Ovulation and CP in same week?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation and CP in same week?

Postby andreacharlier » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:28 pm

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​This is my first time here and first time using OPK's so I could use some advice!

I know the test line should be as dark as/darker than control to be considered + but are those positives?

This is my first time keeping track of cycles but I got a BFP on June 27th and then bled July 4-6, went to ER and it was a confirmed "chemical pregnancy"- HCG level was already down to 0 in July 6th.. took OPK July 7 and 8 and both days were positive.. signs of ovulation as well.

IS IT WVEN POSSIBLE TO OVULATE THREE DAYS AFTER CHEMICAL PREGNANCY?!
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (73.38 KiB) Viewed 537 times
andreacharlier
Friend

Re: Ovulation and CP in same week?

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:54 am

Im really sorry to hear about your loss!!
The opks look positive but i don't think you are ovulating just now.
If im not mistaken your started bleeding on the 4th that being your cd1 and the opks were on the 7th and that is cd4?!I think your hormones might be unbalanced after the pregnancy,I would keep taking opks just to be sure.
Early ovulation might not be a good thing because the egg might not mature enough to be fertilized and the lining thick enough to sustain a pregnancy,if indeed is true ovulation i would be worried about the lining,you just bled a few days prior and I really doubt that the lining had time to get thick in only 3-4days.
I think only time will tell but keep up with the opks and why not BD just to be safe.
I hope I made sense :)) im not good with words and English is not my first language.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielleh22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:38 am

Andrea: I'm literally in the same boat as you. Almost exact dates and everything. Found out I was pregnant towards the end of June. Went to ER and started bleeding July 3-7, confirmed miscarriage. Beta HCG dropped quickly. I had what looked like to be a positive OPK on the 9th. My tests look just like yours, and I was even cramping. No CM though. I BD'd once just in case.

I have my chart posted in my sig so you can see. I should be able to confirm ovulation with the next two days of temps. If they don't go up then I'm thinking my tests are a fluke due to the hormones from the miscarriage. Will be curious to see how your situation turns out.

Sorry for you loss...hopefully you will get your rainbow baby soon <3
Me: 30 Him: 28
DS: Manolo- 1 yr
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).
Nov 2017- 2 Failed HSGs due to curvy cervix

BFP #1 July 30, 2015 (Cycle 7) Born April 13th, 2016
BFP #2 Dec 28, 2016 (Cycle 6) Miscarriage @ 5w4d
BFP #3 June 26, 2017 (Cycle 11) Miscarriage @ 4w6d
BFP #4 Nov 18, 2017 (Cycle 15) Waiting on betas...hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby andreacharlier » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Danielle! I'm so sorry you're going through the same thing but I'm very glad to have found someone in the same boat as me... I took an OPK today and it was barely there.. super negative. I checked my CM and I had an abundance of creamy cm and I don't temp so I'd love love love it if you'd keep me up to date with your temps to see if maybe we did ovulate? I realize its diff for everyone but I'd like to see if you did, because we are in such similar situations! IDK about you but we got together with family on the fourth of july and of course we told everyone and celebrated... only to go home and start bleeding. how cruel!
andreacharlier
Friend

Postby danielleh22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Andrea, I will definitely keep you posted!

same thing with us. We had my husband's family visiting from out of state. He told all of them. We went boating to celebrate the 4th, and when we got back I had started to bleed on the car ride home. I had to go straight to the ER. My husband told them the bad new when we got home because I just went straight to my room and cried. I couldn't deal with them at the time. They were very nice and understanding. It made for a very somber last day with us though! I totally know how you feel :\
Me: 30 Him: 28
DS: Manolo- 1 yr
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).
Nov 2017- 2 Failed HSGs due to curvy cervix

BFP #1 July 30, 2015 (Cycle 7) Born April 13th, 2016
BFP #2 Dec 28, 2016 (Cycle 6) Miscarriage @ 5w4d
BFP #3 June 26, 2017 (Cycle 11) Miscarriage @ 4w6d
BFP #4 Nov 18, 2017 (Cycle 15) Waiting on betas...hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation