Am I pregnant or is it an evap line?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Am I pregnant or is it an evap line?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:17 am

Nope, I get it. To be honest, when I went to my last doctor's appt (was supposed to be my 11 week US, but instead discussing my losses), I kept daydreaming about them finding a miracle baby hanging on in there. This was after I passed tissue and had O'd and had AF show up right on time. I think it's a good sign that there's some hope left in you, even if it's "misdirected."

I think with that confirmation, though, you have some closure. It hurts all over again when you get that news, but it also allows you to start processing it. My second loss was harder the first day or two because even without confirmation I already knew, but also I had blood results from lab work taken earlier in the week the day after I started bleeding. So the shock and sadness was huge, but it arrived all in one blow and I was able to work through my emotions much faster than the first time, which dragged out over almost a week before I got confirmation. Even if it doesn't feel like it now, that confirmation is a blessing in the long run.

Are you back at work today?
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Krippycat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Yes, it was back to work for me today and through the rest of the week. I have cried several times today and I still feel really tired. I've just been spotting some brown discharge again today. I think maybe it's about to stop. I'm hoping anyway. I guess all things considered, today hasn't been too terrible. Better than being at the house alone. Just have to take it one day at a time. My husband keeps trying to reassure me that we'll have a baby someday. I hope he's right.
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

He is! I know it's hard to see it when you're steeped in doubt and fear, but it will happen. I have to keep telling myself the same thing. I'm so sad of losing another baby, but if that happens, we'll go the RE. This is something I want bad enough to fight for it.

The chances of something being wrong for you are very low. Miscarriage is common and the overwhelming majority of women who experience one go on to have healthy babies. I know I mentioned it before, but it is fantastic that you know you can get pregnant. It's only a matter of time. <3
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Krippycat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm

I just accessed this site from my laptop for the first time. Looks much different and so much easier to navigate around. BeeCee, oh my goodness, your son is so adorable!! :-)

I'm still spotting, but not very much. Just a very tiny bit of brown/pink. I'm still really sad, and I haven't made it a day without crying yet, but it's getting better. BeeCee, I'm praying that you and I both get our babies that we so desperately want. :hb: I think after I get my next period, we're going to try again. In the mean time, should I take anything other than prenatal vitamins? I'm not the healthiest eater, so I know I need to take some kind of vitamins.
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Aw, thank you! And yes, even on my phone I only use the desktop version because the mobile one is terrible! Plus, if you request the desktop version, you can see people's signatures. ;)

As for what to take- definitely keep taking your prenatals. Try to add fruits and veggies wherever you can and drink lots of water. Also, getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (doesn't have to be hard, just go for a walk) can help get bloodflow to your uterus and help your lining build up.

I don't think you need to take anything beyond that! I'm glad you're doing a little better. It takes time, but I think you're out of the worst of it. You'll still have your moments when it's really hard, but I hope you can move forward in hope for future cycles!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Just checking in to see how you're holding up. I'm guessing a little better now? :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Krippycat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks, for checking on me, BeeCee. Been busy with work, but I was just getting on here to update. I am doing better, but for some reason, I had a really emotional day today. I broke down at work and cried for awhile after seeing a lady with a newborn baby. It sucks. I took a pregnancy test on Tuesday and it was negative. I haven't bled any in a week now, so that's a plus. Hoping to get my period in the next couple of weeks, though. I'm ready to try again. I want to be pregnant again so bad. :-(

I ordered some new Prenatal vitamins. MegaFood Baby & Me prenatal vitamins. I read a lot of good reviews on them. Seems no prenatal is perfect, though. They're all lacking one thing or another. I'm thinking about buying some opk's, but I don't really know much about them or which are best.
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better overall. Those bad days will hit randomly... They still do for me. You are right that no vitamin is perfect, but there are a lot of good ones out there. I just read an article about a breakthrough study in Australia that found vitimin b3 (niacin) could prevent certain miscarriages and birth defects. They predict this finding is big, like the discovery of folic acid preventing neural tube defects! The article I read said don't try to increase b3 on your own just yet as they don't have a recommended dose or knowledge of possible negative side effects, but I was considering adding a b complex vitimin to my regimen as I know a lot of people take them when TTC.

As for the opk's, you'll just have to try some and see how they work for you. I really like the ones from the dollar store. They are super clear for me- really negative before O, then gradually darker for a couple of days before they go positive, and the positives are very obvious. I also like wondfos, but I know after several cycles how they work for me. They are harder to read for some people as they can look "almost positive" for several days. They are cheap, but it might take you a cycle or two to learn how they work for you.

There are also the advanced opks that give you the high and then peak fertility reading. They are more expensive. For me, I get ewcm for a day or two then get a positive cheapie opk, then O two days later so I get plenty of warning before O and standard opk's work great for me. The advanced ones are helpful if you don't get much warning from your body and/or you O right after a standard positive opk, as they usually give you about 4 days notice of O.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Krippycat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 am

That is really interesting about the vitamin b3. I've been reading up a lot on vitamins this past week. Shame you can't just take one 'magic' pill and it be everything you need to have a healthy baby. Would make life so much easier! Before the pregnancy/miscarriage, I've always had fairly consistent cycles. Generally a 28 day cycle... occasionally 30. I generally have the same thing before ovulation, ewcm for a couple of days, then ovulation within a couple days. I sometimes know when I'm ovulating due to some cramping or twinges of pain, but not always. I have a fertility tracker calendar on my phone, so basically been trying to use it going off my 28 day cycle.

What really struck me as odd this past cycle was I didn't get all my ewcm like I generally do, so I honestly thought there was no chance that I had conceived, because I was in doubt that I had even ovulated due to that. I don't know if that even means anything, but it was odd for me. I wish I knew when to expect my period. I want it to hurry up and arrive!!
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am

It is possible to have ewcm higher up where it's needed and not see much of it. The cycle I got pregnant with Henry, I had one day of ewcm and one of watery cm. That was it! I get much more now, but it's definitely possible to get and stay pregnant with less than average ewcm. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Ovulation