Ovulation feeling different the first month of trying!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation feeling different the first month of trying!

Postby Littlelexy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi ladies! So we are finally trying to conceive! :) So very excited! I have two other kiddos from a previous marriage and they were planned. But I honestly have just forgotten what I felt like last time around during the ovulation stage. It seems every month before we started to conceive I had tons of EWCM, but I can't tell you what day in my cycle it began. I got a app that told me I will ovulate either the 3rd or the 5th of the month. Still no EWCM. MY periods are very normal. 30day cycle and about 4 days long for my period. So this month I started on the 18th. The past 4 days I have had period like cramps, and my sense of smell is up. Are those signs of ovulation? We have BD almost every single day since then. Im not temping and I don't have the ovulation kit stuff. Just trying to go with the flow of my body.

Thanks for listening and would love to hear yalls responses. :)
Littlelexy
Friend

Re: Ovulation feeling different the first month of trying!

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi there!!

Congrats on TTC!! Personally, I don't put much thought into those apps . There is really no way they can tell you exactly when ovulation time is.

The best way to really know is to track CM and temp every morning so that you can see a temp shift indicating that you ovulated. I understand not wanting to take all that on when TTC. It can become stressful for sure.

I'd say if you're not having EWCM you're probably not in you're fertile period. Once that happens I would BD until it's gone. And maybe another day after to be sure. Again, it's difficult to say for sure because every woman is different. What your describing (cramps, increased sense of smell) could be PMS or pregnancy. Maybe you already O'd.

I would consider getting some cheap OPKs so you have a better idea of when O is coming. Those apps are usually WAY off.

Good luck to you!!! :)
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414