than the first

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2nd Day of pos OPK stronger than the first

Postby KateOfOTown » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi ladies, I tried to search in other postings for an answer, but there wasn't really anything that answered me.

So I started testing last Sunday on cd 9, and got stark white opks until I got a positive on Thursday, CD 14. It was just slightly darker than the control. I wasn't able to bd until Friday evening because of work commitments. I tested Friday and Saturday mornings with smu and got immediate, blazing positives. I was out of opks at that point so I didn't test on Sunday.

I know that ovulation usually happens about 36 hours after your first positive, but my second positive was a more "positive" positve.... So should I consider Thursday or Friday the start of my Lh surge? I'm so worried I was too late with the bd this cycle
KateOfOTown

Re: 2nd Day of pos OPK stronger than the first

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm

I just had this same thing happen to me!

I got an almost positive on CD 11 at 10pm. Then I tested the next day(CD 12) and it was positive at 2pm (same color as the control) then I tested again at 8pm and it beat the control. The next day I tested again and it was neg. So I counted the one in the evening as my positive.

I think your timing is still good. It's always a good idea to BD 2-3 days after your positive too!! Good luck!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: 2nd Day of pos OPK stronger than the first

Postby 860lindsey » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:01 am

You count your first positive as the start. Technically you don't need to continue to test after you receive a positive but I always do. Like the pp said, your timing still looks okay though as you usually ovulate 36 hours after plus the egg lives for about 12 hours.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation