First flashing smiley

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First flashing smiley

Postby SEL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:45 am

Hey English. I stopped my progesterone and am waiting for AF. They were all evaps. I have some old school flat handled FRER's arriving today so I will test with a proper test to make sure, but I am pretty much sure I'm out. Oh well, onward and upward to the next cycle. New Cycle, New Egg is my motto. I'm 15 dpo today so AF should be here over the next few days. I sat down and told DH this morning that we're out this month. He is very supportive and made me feel a bit better.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 am

Im sorry to hear that but glad dh is supportive and you are staying positive..af came yesterday evening which i was happy about as know it can take a while to get periods after coming off the pill. Have started vitamins etc and will get some more digital opks to track properly this cycle. We get married at end of May so will start trying properly then but want to get my body functioning right beforehand and also a bfp before the wedding would be great as well so not going to prevent but just trying to be more relaxed about it..how are you today? Would you like to support each other through the next cycle too? Will be lovely to have someone to talk too.
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 am

Well tested on the FRER's ( I had ordered flat FRER's but they sent the stupid curvy ones :doh: ) and all BFN. Still have stupid shadow lines on the easy@home (or should I call them "evap@home" lol) tests but have started spotting and I'm sure AF will arrive sometime over the next 24 hours in all of her bloody glory! :D I'm okay about, now I know I am def not pg, I just want to get this cycle over with and be on with the next.

Yay for you having your cycles get back to normal after coming off the pill. I may actually buy some of the digital opks too. I bought these cheap ones on amazon and I think they are a bit iffy so think I will def be better off with the smiley ones.

Congrats on getting married! How exciting...and it is really stressful and nerve-wracking so it's good that you are trying to relax about it. And omg, a pre wedding bfp would be awesome - are you going on honeymoon?

And yes, would love to hang out for the next cycle with you. my plan for this coning cycle is this... I'm taking my clomid 2-6, then my estrogen after, Guaifenesin, lemon water, pre seed, softcups. Am also going to go back to proper temping and charting. I need that graphical info, makes me feel like I'm in control of something!

Well must get on with the day and get the place ready for the week-end. I'm sure I will be wracked with AF cramps. Meh!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:47 am

Ahh glad you are staying positive and a great plan thanks for reminding me actually i need to get some of that cough medicine taking conception vitamin lemon water eveningg primrose capsuals as its great for cm as well only take that up to ovulation though. Also taking cassanovum..have you heard of it? Apparently helps you ovulate and can cause multiple eggs to be released..my son was a twin but the other didnt develope properly after a 6.5 week scan. My opks came today yay. I have fertility friend app to track temp etc..so glad my cycle came back..very excited for the wedding we are going to greece the week after so if i am pregnant will be a nice break :) on cycle day 3 atm..how are you? Cramps okay? Did spotting pick up into af?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Meh yes, AF is here in full force.

Ooooh Greece, lovely. I have been to Spetses, Corfu, Athens and another island beginning with a P - can't remember - so long ago. Loved it ( but then again us Brits love popping off somewhere where there is no rain and lots of sun).

I am thinking that the only real luck I will have is with IVF in three months.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Oh do you really think so? We can try and stay positive together im taking cassanovum original this cycle and epo up to ovulation..have you heard of cassanovum before? I hadn't until last month its got amazing reviews though...and yes need the holiday and sun for sure
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 am

ooh that cassanovum stuff looks interesting.

The EPO is good for improving CM right?

I will def keep trying in the three months of ttc I have left and try and remain positive, all I know is that I will never test early again as it is hard to see whether it is an evap or true bfp on those cheapies and the good tests are.... well... too bloody expensive lol!

I am trying to drop a few pounds also (am Doing slimfast) and have started walking for exercise. I might even dig out my Rosemary Conley DVD's. I figured get all of the blood flow moving around the body nicely. I wanted to do Acupuncture but have to save my money for the IVF.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Yeh ill let you know how it goes and yes epo is great for cm again ill let you know the difference i see...i hate waiting to ovulate...and then the tww is worse. And yeh testing early is a very expensive thing to do..regarding the weight loss i am actually a fully qualified pt so if you have any questions or want advice im more than happy to help :)
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Ugh, I hate waiting to o too.

So cool, you are a PT! At the moment I'm just walking for an hour and a half every morning. I'm so sore - did not realize how unfit I was lol. :oops: When I up the ante, with the workouts (thought I would just ease into this realllllly gently lol) I am bound to have a ton of questions so it is good to have you on hand!

I took a walk down memory lane and went onto Google Earth and looked at Ashford. I visited my old school which has been knocked down (St. Teresa's on Barrow Hill but it is now on Quantock Drive), my old church has gone and there is a spanking new one there, I walked through the town - OMG changed so much! There used to be an old Army tank at one end of the town but I couldn't find it. I see Charter House is still there. My best friend growing up, Eva, well her Dad is the Ashford Mayor - George Koowaree. We still are friends to this day. It felt really weird looking at everything. I used to go the North Girls in Willesborough, but now I see it has merged with the Boys school next door.

Oh well, enough of me rambling on lol.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Oh wow a lot has changed then i dont know ashford too well i just know where my work is and the hospital (i had my son there in 2015) cant believe he is 2 in August! I hope the cassanovum works well this cycle i will feel better if i get my static smiley too..just at end of period now on cd7 where abouts are you at in your cycle?..and no problem regarding questions
.remember to hydrate and stretch after your long walks will help prevent lactic acid building up which causes pain :)
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Ugh, I have been hit with a mild virus. Feel nauseous, upset tummy and headache from hell. Have time for it to clear before O time though. How are things with you?

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Oh no hope you feel better soon. Im okay just looking for soemwhere else to live and organising the wedding. I had my first hydrotherapy session yesterday for my hip so that was good. Feeling like this may be a more positive cycle as i can track properly and its my first proper cycle afyer coming off of bcp so goint to track with the digital opk and keep taking ny vitamins and epo up until ovulation. What are you taking atm? Really hope you feel better soon i hate being ill before ovulation..or any time for that matter
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:53 am

Wow, what happened to your hip? Did you have an op? Where are you thinking of moving to?

The nausea has gone, tummy still a bit upset and headache has gone too. Am getting over it.

I'm taking CoQ10 for egg quality, Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen (and so is DH), some Chinese herbs and am using an estrogen cream. I take a prenatal too.

It's snowing again here. So much for spring lol!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EnglishRose » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am

Oh wow snow..weather ia getting nice here now.. We want to move to folkestone as work in ashford..yeh i have bilateral hip dysplasia had major operation and screws put in my pelvis..they left the side of the bed down right after i came out of recovery and was on morphine and i fell from my bed and fractured my pelvis. So been awful. But wedding 2 months today so hope im walking well for that. Very stressful times ttc is helping to keep us positive at least. Ahh sounds like doing a lot to help with ttc then:) i feel like i should be rattling when I walk lol. Glad you are feeling a bit better now are you ttc for number 1?
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:27 am

OMG -that is terrible (what happened to you!) Were you at the William Harvey? I remember Folkestone well - My sister used to live in Hythe and my brother still lives in Temple Ewell. I used to go the Folkestone markets and the funfair there. Oh the good old days!

I am wondering if the estrogen cream I am using is making me nauseous. I normally use the stuff you insert up the hoohar, but to save money this month I switched to a cream that you massage into your skin. I am stopping using it for 24 hours and then will try it again and if the nausea comes back I will know that that is the culprit. I felt REALLY good on the vaginal one, but this one could be the cause of the sickness. I searched the net to see if there were any bad reviews about it but couldn't find any so I don't know....

If I conceive, this would be my fourth baby but my first for my DH and I together. No problem getting pg, but keeping the pregnancy is the problem. :( And my age. Early 40's now. Lots of my school friends are still falling pregnant naturally but well, everyone is different.

Ugh, still snowing here. It's been a long winter and was hoping that Spring was on it's way....meh.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation