Need Opinions - Please Read :)

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need Opinions - Please Read :)

Postby CallMeGrace1993 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

Hi all, I'm new here. :) I'm never been good with ovulation/tww stuff, so I'm looking for some opinions.

I have 25 day cycles (normally - they've been running that way since my MC in Jan). My last cycle was March 29 - April 4, with an O day of 4-9. I'm almost positive I O'd on time as I had the tale-tell cramping, ect. I dtd the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and the 7th.

Now I'm sitting at 5 dpo and today I've felt awful. Nausea, sore boobs, headache and the fatigue is ridiculous. I *know* it could still be too early to tell, but I'm the kind of woman that can get a BFP 7-8 days before AF is due. I'm 'allergic' to HCG which causes me to suffer with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, making things get nasty very quickly.

My question is this; how long does sperm live before it's no good for ovulation, and, is there a chance I conceived? I sound naïve, I know. I am stressing another pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy and love the baby, but the situation is just horrible right now.
CallMeGrace1993

Re: Need Opinions - Please Read :)

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Sperm can live for up to five days but five days is stretching it. The male sperm are less hardy than the female sperm and they die off first usually. If you had sex on the seventh and you ovulate on the ninth you have a very good chance of being pregnant. I think you said you are at dpo 5? Implantation usually occurs between day six through 12 so I would give yourself a few more days and then test.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation