Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Yesterday was at noon. Today at 7. I drank a whole water bottle right before during dinner but didn't think that would affect it right away. Oh well. We did bd tonight and I told db I was close to o. It didn't freak him out so that's good news.

Are you still having twinges? When are you planning on testing?
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Try noon-2ish tomorrow. I think I read LH surges are best detected between those times, although im not sure how your body knows how to tell time...I would think it varied person to person lol Thats great news that it didnt freak him out! Next you should tell him you have to check your cm for the day and see what he says to that! LMAO Kidding! I tell my hubby things like that but I have no filter and dont really care if it freaks him out, hes stuck with me haha

Still having twinges only on the right side which is the side i ovulated from. Not sure if that has any sort of meaning. Im also having sharp pains in my right boob, also no idea if theres a coincidence there. Started having tons of lower back aches after dinner too, like before AF but more intense. I'll probably try to hold out until 8dpo but should wait until at least 10dpo to test. I guess it all depends on if I get any severe symptoms. Last month with the chemical, I was having nausea at 3-4dpo i think so we'll see!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Omg I almost forgot! Im having horrific heartburn! I have chronic heartburn that I take meds for on a daily basis, so I usually keep it maintained unless I have a flare up from eating something funky like spicy food. The past two days my heartburn has been out of control! The only thing out of the usual ive done diet wise has been the pineapple, but pineapple isnt usually a trigger for my heartburn...soooooo I dont know lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:49 am

Hmm that sounds promising to me. I know they say it's too early but I think your body should start doing things. If the egg and sperm meet that's something out of the ordinary for your body so I think it's possible. I hope that's the case for you. I've never been pregnant so I'm not sure what I would/should feel.
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:52 am

Oh and I have tried explaining cm to him. Before I started opks he asked how I know I'm close to o. My way of explaining was " I get stuff" of course he was confused so he asked what kind of stuff. I couldn't explain it to him lol.
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 am

If it werent for the symptoms I felt so early last time, I would be totally doubting it all. I definitely wasnt imagining it last cycle and it was super early so I think some people just feel stuff earlier than others.

As for how you would or should feel, it varies but the biggest thing for me was nausea and just feeling "off". I didnt feel myself for a couple weeks before it dawned on me that I was pregnant with my son. We were actively trying NOT to get pregnant so it never really occurred to me thats what it could be. He was one step away from an immaculate conception lol I was on the pill AND we used condoms! He was definitely meant to be haha
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:31 am

Wow that's crazy you got pregnant.

Ok here is my 215 opk. I held it since 7am. You think tomorrow is o day?
Attachments
IMG_2063.JPG
(97.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:48 am

I didn't mean o day. You think I'm close to my positive?
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:41 pm

That looks close to positive Isabel! I get you get a positive tomorrow!

Lynsey- I think it IS possible to get early symptoms- some people just "know". I think it all depends how in tune with your body you are!

I haven't been super active on this post but I am
Enjoying keeping up with you ladies! I have my fingers crossed for both of you! I am just over on my end craving carbs and chocolate chip cookies today :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Yea I agree, I think tomorrow will be positive and so Thursday is probably O day.

So today so far im feeling pretty ok. Had some weird flutters in my belly this morning before getting up which was super odd. I keep having this pulling/twingey pain if I cough or sneeze, it reminds me of round ligament pains. Heartburn has subsided thankfully! I think the fact that I have no nausea isnt very promising. I know that sounds silly to be disappointed that im not nauseous lol

Ive been thinking of you Kat! Hope some of your morning sickness has subsided and youre getting some energy back!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Mmm chocolate chip cookies. I crave those all the time and I'm not even pregnant lol. I hope you are feeling better Kat and hopefully it gets better soon.

Lynsey I would take nausea any day as long as there was a little bean inside of me. I honestly get really happy when I feel nauseous lol.

I was hoping o would be tomorrow since I won't be able to bd. I might not bd today either. Db is not feeling well and my stomach is cramping from working out and maybe too much bd lol. I hope I still have a chance. My opks are darker when I don't drink anything but I can't go all day without drinking. So here's my 730 one. It's still pretty dark considering I drank a couple bottles of water.
Attachments
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG (67.52 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:48 pm

I would be so happy if I were nauseous! I spoke too soon on the heartburn subsiding...since like 5pm my esophagus has been on fire. My gag reflex is pretty bad right now too. All this symptom analysis is enough to make a person go crazy lol

If thats how dark it is after a lot of water, I would do a cheapie with FMU and see what thats like. Can you try to make it happen tomorrow?? Tell him its go time and you'll make it up to him somehow lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Omg heartburn and gag reflex...that stinks. I hope it's some sort of sign for you.

I start work at noon so I'm going to hold off on testing til 1030 when I start getting ready for work or 1130 when I'm about to leave for work. When does your body release lh? I'm going to try my best to get him to bd but it's getting late already so I might not succeed. my boobs are finally hurting so that's a good sign that o is closer.
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 pm

If I can't bd today or tomorrow hopefully Thursday won't be too late. You still have about 12 hours after o to conceive?
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Yea they arent fun! TMI sorry, but hubby got home from work before my son got home from school and he wanted some...how can I put this nicely?? "Just for him lovin" lmao I almost puked my gagging was so bad, which isnt usually a problem.

Im pretty sure i read somewhere LH is released in the AM and its best detected between 12-2. So if you can hold it long enough wait until the last minute before you leave.

Pretty sure you have at least 12 hours after O! Does he go to bed before you when you work late, and thats why tomorrow probably wont work?? Omg I'd be waking my hubby up! I wake him up almost every time any way as it is haha I go to bed much later than him so when its baby making time, I wake his butt up. He doesnt have a choice! He kept referring to himself as a "stud pig" the last couple times lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation