Can I ovulate this early? Thoughts?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Can I ovulate this early? Thoughts?

Postby andreacharlier » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Okay so basically I know that my body is on a serious roller coaster ride lately, and its not exactly predictable but if anyone has any advice, or has been in a similar situation-- please let me know! Any comments are appreciated. Here goes nothing...

- Nexplanon BC taken out 5/30

- I had EWCM and was SHOW on 6/6, 6/7 and 6/8 (I think I ovulated 6/8 or 6/9)

- BFP on 6/27!

- 7/4 (right after fourth of july bbq where we told our families) I started to bleed and cramp. Cramping and bleeding continued until 7/6

-7/5 went to ER, very low level HCG, sent home as "threatened miscarriage"

-7/6 took a HPT in the morning out of worry and it was as white as snow- BFN already!

-7/6 went to ER and got my levels checked again and they were already down to 0, doctor confirmed "chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage"

- 7/7 and 7/8 I took OPK and got super positive results.. at three differnent times!

I'm fully aware that if you are pregnant, or have any trace of HCG in your system that you can get a false positive OPK but both days that I got positive OPK I had BFN and my HCG level was already down to 0... I didn't have regular cycles when on the Nexplanon BC so I honestly haven't had a period in like 3 years, but is it at all possible that I could be fertile, or approaching ovulation 2 days after a chemical pregnancy bleed? I've searched the internet through and through but this seems to be a case unlike any other-- if you have any advice, or if any part of this situation seems similar to something you've experienced, i'd love to hear from you. We are young and newlyweds and BD isn't a problem, so we do it regularly anyway, but I just don't know whats going on with my body! We BD last night so if I was gearing up for ovulation- that would be a good sign!
andreacharlier
Friend

Re: Can I ovulate this early? Thoughts?

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:19 pm

So sorry for your loss. :(

I did a lot of research after my first mc and the general consensus seems to be that it's very common to O early after a loss (it's also common to O on time, really late, or not at all- basically there are a whole cocktail of hormones involved in pregnancy other than HCG and things can be out of whack for awhile).

In your case, it's possible that your body knew the pregnancy was over as the HCG started falling, but before you started bleeding and restarted your cycle as far as hormones go. That combined with the chance of early O, and depending on how long you bleed, could put O just after bleeding stops. I read a lot of stories of women who found out they were pregnant again just a few weeks after bleeding stopped.

So yes, those could be legit positive opk's. But, I also found that the first cycle after both of my MC's, my opk's were almost positive the entire month (I first tested CD 7 each one, basing CD 1 as the start of bleeding). Opk's can pick up FSH which I would assume could be kicked into overdrive after a loss. I'd keep checking every day to see if they go back negative.

Hopefully you get an answer soon, but don't be surprised if your whole first cycle after is kind of wonky as your body figured things out. Hopefully that helps. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby andreacharlier » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:22 pm

That was very helpful! I appreciate your input! I'm sure my body is incredibly confused, especially since it hasn't done this whole menstrual cycle thing since 2014 :) I'll just keep BDing as usual and doing ovulation tests to see what happens!
andreacharlier
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend