Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm

I was SO relieved to see that peak this morning. Of course we didn't BD last night (I am a teacher and it was my first day back to work- up at 5, worked from 7:50-6:30- I was dead when I got home), BUT as soon as I saw that peak this am, I woke hubby up and we got right on down to business- he is out of town until tomorrow, but we will BD tomorrow and Saturday also, then it's time for a little break lol

Even if you have trouble sleeping, I might try temping. I only suggest it because of you consistently have trouble sleeping your temperatures should still be pretty consistent I would think? Whereas if you normally sleep well then have a night here or there that you slept poorly, I think you would notice more of a difference then if that makes any sense? If you try it you may still be able to notice a pattern .

Even if it's not totally negative today as long as it's starting to head in the negative direction it's probably safe to assume you o'd, so yay for the TWW :) I hope to join you there in a day or so haha. I am almost wondering if my surge started over night last night because the OPk I took at 3pm was not any darker than the one I took at 8am, so I wonder if I caught the tail end of it. Regardless , I am just happy it finally happened lol
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm

You go girl! Get it on and then get some rest lol

I'll look into the temping...what about the not waking at the same time?? Would I just do it when I wake up??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:04 pm

For the temping as long as you are doing it at roughly the same time each morning you should be fine- so if you always wake up between like 2:30 and 3 to pee or something, I would do it then and just go back to bed. I usually temp around 5 then go back to sleep for a bit. Not sure if that is helpful or not!

My opks are still pretty dark today and I have not seen my temp jump yet, so fingers crossed I get my temp jump tomorrow! I am so ready to be in the tww!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Fingers crossed for you! According to my apps, my period should be here around the 9th-11th or so...or hopefully not at all lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:09 am

Officially 1dpo (finally)! If my 10 day LP holds true (I hope not) I would also be due around 9/11. Fingers crossed for both of us!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:58 am

Haha we're all synced up!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:48 pm

It would appear, hopefully it's our month ;) keep me posted on your symptoms in the TWW.
Right now I just have suppppper sore nipples (which is typical for me post O). Clearly 1 dpo is way to early for anything haha, so I will have a few (long) days of waiting for something to happen .
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:36 am

It would be way too early for me too but I'm SO nauseous! For two days now it's been off and on pretty much all day. My brain is playing tricks on me lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:51 am

How many dpo do you think you are? Maybe the nausea is a really early sign! Did you get nausea in early pregnancy with your first?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:29 pm

6dpo I think?? I did get nausea with my son but I don't know how early on. I remember feeling off for a couple weeks but we were using protection so it didn't occur to me that I was pregnant. I ended up having an extreme aversion to alcohol...my hubby is a big beer drinker and just smelling it across the room made me queasy. Between the alcohol aversion and then my boobs got sore, it finally dawned on me lol I think I was 4 weeks pregnant when I tested. I've been testing daily for a few days now and nothing though. It feels like morning sickness but that also could just be my mind playing tricks on me and wishful thinking lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Oh and my cat is being crazy clingy to me today! I've been kind of lazy since I feel so crappy and he won't leave my side. He's a pretty active cat so that's not like him.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:19 pm

It's so funny you said you didn't even know at first you were preggers with your son- I had basically the same thing happen to me- I had somewhat irregular periods when I got pregnant with him and I was just clueless- until I went to a wedding- and 4 days later I still felt awful and it made me think something was up ha!

They do say that sometimes animals can have like a sixth sense about pregnancy! So maybe your cat is trying to clue you in :) any new symptoms today?

I just hope the rest of my tww goes by as fast as today- it was my first day back to work and it flew right by lol. No new symptoms to report with me- just crazy sensitive nips :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Yup hubby and I had JUST moved in together after 8 years of dating, then like 4 months later I was pregnant! I always joke that I had to get knocked up to get a ring out of him lmao We ended up having a shotgun wedding two months after we found out, mostly because it was just so much easier lol

I wouldnt be shocked if my cat knew! He was that way when I was pregnant with my son too so its yet another thing to add to the list of "what ifs"! No new symptoms...still super off and not myself. Not as nauseous as I was sunday, thankfully. That was horrible. I felt awful all day and ended up puking late that night. Oddly enough, I puked at 11pm, which was when I would ALWAYS get sick with my son...another coincidence?! LOL!

Glad your first day back went quick! Today was our first day of kindergarten and there were A LOT of tears...from me lol My son, Nate, had a great day!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Oh! And Im getting sharp pains in my ovaryish area when I cough or sneeze! Kind of reminds me of round ligament pain but in a smaller more concentrated area...does that make sense?? I just posted in the pregnancy symptoms forum...we'll see what anyone says lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Those all sound really promising! Unfortunately I am 99.9% sure I am out this month. My day 21 blood work came in and my progesterone was only a 5.4 which is really low. So they are upping my clomid to 100mg next month. To say I am gutted is an understatement :/

Hope your day is going better than mine!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation