Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:20 am

So I spoke to soon it looks like! I got a "high" reading this morning on the digital (that indicates an estrogen rise and would be followed by "peak" which is the LH rise in a few days). The digitalis are designed to be taken with FMU for whatever reason. I do take the cheapie ones in the afternoon also- usually my darkest OPK is around 4pm :)

I do temp (I started a few cycles ago) - my husband gets up every morning to go to the gym at 5 so I just do it then and then I go back to sleep for a few hours haha. It has been helpful to me as I can definitely see when I O and I can also tell if AF is coming (my temp always plummets the day AF starts). The only thing about tenping is that it can only tell you that O already happened - so it's not something you could really use to tell it was about to occur if that makes sense.

Fingers crossed you get your positive today!! And hopefully you times the bd'ing for a pink outcome ;)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:10 pm

I got my positive! Woohoo! And we "accidentally" DTD lol hubby knew he was supposed to contain himself but failed miserably. Fingers crossed we didn't make a boy tonight lol either way I think our chances this month are pretty good according to one of my apps!
Attachments
IMG_8245.PNG
(85.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

And hooray you got a positive reading! That's amazing news! Sending TONS of baby dust your way!!!!!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am

Haha :) well hopefully some of those girl swimmers were already ready and waiting! How will you confirm O if you don't temp? Do you get O pains or anything ? Or do you just guesstimate O day based off the positive OPK? Regardless, i hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly for you! (Because we both know that they can take forever!)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 am

I do get pains sometimes but I just kind of guesstimate too. I do my OPK for a couple days after I get my positive to see the levels go down too. Today it's still very positive so hopefully I'm Oing a little later than I thought and last night didn't mess anything up lol last month it was positive for less than 24 hours. And omg yes! Fingers crossed for you a quick two weeks!! For you too!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:39 am

I gotcha- hopefully you are right about your timing!! Have you checked your pH again recently ? Is there a kit or something that you do that with?

I still have a high reading on the digital which means not Lh surge yet. Last cycle I had 3 high readings and the. Peak on day 4. This morning was my 3rd high reading so I am hopeful tomorrow I get my peak. The past few cycles i have o'd the day after my peak so that would put me at o'ing on Thursday (cd17). Of course hubby is going out of town Thursday night (he will be back Friday) but I already told him we either need to wake up early or he needs to stop home before he leave Thursday afternoon to squeeze it in lol- not messing around!

Was your OPk any less positive today?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Omg yes! For sure make him come home before he leaves lol

Still pretty positive as of 3pm (40 minutes ago)! This is so long to keep getting positives...is that weird?? I'm still so new to this that I really have no idea lol

I have little paper strips for testing pH that I test both my pee and my CM. My pee is always around 5-6 and my CM is usually 4-5.5. I should test that again and see where I'm at today...I've got the cold from hell so I've been barely eating so I'm sure my pH is crazy right now.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Haha- he already knows he is "on deck"

How many days have you gotten positives now? 3? I feel like I have read that some women get like 2 days of positives ? Are you 100% the first day was positive? Could it just have been really close?

I am so curious about this whole oH thing lol. I am happy either way so I probably would n't do anything to alter mine but now I am intrigued as to what it is! I will have to see if I can find the strips....are they something you can get anywhere?

i am hoping tomorrow I get my positive if only because I am going on day 4 of stomach cramps and they are getting old lol.
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Yup this is the third day I've gotten positives! They were either same color or darker than the control.

The pH strips I got on Amazon. I got like 200 for $5 lol I'm sure you can get them at any drugstore, I just don't know how expensive they'd be. I'm very curious how this all plays out too! Hopefully I get the right results lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 am

I will have to check into the pH strips- and I am a bit baffled by 3 days of positives ?! Maybe an extra long surge indicates a strong O?

I could cry over here, my digital is still reading "high" which means no LH surge yet :/ ugh- not the way I wanted to start my morning. In my research on clomid some women have reporters we getting like 10 high readings but never actually getting a peak or o'ing. I am praying that is not what will happen. I do O, just later in my cycle and I was SO hopeful when I started getting high readings at cd13...it's now cd16 and still no oh surge. Everything I read states that if you take clomid cd 3-7 ( which I did) it should make you O cd 12-16. Well here we are cd16, and definitely no O :( so if I were to Onafter this I don't think it's as a result of clomid. The thing that sucks is that I can tell my body is trying to do something - the stomach cramps are a give away, I get them each cycle at O time. And I still have them. Wah, sorry just needed to complain and be miserable for a minute.

I hope your day is going better than mine haha. Still getting positives today? Or finally starting to lighten up?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:12 am

Well unfortunately not much better than yours lol I did some googling and found that some people get several days of positive OPKs when theyre pregnant. I used a one of my cheap tests and there was the FAINTEST positive. I couldnt believe my eyes and had a friend confirm she saw it too (so I knew I wasnt crazy). I tested again twice throughout last night and negative. Waited for FMU and still negative. *insert sad face here* I was in disbelief but so excited. Sure enough I did an OPK and its slowly fading. It had to have been a faulty HPT or something, I guess. It wouldnt be able to detect anything from this cycle yet, so it would have been from last cycle. And if it were positive from last cycle, it would have been clearly positive, not just kind of positive. UGH!

So yea no worries on the complaining, im right there with you lol Somebody call the wahhhhhhh-mbulance!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Oh no! I saw your post on the POAS board and I could see how you were mislead! And totally understandable, I think anytime you see even a hint of something on an HPT all rational thought goes out the window and you just get insanely excited (well, I would anyways haha). On a positive at least your OPKs are finally getting lighter so you likely definitely o'd!

My cheapies are no darker today then they have been, so I do not expect my peak tomorrow either. I was researching today and it appears that sometimes clomid makes people O later than they do without it! I am praying that is not the case because I already O late as it is. I keep thinking that something has to happen soon though! My cramps have been consistent and they are always like this prior to O. Also my CP is super high (like almost can't reach), soft, and totally open. So I am not sure what the lack of LH surge is about. I guess all we can do is keep bd'ing why I have EWCM and just kind of hope for the best. My cd21 blood work will be done on Tuesday so that will determine what happens a with clomid next month.
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Oh I totally had lost all rationality when I saw it lol

Probably a stupid question, but since Ive been right on schedule I really dont know...whats the deal with having a late O?? Obviously im sure it matters, but what difference does it make if you ovulate late as long as youre ovulating?? Forgive the ignorance here lol I kind of thought things like clomid were for people who werent ovulating at all!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:39 am

Crisis averted! I got my "peak" reading this morning which means I *should* O tomorrow (cd18)- still kind of late but better than cd24 which is what it was last cycle ! In regards to a late O, I think the issue is with a couple of things- if you are o'ing late I think it indicates your hormones are a little wacky, and I have read some that Says the later you O the less quality your egg is. Clomid is given to people who don't O at all but also those that O late to help bring O earlier- except sometimes it backfires. So fingers crossed I get definitely O tomorrow and I can happily be on my way to the TWW!

How is everything with you today?! What dpo would you put yourself at? Have the opks gone totally negative ? (Sorry for the rapid fire questions lol)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:25 am

Ohhhh ok that makes sense about it being a lesser quality egg! I get it now, thanks! Thats awesome you finally got your peak! It might take a bit to get to "normal" but it seems like youre going in the right direction, so thats awesome :)

Im thinking im 1DPO because im pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. I wish there was a better way of knowing! I have really bad insomnia, so I dont really sleep for more than two hours at a time without waking/getting up/tossing and turning so I highly doubt temping would be accurate. Plus I never wake up at the same time. So annoying!

My OPK today still isnt totally negative...its actually about the same as yesterday.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation