O after early mc

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: O after early mc

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

Hi, Becca! I've been thinking about you, and I hope you're doing well.

I was just checking out your chart, and I'm intrigued. Looks like FF gave you crosshairs, even though you didn't get a positive OPK? Do you feel confident you ovulated?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 am

No, I didn't but I expected FF to maybe think it happened based on my temps. The pattern looks like O, but I got no ewcm, no positive opk, no O pains, and most of all, my top temps the last few days are only 97.2 which is pretty typical of my lowest temps before O, and way lower than typical post O temps. So still waiting... ;) Thanks for thinking of me!

How are things going on your end?
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:21 am

It looked a bit odd to me! Hope O comes soon for you, but still gives you enough time for your body and heart to heal before you're thrown into another TWW :hb:

Things are good here...finally O'd, and on the same day I suspected I did (all the signs lined up), so I was really pleased to have the confirmation from FF this morning. 3dpo today. I'm also pretty happy with our BD timing, so here's to hoping two lines show up at the end of next week! :belly:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Oh good! I just noticed some ewcm, so I'm hoping I'll O in the next 5 days or so!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bobbinoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi ladies..
Can I join you..
I'm CD 8 and have already notice some ewcm today.. but didn't even have a gap between end of AF.. does that mean I'll ovulate early? Last few cycles I remember having ewcm for over a week.. 2 or 3 dpo if I go by ovulation pains..
I've decided to try using some ovulation sticks this month to see if I can learn a bit more about when I may be ovulating & how it times with ewcm.. until now I've been timing ovulation with pains I get.. but also seem to have ovary twinging for a week... I'm confused..
hope the sticks help but not really sure how to work them.. took my first today.. was negative.
Baby dust to you..
Bobbinoot
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Bobbinoot, how many days of ewcm do you usually have? It's pretty safe to assume you O either the last day of ewcm or the day after. Some people do O very early in their cycle.

AFM... Things are looking good!
IMG_20170319_194630.jpg
IMG_20170319_194630.jpg (93.64 KiB) Viewed 483 times

Time to get this show on the road!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bobbinoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:57 pm

At least 7 days last month... went on until about CD 16 but my cycles only average 24-26 days.. ovulation pain was cd 14/15 last cycle.. so perhaps my hormones are a little out of balance? Will be interesting to see what ovulation sticks pick up
Good luck for your dtd days....
Bobbinoot
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Bobbi, I'd guess you probably have a shorter luteal phase, so maybe about 10 days, which is still in normal range. I feel O pains the two days before O. So if you are like me, feeling O pains on days 14/15, then Oing CD 16 plus a 10 day LP would put you at 26 days.

A week of ewcm is fantastic! Just guessing with a 10 day LP and counting backwards from your shorter 24 day cycle, that would put O right around CD 14 (positive opk around CD 11, 12, or 13), so ewcm would start around CD 7.

The math checks out, but only you can say if that fits into what you've seen. Shorter cycles can sometimes happen when you have a short LP and if it's shorter than 10 days, that could affect your ability to get pregnant. How long was your last cycle? If you do find you have a short LP, vitamin b6 can lengthen it.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bobbinoot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Gosh you're so knowledgeable.. thank you for all that detailed information.. has really helped & think you have my cycles to a T.
My last cycle was 26 days. I think my LF must be quite short.. and very interested in knowing if my ovulation pain is actually before ovulation. I always thought it was at the same time.: but that would make sense of the continuing ewcm.
Not sure I'm working these ovulation sticks very well but will see what happens.: what time of day should I be testing?
Bobbinoot
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 pm

LH is produced very early in the morning, then takes about 4 hours to reach the urine, so they say 11am to 4pm is the best time to take them. I never take mine in the morning unless they were getting darker the day before. I often see mine getting darker one afternoon, then I'll take a second one that evening and it will be positive or very close, then by the next morning it will be super positive.

The reason you will often feel O pain before O is that the maturing follicle is quite literally swollen and inflamed. Imagine a nasty zit before it pops- rather painful, but after it's been emptied, the pain goes away quickly. Kind of a gross comparison, but the best one I could think of. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bobbinoot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Ah thanks Beecee...
Really helpful information.. will keep you posted with what occurs throughout this week...
Already having right sided ovulation twinges..
Good luck to you & teapotts... hope you catch/caught that egg..
Bobbinoot
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about our timing, so hopefully some good will come of it!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bobbinoot » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 am

So... faint line on ovulation stick this afternoon ..
When do I test again? ...tomorrow or this evening?
It's only the first faint line today... so not a postive yet but not sure how quick it all happens now?
After your expert advice... :-)
Bobbinoot
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:49 am

Lol. If this is your first cycle using them, you may want to do twice a day, especially if you are nearing your suspected O date or noticing fertile cm or any other personal fertility signs (acne, sore boobs, cramps, etc. It's different for everyone). Some women do surge fast. I usually have 2 days of positives, but I seriously could have missed my surge this month because it came on so fast and my normal signs, like a few days of ewcm beforehand hadn't shown up yet. This cycle was weird for me, though, as it's the first after a miscarriage. You'll probably find you have somewhat predictable patterns after a few months of using them. Hopefully this first one's the charm, though. I got pregnant with my son on my first cycle using opk's.

Some people will have no line or a very faint line and then get a good strong positive with no warning. I think most people though, myself included, get a little warning by seeing their negative lines start to darken within the 24 hours leading up to a positive. When I suspect that's happening, I test twice a day, usually once in the afternoon between 1 and 4 and again between 8 to 10. If that last one is looking darker, then I'll test in the AM. Keep in mind that you may see lines get darker, then lighter throughout your cycle. It just takes a bit of observation for a few cycles to learn your body's patterns, then you don't waste so many opk's. ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to post pictures of your opk's if you need a second opinion.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 am

Oh, and just because this is something I see asked about a lot on here, you may have a borderline opk. The picture I posted of mine on this thread is a good example. The test line is ever so slightly lighter than the control. I usually count them as positive because I know they wouldn't be that dark unless I was catching the beginning of my surge. I just remind myself that I might have 3 days of positives that cycle instead of 2 and that O may occur 3 days after the borderline one, instead of my usual 2 days.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation