Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 am

Hey ladies, im a newb here and a little confused. Can someone explain the difference between whats considered low, high, and peak opks?? I have googled like a mad woman and cannot seem to find an official answer on this. I know a positive or peak should be as dark as or darker than the control line...but whats low?? This was my opk from tonight (CD7) as an example...would this be considered low??
Thanks!
Attachments
Possible low opk.jpg
Possible low opk.jpg (41.73 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 am

That helps SO much! Thank you! You'd think google would have easily told me that but I came up with nothing lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm

It's all so confusing! We haven't officially started TTC but we're NTNP for now. I've been tracking since I had my mirena removed to try to figure all this out lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm catching on to that lol it's like a whole new world to me...we conceived my son five years ago while using birth control. I'm so out of practice trying to pay attention to cycles after not having one with the mirena for free vevtears lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 pm

LOL! I hope you didnt jinx it and get your BFP soon!

Not super positive when we'll officially try. I mean...im basically trying just without hubby knowing lol Not that im hiding it, but he and I kind of both agreed it might be too much pressure to be super vigilant one week of the month. So he knows im paying attention to things, he just doesnt know when lol I need his swimmers, so I cant be having him crack under pressure ;) I reallllllly hope it doesnt take long for us though! Im a SAHM with my son who starts kinder in two weeks...im already a wreck and he hasnt even started yet lol I need another baby asap before i go full on crazy LMAO
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

He's so excited! He can't wait and I think I could wait forever lol that's awesome you can check in on your little guy when ever you want though! That must be so comforting! Fingers crossed for both of us!

Are you hoping for a girl this time?? Hubby and I only plan to have one more so I neeeeeed my girl! If I get another boy, I'll have to to some serious convincing him to try for a third lol I'm even dabbling a bit in gender swaying...I know it sounds crazy but I figure I may as well try lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby friedwaffle7 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi! I'm cd 9 today too and impatiently waiting to o as well! Started ttc for #3 this cycle! I had the nexplanon implant for nearly 2 years, since my daughter was born, but we decided were ready for another baby! Ds will be 4 in october and dd just turned 2 in may.
friedwaffle7

Postby friedwaffle7 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 pm

I didn't chart at all for #1, #2 i charted and typically had 28 or 29 day cycles so I'd o right at cd 14 or 15 and got bfp at cd 23, we were ttc for 6 months.
friedwaffle7

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:39 pm

MrsK thats too funny that he thinks a girl will be annoying lol My son actually asked for a baby sister! He has no idea we're planning another, but hes always asking for a sibling.

Right now for swaying, Ive been eating a heavily acidic diet because supposedly the boy sperm die off more quickly because theyre the weaker ones. So the idea is if you eat heavily acidic, your diet causes your pH to drop and the boys dont survive. There is also talk of using repHresh to change your pH too...I just got that and pH testing strips to make sure im actually lowering my pH with all this mumbo jumbo lol The timing thing youre talking about is the shettles method and thats part of the girl swaying too. The theory with that is if you DTD 3-4 days before O, the boy sperms will die off before O happens but the girls are stronger so have a better chance of surviving. Im taking some supplements too.

I STILL havent gotten my positive OPK! The one i posted in this photo was much darker than any others I have gotten in the days prior or since...not sure what thats about. I was having a little cramping so I thought maybe I was Oing earlier this month. I had a positive OPK on days 14 and 15 last month which was my first month using the OPK. Today was CD10 (technically CD11 now since its 1230am lol) so im one day ahead of you.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Hey Fried! Im hoping you get your O sooner than later and a BFP soon too!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 am

I did a LOT of reading various studies and experiments. One site I've found super helpful for gender swaying has a supplement regimen and "cookbook" you can buy but I'm not going to that extent. They did the stats for the paid subscriptions and it was like 82% success rate for swaying! I found some pdfs of the supplements and food list (not the recipes though) so hopefully it will be enough! My hubby thinks I'm nuts and is a very black and white thinker..."there's a 50/50 chance" lol so he's not on board at all to do anything weird so it's all on me. People get REALLY crazy about it though! Test tubes, adding lime juice to his sample and inserting it via syringe, putting egg whites on top of the sample to get the boy sperm to "swim up" then throw them away, etc I can't get involved with all that but I don't mind eating a different diet for a while lol

Super early this morning I did another opk like 4am (couldn't sleep) and it was darker again! So I think I must be on track after all. We DTD last night and if it gets darker again later tonight probably again tonight and maybe tomorrow too lol then it's cutoff time!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Omg my hubby would have his mind blown too if he knew the things we do or read up on! It must be nice to be the guy...basically just rely on the woman to figure it all out lol I briefly told him about some of the acronyms and he was speechless! He just can't wrap his mind around any of it lol

I tested my pH last night and again today and it was pretty acidic, so that's a good thing! I'm shooting for 4-4.5 and I was 5-6 so hopefully it actually works lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:15 am

Still no positive! It's stayed pretty consistent in color the past 24 hours or so...ugh! We DTD tonight just in case lol do you find your CM to be a reliable thing?? Mine seems to be unreliable, but we are pretty sexually active so that might be why. I've heard/read that CM gets that egg white consistency when you're turned on too, not just during O...so maybe that's why it's hard for me to judge by??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Somehow my other account got deactivated :/ it looks like all my old posts got deleted too- weird! Anywho, I don't have a positive yet either- I was still "low" on the digital OPk this morning - so that's a bummer, I was hoping the clomid would make me O much earlier than normal, but I am only CD12 so I guess I just need to relax haha

I don't find CM to be hugely helpful for me either- last cycle I had like 10 days of watery CM before I got a positive OPk and I rarely get EWCM. I also don't find CP to be that helpful- mine always seems high. I pretty much rely on the opks to clue me in. I wish it was easier lol
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:03 pm

You're probably just getting used to the meds! I'm sure it will do its thing after a cycle or so! I have found that my best OPK results are late in the evening...are you testing early in the day?? I've read LH is released in the morning so it's not as detectable until later in the day. In my case, that's the case!

Do you temp?? My best friend told me that was the most accurate indicator of O for her but you have to do it same time every day. Unfortunately I have a crazy sleep schedule so it would never work out for me if I had to do it at the same time every day.

Still not positive for me but VERY close. I bet it will be positive late tonight or tomorrow morning!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to Ovulation