What causes early ovulation?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What causes early ovulation?

Postby MRS.K80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 am

I was just wondering if there were any reasons why a person might ovulate early?

I ovulated yesterday, which threw of my baby making game, since I wasn't supposed to ovulate (according to Ovia) until Sunday.

The hubby and I only had the chance to BD once (late at night on the 5th). :/
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
Stepson 8yo (would love a sibling!!!)
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: What causes early ovulation?

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:45 am

How early was the ovulation?!
How do you track ovulation?!Opks,temps?!
Early ovulation can be caused by some supliments you might have took?!
Or you simply had an nice mature eggie.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRS.K80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:31 am

I have just been going off what the Ovia app tells me. It calculates based on your menstrual cycle and it was telling me that my fertile window started on the 7th and it went into next week, estimating that I would O on Sunday.

I only just started tracking my bbt last cycle. I noticed the dip in temp yesterday morning and this morning it went up 1.2 degrees. But I am not always consistent with tracking my bbt because of the hours I work.

I also try and keep track of my CM. I was having creamy/lotion cm the last few days and then on the 8th, I had EWCM... another reason I assume that I ovulated.

I am thinking of starting OPKs next cycle. I was going to this cycle but my work schedule got really out of control and I have been putting in 70hr work weeks so adding in OPKs was just too much.
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MRS.K80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 am

Oh, and no supplements...
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:42 am

Temping and watching cm is good,if you have a chart post s picture.
How early I mean what cycle day you think you ovulated?!
Stress can mess up ur cycles but I didn't know it can cause early ovulation.
Sometimes you get a dip a rise and then a dip again in ur chart is natural,is ur body getting ready to ovulate and also I have gotten fertile cm way before ovulation so you might have not just yet who knows.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRS.K80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 am

I can try and share a pic of my Ovia chart later tonight. I am new to it so its kind of a mess... especially since I missed a few days due to work or I overslept... I think I O'd on CD 15. Only a handful of days early (according to Ovia). Today would be one day post ovulation. I am just assuming, with the EWCM yesterday and the 1.2 degree temp spike today, that yesterday (CD15) was the day I O'd.

Also, I just went to the bathroom and noticed EWCM again. And I have noticed some cramping/pinching in my left pelvic area today. Of course, with TTC, you notice eeeeverything your body does.. lol
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Whenever you see ewcm get to BD!!
Maybe you haven't ovulated yet.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRS.K80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 pm

We will certainly be doing the BD tonight! Thanks for the help!
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Mrs.K, have you confirmed when you ovulate in past cycles? Apps can only guess your fertile window based on averages- so most assume O is around day 14 for a 28 day cycle. They may adjust if your cycle length is longer or shorter, but it's all usually based on a 14 day luteal phase.

So this may actually be normal timing for your body, but it varies from your app's guess. Do you use opk's? That might be a good thing to try in the future so you have a little warning before O.

Also, how confident are you in this morning's temp? The presence of ewcm does suggest you maybe haven't O'd yet. If there's a chance that temp is incorrect, you may still have time!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRS.K80 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:58 am

I am pretty confident in my temps. The last few days, I was able to temp at the same time, right after waking up. Today I got 97.1

I also have white creamy/lotiony cm today so I my fertile days are gone... :/

And I havent tried opks yet. I am relatively new to some of the ttc stuff... DH and I were basically just BDing during my estimated fertile week based off of Ovias estimation. From there, I began to learn about charting, cm, cp, and bbt.

This is my 5th cycle trying and I have only been charting for about 2 cycles. OPKs are my next thing to try for cycle 6.

I was only able to BD once before O'ing this cycle cuz I O'd sooner than I expected and the hubby has been sick. So I am guessing I am going to be out :(
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:27 am

Temping will help you determine your own body's O pattern. For some people it's pretty predictable! I have slightly irregular cycles now, so I can O anywhere from CD 15 to CD 23. Even fertility friend, that is taking all of your personal data into account, can give you a wrong estimate of your fertile days. This month it said by fertile window would start around CD 15. Well, I O'd on CD 15, so had I not been watching for signs and using opk's, I would have missed it completely! When you just yeah your period, and base your BD timing on an estimate, you could be missing your most fertile days every month!

Are your cycles pretty regular in overall length? If they are, and you can temp to figure out your LP length, you'll be able to guess a little better next time. If you're worried, you can also try an every other day or every 2/3 day BD pattern in the week or so leading up to your suspected fertile window. This will keep sperm healthy and ensure there are always some in there just in case! That was our plan this month, and O snuck up on me, but I got my positive opk so we still got the 3 days before O and I got my bfp.

I know you must be frustrated, but if you start tracking a little more closely and pinpoint O, you will probably have better luck! And like I said in my response on your other thread... You got one BD in this month, so you still have a shot!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRS.K80 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 am

My cycles are not always regular. Every now and then I run a few days longer than normal. Just a month ago my af was 2 days later than normal.

Hopefully the one time was enough. My parents and siblings are all going to be visiting at the end of June (1st time in 4 yrs that we have managed this) and I would love to ne able to have some good news to share!

Fingers crossed for us all!!!! :)
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ovulation