2nd month on VITEX, My experiences!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2nd month on VITEX, My experiences!

Postby johnsonstss » Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post ever on any board but I have been diligently haunting them for the last 6 months. My partner and I have been not preventing pregnancy the last 7 months... and i know what your thinking but we are having sex EVERYDAY! and for the first 3 months of that time TWICE A DAY! So i was really starting to worry that something was wrong because I should have been pregnant. (I do have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage). I never tracked my period up and didn't know much about any of it till I started reading about it and found that I ovulated very late about cycle day 19 or 20 and then my cycles varied from 28-34 days so sometimes my LP was very short and sometimes not. My LH surges on OPKs were for about 4 days and although they didn't get as dark as the test line they were the darkest all month. I would also have faint LH marks all month long. Endometriosis runs in my family (every single female has it and my mom had to have a hysterectomy). I also have always had extremely painful periods and very heavy! They were also always very dark red and full of clots. So all of this made me think something was very wrong and I couldn't afford to go to a doctor.

I started studying up on VITEX and was terrified to try it because of all the positives and negatives I've read. I am one of those people that if there is a side effect, I will have it! So i took the risk and started it last month at the end of my period (cycle day 5). I also started temping this cycle for the first time. The first two weeks on it I felt wonderful, like i had had a life energy shot. Then i started to worry because OPKs were not picking up LH surge on day 19 and so on. I was terrified I was one of those people that vitex cause annovulation with! Then cycle day 24 came and I had the DARKEST OPK line I have every had in the 5 months I was doing ovulation tests. There was no faint build up of LH or lasting surge. It was cycle day 24, 25 and gone. The ovulation was confirmed with BBT as well. The days after I ovulated were filled with PMS symptoms. Although they weren't terrible I had never experienced pre period pms before so that was a negative. My period was also LATE. That cycle was the longest I had but the VITEX did what it was supposed to and gave me a 15 day LP!! My period was bright red with a little bit of cramps and moderate flow - NOTHING like it usually is!

This, my 2nd month on VITEX, has been picture perfect ovulation. Today is day cycle day 13 and i am experiencing ovulation cramps on the right side (which I have never had) and a DARK OPK and a BBT temp dip this morning. The VITEX did exactly as it was supposed to for me and regulated my period and ovulation and LP phase! I am hoping now with everything working better we will be able to get our baby!

Sorry for the essay but I know when researching i was readying every single thing i could get my hands on about ovulation and vitex, so i hope this helps someone else. I know things work differently on everyone but this is just my experience. Best of luck to everyone on their journeys!
johnsonstss
Friend

Re: 2nd month on VITEX, My experiences!

Postby Danaa » Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Thank you for sharing.Good luck to you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation