CD 11 -Who's fixin' to Ovulate? + HSG Experience?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: CD 11 -Who's fixin' to Ovulate? + HSG Experience?

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 am

Mermaid, how are you feeling today?

I'm feeling blah. Woke up this morning with a sore throat. It's only 7dpo for me.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 am

Hey skylight,

I'm doing alright. I leave this afternoon for that visit with my friend--praise jesus! I need this trip. Yesterday was a rough day at work so I was trying to not focus too much on anything I may be feeling. Meh, no signs of implantation but not everyone gets signals of that so I dunno. I've had more than one cycle where I SWORE I had implantation spotting (I dont spot) and pinchy pains and then BFN. So if you can't tell, I've been burnt too many times to read into anything anymore, lol. :) Today is 9dpo, it's the most likely day implantation would occur, and I'd likely not test positive anyways.
I'm just hanging in there until Monday I think. I did pose the question though to some TTC friends on instagram if they'd bother to pack a HPT and take one while I was away. I'm in the "drink until it's pink" side of the argument. The first 5 months of TTC I didn't drink at all except for when the witch AF showed up. And I was a grouch. I don't drink a lot anyways so why give up on the fun in life. I think taking a test and seeing a negative would just give me a reason to drink more (than I usually would) because I'd be upset about it, so it's probably best to just sit back and wait for things to unfold as they should. What's your thoughts on that?

Last night I have crazy weird dreams and woke up with a pulling sensation in my belly but I quickly :roll: and went back to bed. :rofl:

FX for us both!! :babydustg:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:54 am

Have a great trip!!! I wish I was going away to keep my mind off things. I don't get on vacation for another month.

Haha, drink til its pink! That made me lmao. I don't drink at all but I say drink. It's up to you though. Are you gonna feel guilty if you end up with a bfp or are you gonna regret not doing it if af shows? I don't see how drinking can have an affect so early on. There are others that do far worse and somehow everything turns out ok for them.

Me on the other hand I can't even take medicine right now because I feel like that would have an affect on me. But like you it's early on in my ttc journey so I think right now I'm just being cautious.

Enjoy your vacation!!!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 am

Mermaid, how was your trip? Hope it was relaxing and kept your mind off things

I'm 10dpo and got a bfn on first signal Walmart brand. Do you think I still have hope? Other than having a cold and getting sore boobs here and there, which I get before o and af, I'm not feeling anything that keeps me hopeful for this cycle.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

Hey skylight, sorry you have a little cold! Girl this is exactly why I don't bother with the poas earlier than day of af. It robs you of all the hope in your cycle but don't worry hang in there --You ain't out until the witch shows up! 10 dpo is too early implantation doesn't usually occur on average until 9 dpo anyways. So hang in there. I'd wait until at least 12 dpo before testing again. :)
That being said today is 12 dpo for me, AF due on Wednesday. I've had some crazy dreams but that could be from not being in my own bed, so who knows. Tender breasts today that's a symptom that isn't always consistent in my cycle so I dunno if it's a good sign or not. I've had no symptoms of either AF or pregnancy otherwise so I'm just gonna be patient and keep holding out hope over here. I did pack one IC test but I've held out this long I might as well keep holding out. What ya think? I lave today back home to FL--excited to see my husband and fur babies. I have been crossing my fingers really tight over here and staying positive.
Hang in there girl! Thanks for checking in!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

I was hoping this cold was related. Especially since I haven't taken any medicine for it just in case. I know it's too wale it just sucks because now I have no hope.

You are so strong willed. You haven't even tested. Did you stay in Tennessee to watch the eclipse? I live in Florida as well. Huh small world. Hmm you don't want to ask me if you should test... I would say go for it lol. But like you said it could be a let down. Hopefully not!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Oh shoot! Really?! I'm in St Augustine :) I was actually in the air during the eclipse so I missed t but whatever I'll just watch it safely via recap on NASA website lol.
I may give in to the temptation to test now that I'm back home tonight but we'll see how long I last. I'm sorry you're in the lost hope boat but remember it takes perfectly healthy couples 6 months to a year to conceive so your may be one of the lucky ones that gets that bfp sooner but don't ever lose hope entirely it'll all be worth the wait in the long run! Eye on the prize as I always say --hang in there!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Wow! I live in the Tampa area. I love st Augustine. I've only been once but planning on taking my parents next month.
You're right! It's only been 3 cycles. I'm being selfish. I don't have to drive anywhere like you do.

I started having af cramps. It always happens that way. I test and bam!!! There's af.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 am

Oh, that's cool my brother lives down in the Clearwater area--small world, eh? When y'all are gonna head this way be sure to hit me up for a list of my favorite things to do 'round town. I'm an airbnb host so I have a list already compiled that I give to my guests anyway so it's no bother at all! :)

Oh girl, don't give yourself too much grief. You are not being selfish at all. I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't the SAME EXACT WAY when I started this journey almost a year ago. I really naively though I'd get a BFP in the first month...then the second month...then the third month. It wasn't until about cycle 5 that I started to come to peace with the fact that this journey may take longer than I wanted but you know what, that's okay. It'll all be worth it when we get there. But you'll find that in your own journey somewhere along the lines, I know I couldn't bear to hear other people tell me "it will happen when it's supposed to" I'd be so mad. haha

Today is CD 30 and 13 DPO. My cycle is usually anywhere between 28-31 days (average is 30) so we'll see what's going to happen.
I've somehow resisted the urge to POAS last night, I didn't want to upset myself. Why bother. So we'll see what becomes of it.

Last night though my dog was super insistent on laying ON TOP of my lap (she's a 50 lb dog, so not a lap dog) this is very strange behavior for her. I've never seen her do that. And this is not the first time I've been away for a few days (I've been away for much longer trips and she's never been so clingy) so I was like hmmmm is this a sign? Does she know something I dont? haha Ain't no telling!

I dunno if you use instagram but you should come find me on there I have a TTC acount Username: allthehope_ttc
I'd also recommend that as a great outlet to meeting other girls in the ttc community, there is a lot of support out there. It's really made a difference in my ability to cope with the struggles.

Talk soon :) Happy Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed---you aint out until the witch shows!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 am

Hmmm I was looking at airbnb for a place. We are planning the weekend of the 23rd. It's my 2 sisters and my dads bday all within 10 days so we decided we should just go somewhere for the weekend.

You always know what to say. I appreciate you so much! I'm gonna try holding off on testing. You are so close to the end of your wait. I hope it happens for you.

I've always thought dogs and kids always know things before us so I would take that as a sign as well.

I don't have an instagram but maybe I'll get one just for that. I'm off today so all I'm gonna be thinking about is that test lol. And symptom spotting. I made a big mistake last night and looked at my test. Of course there's an Evap line. I've never gotten one even with that brand. Why do I torture myself? Ugh lol
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 am

Girl, it's totally normal! haha We've all tortured ourselves, we just cannot help it! :)
Don't even worry about it!

Yeah, I didn't have one either but a girlfriend of mine who was TTC for THREE YEARS! (but is finally more than half way done with her pregnancy) suggested it to me when I first started and I didn't listen to her and only about a month and a half ago I was like ok ok ok I'll try and it's been a real blessing. So many girls there are sharing the struggle. I know often times we stew in silence so it's nice to have an outlet for the whining/bitching/moaning lol

I'll keep you posted on what ends up happening.

I'm so nervous!

STAY AWAY FROM THE TESTS! hahaha I know it's hard. Find something good and distracting to do FOR YOURSELF today ;)
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:59 am

:D
Attachments
youreallowed.jpg
youreallowed.jpg (24.61 KiB) Viewed 322 times
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 am

Mermaid, any news? How are you feeling? When is af officially late for you and when will you test?

I've resisted the urge to test even though last night my nipples were super itchy then turned into a burning sensation. This only lasted for about 30 mins though so I don't know what was up with that. I'm still thinking af will be here Friday. But trust me I won't give up!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:43 am

Good for you for not giving into temptation! Girl! I know it's hard!! :) Who knew we'd get so excited about nipple pains?! LOL TTC is a blast! :rofl:

So today is CD 31, 14 DPO. I've finally made it! AF is due today. So far nothing and I haven't poas yet because I'm so nervous that as soon as I do she'll show up. Sigh. I'm gonna see if I can make it through today without her showing up and then maybe tonight I'll test? I keep feeling like I'm wet (like AF started) and rush to the bathroom to find, no--nothing. Whew. Keeping my fingers crossed. AHHHHHHHHH. Typically my cycle is 28-31 days long, so my average is 30 days. But the last two months it's been 28 or 29 so in some ways I've already gone past what I expected when AF would show but based on my average today is the day.
This is so nerve wrecking. I cannot believe I made it the whole 14 days without testing, this is a first. I usually cave by 12 dpo. :shh:

hang in there! :) FX
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:03 am

Yes it is very exciting to get nippke pain lol. I was so frustrated because I couldn't get the itch out but then after I wanted it back lol hoping it was a symptom.

Ahhh! I'm so excited for you to test. Have you gotten your usual af cramps or do you not feel anything before af? I usually start cramping 4 days before af which I did get this month. But still holding on to some hope. Maybe implantation happened after.
How are you gonna tell hubby if you get a positive?
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation