Ovulating earlier from one side.

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulating earlier from one side.

Postby Mari Mo04 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:08 am

Anybody else ovulate way earlier from one side than the other? I ovulated between CD 10 and 12 one month and the next it's between CD 14 and 16. Anybody else in this situation or know why this would happen?
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Ovulating earlier from one side.

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Huh... That's a really interesting question! I know the timing of O is dictated by the rise in estrogen that corresponds to the development of the maturing follicle, which triggers the pituitary glad to release LH. What I don't know is if both ovaries are producing estrogen at the same rate leading up to O, or if the one with the dominant follicle produces more (or even all?) of it for that cycle.

That would certainly help explain why someone would have what would be considered irregular cycles, though, if it depended on which side the egg was coming from.

I remember one user on here saying she had one weak ovary that didn't produce a strong ovulation, so when she O'd from that side, she pretty much knew that cycle was a bust. I don't know how she knew that though.

Sorry, that probably wasn't a helpful answer, I'm just intrigued by the question!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for the reply. It just started happening after my last miscarriage and I would wonder if it's a hormone issue, but had my Day 3 blood tests taken the cycle after I miscarried and it showed everything was fine. Maybe it's just me and my eggs aging. I am 35 this year...
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:22 am

This is a very good question and interesting,i was the same one ovary was ovulating earlier in my cycle and one later,why I don't know :)) also I was ovulating two cycles from my right side and one from my left side,the left side was the one who was lazier so to speak.
I don't think is your eggs,Im fairly young with a good ovarian reserve and i had the same experience.
Im sorry for your loss,I wish you good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:52 pm

It's nice to know I'm not alone even if I don't find any answers! Thank you for your condolences. I lost 5 in 18 months and after all the tests fall in the "unexplained" category and was told to call when I get my next positive test. It's frustrating, but we keep trying. Just want one more so badly! I haven't been able to conceive since my last loss over Labor day last year and am starting to lose a bit of hope though.
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:57 pm

5 losses,ohhh Im so sorry.Have you had any testing done to find out what could've happened?Progesterone,blood clotting,natural killier cells?!
You could start using coq10 to help out the eggs quality.
Don't lose hope,it will happen.
Were your losses early?Have you had a scan to be sure there isn't anything left behind that could interfere with implantation?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes. I've had all the testing and the medical bills to prove it. Lol! My doctor did CD 3 testing, progesterone came back at 21, thyroid was under 1, no autoimmune or clotting issues. No signs of PCOS She told me I was in perfect health and there wasn't anything they could do. I do have super heavy periods though, so started taking baby aspirin to see if it will increase circulation and maybe aid implantation. We are currently without insurance, so until we have it again I just have to wait, hope and pray. My husband won't even consider infertility treatments. His take on it is if it's supposed to happen it will.
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Is so frustrating when you don't have an answer...I know.
Baby aspirin can help so that is good.
Im sorry to hear your husband is not willing to try fertility treatments,my husband was the same when I was talking about Ivf,you had all the testing done at this point you can try Q10,ovaboost,dhea,vitamins to help improve your egg quality if there is a problem there,sadly we can get tested for almost every but I don't know of any test that is done to find out how good are our eggs.
I hope you get your rainbow baby very soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Thank you! I'm wearing him down about clomid...I hope! My youngest turns 3 next month, so I'm hoping it happens soon so the gap isn't super huge.
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby smouse77 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 am

I could have written this post word for word. It all started after my mc in November. One month I have a 24 day cycle, the next 30, and then back to 24. So strange. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to see what on earth is going on. I know I have a cyst in my right ovary (I think that's my longer cycle ovary). It's so frustrating when Ttc. Keep us posted on what's going on. I'm interested if we have similar things going on. Do you temp? I ask because I question if I'm even ovulating. I tried temping but failed miserably due to horrible sleep.
smouse77
Friend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:46 pm

I don't temp. I have a toddler that I'm up with two or three times every night and so wasn't getting accurate charts. My doctor confirmed I was ovulating after my last loss with a progesterone test on Cycle Day 23 though. I would be interested in hearing what your Dr says about this though if you are willing to share!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby smouse77 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:54 pm

I sure will!
smouse77
Friend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Good luck with your appointment this week! Hope you get the help and answers you are looking for.
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby smouse77 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks! I've already made some notes on my alternating cycles... so weird. It's 23 day cycle the 29 day then back to 23 day, etc. I'm really hoping to get some answers.
smouse77
Friend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Fingers crossed for you!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to Ovulation