Ovulation test strip confusion..HELP!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation test strip confusion..HELP!

Postby rgrumet » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Ladies...I've been using Wondfo ovulation test strips for the past two months or so and last month I def got a couple positive ones before my period. My period was almost 10 days late last month, so we obviously got really excited but all my pregnancy tests came out negative, then I got my period...albeit a relatively strange period. So, i've been testing every day this month so we can be on top of it. Both of my apps say that I should be ovulating either the end of last week or the past few days of this week but the strips all look roughly the same. The test line is definitely not nearly as dark as the control line, so I assume they are negative. I'll obviously keep testing every day, but can anyone lend any thoughts?? thanks ahead of time! :)
rgrumet
Friend

Re: Ovulation test strip confusion..HELP!

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:24 pm

If your period was almost 10 days late and your hpt's were negative, that means you likely O'd about 10 days late. It's possible that you are simply experiencing the same thing this month!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby betty077 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:08 am

You could just be ovulating late. This happened to me in January. My period was 12 days late. I had such high hopes lol

Make sure you bd every other day during this cycle. Just to cover any days with high possibility :D that way you won't need to obsess too much about the exact date of ovulation.

Do you ever get ovulation pains? Maybe they can give a more accurate estimate as to when you're actually ovulating
Betty
Me: 24
DH: 26
TTC#1 since October 2016
:hb: :hb: :hb:
betty077
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rgrumet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 am

Thank you for the replies! :D It's just been so frustrating to not really get anything definitive! I tested again this morning and the test line is getting darker so perhaps my apps were just off by a few days. *fingers crossed*
rgrumet
Friend

Postby rgrumet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm

So, I tested again this afternoon when I got home from work...is there a reason that all of my strips end up roughly looking exactly the same?? They are not negative, but they are not positive either. The control line is dark and then the test line is slightly colored...they have been coming up that way for over a week now...there is always some color in the test line :?
rgrumet
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:14 pm

That's normal, and they are considered negative. You always have some LH in your system, but only a surge over a certain concentration will give you a positive opk.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation