Ease my mind :)

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ease my mind :)

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:18 am

Hey y'all
Been a while since I posted so for those of you haven't heard my story here's a brief summary.
I've been TTC for 9 months. My husband and I require the use of a sperm donor. Initially we were using the cyrobank but the expenses of it quickly near about emptied our baby-making-savings. So my obgyn suggested looking at the known donor registry, and I'm so lucky we found a match. Problem is he lives 4 hours away and it requires travel on my part.
This is my fourth month attempting with this donor, and I've narrowed in closely on my fertile window after tracking my bbt, opks, and cm for more than a year. Unfortunately, I lost my thermometer 2 months ago and I never replaced it :doh: So I don't have that information to rely on but in the last 3 months my cycle has become more and more predictable (thank the lord!) and I tend to O the day of or the day after the full moon and I start my period the day of or the day after the new moon. So I use that as a tool as well. (I'm on a 29 day cycle)
Last night was a full moon and I planned a visit with the donor so I could...get the goods, haha. Yesterday before I left I took an OPK and it was alllllmost positive, I knew it was gonna be positive either later that evening or in the morning. But I'm low on OPK tests so I didn't test again until this morning (my last one) and I got this blazing positive. I was able to meet the donor last night (CD 14/Full Moon) and got this test this morning (CD15). Now I'm toying with the idea if I should've planned a second trip to visit my donor tonight or tomorrow. It's a struggle because it would require taking a day off work and booking a hotel and the whole nine yards. SIGH. I know one time can be enough but I just want opinions. After making the 8 hour round trip last night I'm not necessarily chomping at the bit to do it again but if one must- I will! I know sometimes less is more, and god bless my donor, he'd been sustaining for a few days so that we would hopefully be successful this time around. I feel really confident I caught it so maybe I don't need to worry.

Opinions? Thoughts?
Baby Dust to y'all Xo
Attachments
IMG_5737.jpg
Top (CD 14) Bottom; This morning (CD 15)
IMG_5737.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 548 times
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Ease my mind :)

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:10 am

They do say taht once is enough to get pregnant but the more the better.
Maybe wait and see what is going to happen this cycle and if no bfp then next cycle you could go to the the day of teh positive opk.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am

Danaa wrote:They do say taht once is enough to get pregnant but the more the better.
Maybe wait and see what is going to happen this cycle and if no bfp then next cycle you could go to the the day of teh positive opk.
Good luck!

Thanks girl, yeah. Unfortunately we usually have to plan in advance which is obviously difficult when our bodies are ever-changing their minds! :D He lives in South Florida, in a very popular vacation destination which makes it difficult to be like "TODAY! let's go!" But I think I caught it this time, I hope. Typically I stay for two-three days but my work schedule wasn't going to allow me the extra days off this time, and I think I'm just over-analyzing. Time to just sit back and let it happen as it will...bring on the TWW!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:32 am

Enjoy the tww lol.
Even with BD is hard to schedule these things,I don't miss it at all.
My poor husband at one point thought I wasn't into him at all unless for baby making....hard times.
I hope everything turns out ok for you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 am

Danaa wrote:Enjoy the tww lol.
Even with BD is hard to schedule these things,I don't miss it at all.
My poor husband at one point thought I wasn't into him at all unless for baby making....hard times.
I hope everything turns out ok for you!!

Girl I get it. haha

Enjoy the TWW? Yeah right! Nah, I'll do my best to pretend I don't care. :roll:
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:04 am

Good enough hahahha.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm

:wink:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS