First flashing smiley

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First flashing smiley

Postby EnglishRose » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 am

Hello ladies..i came off bcp on 15th feb and had a bleed for 5 days from 17th feb..before bcp my cycles were around 33 days give or take a day on random months. So would mean im due to ovulate around Wednesday. Started tracking with the clear blue ovulation with dual hormone and got my first flashing smiley face today so hopefully in track..i know it can take a while to ovulate after coming off the pill but things are looking positive so far..will keep you updated..anyone else due to ovulate around Wednesday next week?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: First flashing smiley

Postby SEL » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello! Yes, My opks are almost positive and I have pre-o pains so hopefully will O around Weds. Have started taking my Guafinesin or however the heck you spell it. Nice to have someone to wait with.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 am

Hey yeh nice to wait with someone..ive run out of the ovulation test sticks so couldnt test anymore will get some more if im out this month first mkbth off the pill so may not even ovulate but had all the other signs and been dtd so fingers crossed. How are you feeling about this cycle?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 am

Awww I hope you ovulate, there are a lot of ladies who fall pg after coming off pill.

I feel okay about this cycle but have a long history of chemicals. No problem conceiving it seems but making it stick is a whole different issue. I have three children from previous marriage, DH has two from his first marriage but weI have none together. Doc has me on progesterone after O, so we'll see. If no luck, in these five cycles, we are off to try IVF. Clock is ticking away lol!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Well I o'd yesterday (I'm guessing). I had o pains and positive opk the day before. We DTD, so hopefully we hit the target. Aggghhhh, now the lovely tww!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 am

Hey how are you? Ff says i ovulated Monday by my temps i completely messed up ovulation kit as got up arounf 3.30 and went to the toilet so was diluted ..also was using an old kit and then ran out though heard temps are a pretty good way of telling arent they?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:28 am

I think temps are the best way of telling personally because there is no denying the jump in tempo that indicates ovulation.

How was your bd timing?

Are you from or in England? I am English living in NY.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Yeh exactly i agree with that too..cant deny a jump..i dtd the day before the day of and day after as well..when i say day before it was at about 2.45am the day before then so ill say 1-1 1/5 day before lol..so never know..first month off the pill so not holding too much hope but would be nice..yeh im from England..south east..
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 am

Oh you've definitely got your timing well covered.

OMG, I'm from the South East too. Ashford in Kent. Was born and raised there, then lived in Australia in my twenties, my thirties in USA and the moved back to UK (Norfolk) now back in the States.

Ugh, I hate the 2ww lol. So boring and it messes with your mind.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Ha oh how strange i work in ashford and live in Dover at the moment..small world...how are you feeling about this cycle?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:19 am

Wow that's crazy. I have never seen anyone on here (have been a long time stalker of this board for years before I actually signed up lol) with any connection to my hometown. How cool.

I'm feeling optimistic this cycle but I always do. I think it is mainly due to the fact that we promised ourselves six cycles of trying and then we are off to do IVF....I think that makes me more relaxed about the whole thing. Our timing was good and I used softcups along with a clomid/estrogen protocol that Doc put me on and I have started my progesterone two nights ago along with vit d, folic acid, vit c etc.

How about you? How do you feel?

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I know me neither its crazy meeting someone with connections so close to home..ahh thats great glad you are feeling optimistic..i am too if im being honest timing was good and been taking my vitamins strange as just assumed i wouldn't even ovualte this cycle but temp shift says otherwise i won't be heartbroken if im out this month as didnt expect anything but strangely feeling optimistic..how many dpo are you?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:08 am

I am now 6dpo. Had mega bad cramping on 4dpo (WTF lol?) so bad that I couldn't sleep but nothing now, just the usual post O symptoms (sore right boob). I have one test so I need to purchase some more for 14dpo. I'm going to purchase the flat handles FRER's as the new ones suck!

How about you?

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 am

Hey wow that sounds weird..ive had weird crampiny on and off but dont feel like pre period..usually id feel bloated and want chocolate but im okay now just a bit tired though its first month off the pill so not sure what to expect..when are you testing? I was thinking of waiting until sunday
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 am

Ugh, so yesterday my left nipple was erect for hours but the other one was not lol and now I have discomfort in my right armpit. I'm so tired as well, keep nodding off in recliner at 7.30pm lol.

If it is any consolation to you, my first daughter was conceived whilst I was on the pill, I had missed about two pills I think. So, don't think anything about that. There have been lots of people on here who have conceived first cycle off it too.

I don't know when to test. I ordered some tests from Walmart yesterday, but we're in the throes of a huge snow storm currently so I don't know when they will get here. I will test as soon as I get them. I'm 7dpo today, so anytime from now is when I usually go for it.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Ovulation