Early Ovulation

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early Ovulation

Postby KareBear08 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 am

Hey All, this is my 1st time posting but my cycle this month has been a little odd so I thought I would look to you all for some advice (I read the posts on here often so I know you ladies are very knowledgeable).
My DH and I have been TTC since February. I had my IUD removed in early January and my cycles have been 31-35 days ever since. In February and March I O'd on CD 18, I got my smiley face on my OPK on CD17 both months. I use Clearblue digital OKP. This month I was having some cramping and CM that I typically associate with ovulation around CD11, I took a OPK on CD12 in the late evening and to my surprise I got a smiley face. DH and I were shocked, it was so much earlier than usual. I thought maybe my body was just gearing up for O early this month and I would actually O around my normal CD so I continued to take OPK twice daily. Here it is CD19 and I never got another smiley face! I have however continued to have mild cramping and increased CM.
Just wondering if any of you had ever had anything like this happen before? DH and I DTD 2 days before positive OPK, day of and a couple days after just to be covered, so I may be 6DPO, I'm just not sure and it's driving me crazy!
Before I got my IUD last year my cycles were 26-28 days long so I'm thinking that my body may just be getting back to its old pre-iud self.
Should I continue my OPK or am I just wasting $$ at this point?
KareBear08

Re: Early Ovulation

Postby 860lindsey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 am

Sounds like your body is just getting back to normal like you said. I typically O between cd19-21 but the month I got pregnant with baby #2 I ovulated randomly on cd 14. So I guess it's possible just to ovulate early some months.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation