Confusing-when did I ovulate?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Confusing-when did I ovulate?

Postby roraro » Fri May 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi again, long story short
Cd20 positive opk in the am, test libe darker than control one, negative opk in the evening
Cd21 positive opk in the am, negative pm, same as previous day
Cd22 positive opk but not as dark as before, test line similar to control line, but positive as well in the evening; also increased cm

Did I ovulate yet? Or will I ovulate in the next day?
Have bd days 19 to 21 every day. Really hope this is my month!
roraro
Friend

Re: Confusing-when did I ovulate?

Postby 860lindsey » Fri May 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Were you testing with first morning urine? I would always get positive with fmu. If so, then I would say your actual positive is cd 22 (even though they say once you get a positive you can stop testing I'm wondering if those am positives were true positives since it was negative in the pm). The increased cm makes me think cd 22 also. Usually ovulation occurs 12-48 hours after your positive opk so I would continue to bd for the next couple of days unless you are temping and get your temperature rise then you can stop. Also, keep an eye on your cm. If it dries up or changes to creamy then that is a good indication that ovulation has taken place. Good luck!!!!!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby roraro » Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 pm

860lindsey wrote:Were you testing with first morning urine? I would always get positive with fmu. If so, then I would say your actual positive is cd 22 (even though they say once you get a positive you can stop testing I'm wondering if those am positives were true positives since it was negative in the pm). The increased cm makes me think cd 22 also. Usually ovulation occurs 12-48 hours after your positive opk so I would continue to bd for the next couple of days unless you are temping and get your temperature rise then you can stop. Also, keep an eye on your cm. If it dries up or changes to creamy then that is a good indication that ovulation has taken place. Good luck!!!!!

It wasnt the fmu, i took it around 10am. Last night I woke up at 3.30am because I was feeling a sharp pain like in my left ovary, lasted for 5-10mins. Maybe that was the releasing of the egg? I will check my cm as well. We bd last night, so cd 22. Hope we will do it again today...dh thinks this is too much :(
roraro
Friend

Postby 860lindsey » Sat May 27, 2017 4:40 am

Sperm can live for 3-5 days so if you don't get to bd today I think you've got yourself covered. It is actually recommended to have sex every other day when trying to conceive. Sex every day doesn't always allow for the sperm to properly replenish itself. So if dh is feeling like it's too much maybe skip today. That pain sounds like it might have been your egg release. good luck!!!!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation