Only had Sex once during ovulation.

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Only had Sex once during ovulation.

Postby Ally62442 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 am

My predicted fertile period this month is from the 24th - 29th. With today being my most fertile day. I don't track my ovulation yet. I just use an app on my phone. Me and my partner only had sex the once during this period and won't be having sex again due to work etc. We dtd on the 25th. I'm just after some advice really. Is it possible to get pregnant from just dtd the once during ovulation. Has it happened to anyone else. I no speem can live awhile but If I've only ovulated today then it would have had to survive 3 day.

Thanks in advance. Xx
Ally62442

Re: Only had Sex once during ovulation.

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes, it's possible. Your most fertile days are the few days leading up to O, as that means the sperm can be waiting for the egg when it's released. 3 days before ovulation is still prime time. Of course your chances would be higher if you had more than one day on the books, but it only does take one sperm.

A note on period tracker apps, though: that fertile window is based purely on averages, so you could actually be missing your window completely if you are relying on that alone. Watch your cervical mucus and if it gets slippery or like egg whites in consistency, that's your body's way of telling you that ovulation is near. Sperm can only survive multiple days when fertile cm is present!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation