CD 11 -Who's fixin' to Ovulate? + HSG Experience?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

CD 11 -Who's fixin' to Ovulate? + HSG Experience?

Postby mermaid.hair » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:58 am

Hey y'all,

It's about that time again! I can't believe it's CD 11 already YET it takes FOREVERRRRR for the TWW to pass.
Just checking in to see if there is anyone around the same CD as me, looking for another person to lean on for support. Today is CD 11 for me, I just started POAS today...I usually start on CD 10 but I forgot that I ran out last month :doh: Thank goodness for amazon prime delivery :roll:

Yesterday @ CD 10 I had my first HSG (I've been asking my gyno for months to order one, so I switched Drs and the new one ordered it right away) THANK YOU! Anyways so the procedure was interesting. The particular imaging center I went to did not have stirrups for one, soooo I had to brace my own self up on the very edge of the table. GIRLS! This was a feat because I went to a 90 minute yoga class the night before and my calf muscles were soooo sore then to add that to it in the morning I was like OH LORD SAVE ME FROM FALLING OFF THIS TABLE! :rofl: Luckily that did not happen. However the Dr had a difficult time getting the catheter into my cervix, probably a sign that I'm not quite ready for ovulation yet :) Once in however, it was uncomfortable but by no means painful, I've had a variety of friends have this procedure done and each of them had a totally different experience pain/comfort wise so I didn't know what to expect. So what did it show? I know that's what you're waiting to hear. Well, the right side was totally clear it filled immediately. The left side filled a little slower, which was almost expected--I have a history of complicated cysts on the left and he believed he pushed through some scar tissue. Because once he pushed a little more in it went into both tubes at the same speed, so we're all clear! WHEW! What a damn relief. I left feeling okay, and went back to work but once my ibuprofen wore off I felt a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen, ugh, it was terrible and crampy for a few hours but by about 8 last night I was fine again. WHEW. Did any of y'all have similar experiences with your HSG?

Dr says the next 3 months there is typically an increase in fertility in women who have HSG. I won't hold my breath on it, but I will cross my fingers.
After 3 months we're going to have to bite the bullet and move onto IUI, which our insurance does not cover. (bummer!)

:babydustg:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: CD 11 -Who's fixin' to Ovulate? + HSG Experience?

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 am

Hi mermaid!
I am cd 7 today. This will be month 3 for me. I will start testing on cd 10 with my cb digitals. Last month I started on cd 14, in a newbie so didn't really know how they worked. In the end it worked out considering I didn't get my peak til cd 22 leaving me with a 35 day cycle. That's not the norm for me. So I will start testing earlier hoping for a peak around cd 14.
What are you using other than opks? Do you take any vitamins? Use preseed?
This month I will try preseed. I already take prenatal.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Mermaid good luck with the iui!!!
Lots of women got pregnant after the hsg,I had an hsg and a histerosonografie ,for the hsg they didn't had stirrups lol,I kept my feet on the table and placed my fists under my bum,the histerosonografie did the same thing but the doc used saline water and a ultrasound wand the pain I was in after the anesthesia wore off ....but my tubes were blocked so that is something,after the hsg I had slight cramps but nothing horrible
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:59 am

Danaa wrote:Mermaid good luck with the iui!!!
Lots of women got pregnant after the hsg,I had an hsg and a histerosonografie ,for the hsg they didn't had stirrups lol,I kept my feet on the table and placed my fists under my bum,the histerosonografie did the same thing but the doc used saline water and a ultrasound wand the pain I was in after the anesthesia wore off ....but my tubes were blocked so that is something,after the hsg I had slight cramps but nothing horrible

I'm attempting 3 more cycles of this home insemination with donor (MFI) before moving on to IUI.
Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced cramping after, it was so uncomfortable. While I was lying on the table they had this caribean beach scene on the ceiling for you to look at and it made me LOL (while the procedure was happening :shock: ) because I said to the dr "is that where I'm supposed to pretend I am? It's not working. HAHA! :mrgreen:

Hopinf for a BFP before having to reach deeper into my pockets for IUI at the clinic. In the meantime I'm pressing them to do all the diagnostics on me possible, since my insurance will cover that. Today I have a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Something I'm all too familiar with because of the complicated cyst history. Ugh that's a terrible way to kick off my weekend :rofl: BUT! It'll be worth it!

Fingers crossed for y'all this cycle. What's new with you Danaa?
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:00 am

MrsK32017 wrote:Hi mermaid :) I just got my positive OPK today- have you gotten a + yet?

Oh good for you! Get to business girl! hahaha :)
Nope, Not quite there yet. I typically peak sometime between CD 14-16. Today is CD 12 for me.
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 am

Skylight026 wrote:Hi mermaid!
I am cd 7 today. This will be month 3 for me. I will start testing on cd 10 with my cb digitals. Last month I started on cd 14, in a newbie so didn't really know how they worked. In the end it worked out considering I didn't get my peak til cd 22 leaving me with a 35 day cycle. That's not the norm for me. So I will start testing earlier hoping for a peak around cd 14.
What are you using other than opks? Do you take any vitamins? Use preseed?
This month I will try preseed. I already take prenatal.

Hey Skylight,
I'll keep you in my thoughts :) Hope you reach your peak a little sooner in your cycle. Over time mine has leveled out. I started with a average 30-33 day cycle and now I'm at 29, easier to keep track of for sure. I use fertilitea, royal jelly vitamin, prenatal, and preseed.
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:04 am

Oh if y'all have instagram come find my TTC acct at https://www.instagram.com/allthehope_ttc/
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 am

I think is a great idea to have diagnostic tests done if they are covered by ur insurance.
You had a better view than I did lol,God i remember how I dislike these procedures....Im so sick to drop my pants and spread my legs :)))and that was nothing compared with the birth....it was so invasive and all up in my buisness:)) God!!
Nothing new with me I'm just waiting to hav enough $$$$ to try again.
Good luck and I hope you get ur bfp!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

Danaa wrote:I think is a great idea to have diagnostic tests done if they are covered by ur insurance.
You had a better view than I did lol,God i remember how I dislike these procedures....Im so sick to drop my pants and spread my legs :)))and that was nothing compared with the birth....it was so invasive and all up in my buisness:)) God!!
Nothing new with me I'm just waiting to hav enough $$$$ to try again.
Good luck and I hope you get ur bfp!!

Girl, it's all a damn front! hahaha I truthfully hate it as much as the next girl. I'm just trying to stay optimistic here. I always feel so dang violated after, icky feeling for sure! When I switched drs recently I was whining to my husband "how many people do I have to invite to my vagina before we are successful?!?" good grief! The other day during the HSG the nurse and dr were like "do you want your husband to come in and hold your hand?" and I jokingly said "Two's a company, Three's a crowd!" :rofl: Literally, a sense of humor about all this--it's all I got!

Just keeping my fingers crossed we all get what we want.
Last night I was in the grocery store and there was a young couple, I say that as if I'm 50 years old. But still--in their mid 20s at best and they had four--FOUR children, one of which was a tiny lil baby and I almost cried at the sight of it. Ain't that a damn shame? Some of us want it so bad and others are just lucky and they don't even know it.

Oh man, I hate the waiting game. If these next 3 months aren't successful I'll be in the same boat as you--saving money in between procedures to get IUI. :cry:
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:46 am

Some people are indeed lucky and they don't even know it.
When I started my Ivf treatment my husband has been with me at every apoiment:)) he got to see one of our transfer done and be a part of every scan:))I didn't loved that but if that made him feel part of the process I accepted it.
Stupid treatments are so expensive....is crazy.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 am

So what's new with you ladies? I'm on CD 15 today still no +opk but I know it's coming either tonight or tomorrow. FX
Follow up Dr Appt on Wednesday for me as well. Wish I could've gotten in sooner to hear the results of the ultrasound.
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 am

Mermaid, I'm on cd11 and negative opks. I started my cb advanced digis yesterday. I feel like o is coming up. My cm is changing...I think. It could be from bd last night though. I can't tell the difference yet. But hoping for highs the next 2 days and maybe a peak on cd14. Fingers crossed!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 am

Just checkin' in :)

Skylight, sounds good--keep me posted :) FX for you this cycle!

Today is CD 16 and I typically get a +opk either day of or day after full moon (which was last night) and this morning no such luck yet. Apparently she's taking her time. :roll: In the meantime I'm in suspense because I have to make travel plans in order to meet with my donor so I've got him on call which is kinda funny. Thank heavens for his dedication to seeing this trough! hahaha I'm scheduled for a dr appt with my obgyn to follow up the results of the ultrasound I had on Friday and go over the HSG (though the dr that performed that procedure spoke with me about what he saw while performing it). I was certain before I'd get that +opk before my appt but now I'm wondering if I call this morning (they open in about 15 minutes) if I can get in today instead of tomorrow. It would be useful to glean any information before making my donor meet up plans. Like, if there is an issue I'd rather not spend the funds this month and just try again in September. So I'll hopefully be able to make that change to the appt, but there is the possibility that they're fully booked today. Let's hope not. I'd like to go into this cycle knowing as much as I can. I had a dream last night that I required Clomid :roll: :shock: What a silly damn dream! But it does make you wonder if maybe this delay in +opk this cycle is because I'm supposed to see the doctor before. Who knows *shrugs*

Hang in there y'all!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Mermaid, that's awesome that your donor is so willing.
Were you able to make it in to the doctors today?

Another negative opk for me this morning. I have the digital so I'm thinking of going and buying some regular ones so I can see some sort of progression. Tmi, I am feeling really wet down there so thinking o is coming up but it didn't even show a high fertility on the digital. I might just bd tonight then every other day after that to have all my bases covered.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am

I actually did get really lucky finding a donor at the KDR (known donor registry), if we didn't meet under strange circumstances lol we'd probably be friends. I only wish we lived a tad bit closer because the 3.5-4 hour drive is kinda taxing but c'set la vie. I'll take what I can get! He's a great match to my husband in a lot of ways so really I'm blessed. Every time I see him though I say "I hope this is the last time I see you!" haha Gotta have a sense of humor about all this stuff...or you'll never make it through!

In other news:
TODAY IS O DAY LADIES! So on that note- let's hope this truly is the last time I have to make this drive and see my donor again (unless in the future I want more babies, but I ain't being greedy right now I just one ONE after all this #ttcstruggle) :lol:

How's the OPKs coming along skylight?

FX for us all!
Attachments
IMG_5896.jpg
IMG_5896.jpg (108.95 KiB) Viewed 768 times
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to Ovulation