Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Isabel- I hope you were successful convincing Josh:)

Lynsey- if you can believe I actually was a blonde for YEARS (first naturally, then with help lol- hair has darkened up as I have gotten older). Funny how you get a picture of someone in your mind sometimes and the real deal is totally different!

In terms of telling our families- I had bought some onesies (one that says: what happens at mama's stays at mama's and the other one same idea but with Nana) and we each have a bday coming up so we were thinking that at one of our bday get together we would have those wrapped as a gift . I also made up a cute card of the two of us where I am holding an apple and it says "adding an apple to our family tree". So I have the "what" now I have to figure out the "how" of our announcement lol. We won't do anything on social media for awhile though :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Kat do you mind me asking how old you are?? You and Tom have such baby faces! I thought you said he has older kids but he looks so young lol Im pretty sure Ive mentioned it, but im 30 for the record. (But if anyone asks, I say im 25 lmao)

Those are cute ideas to announce! Not that you asked, but if it were me, Id do the onesies for your family when you see them. Then make the apple your social media announcement! So cute!

My idea for telling Patrick is cheesy but we're goofy so it works. I'm going to write out a card to "Dad" with the little 2 for "squared". Then have it say "s**t happens when you part naked. We've got a bun in our oven! Thanks for knocking me up!" I'll have a cinnamon bun and the positive test in there too. Im just going to tell him something funky is happening with the oven and can he come take a look lol Hopefully I can pull it off! For our social media I saw one on pinterest I really like a lot. I'll see if I can get a photo and post it here...
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Here's my idea. I thought it was really fitting since im a baker lol
Attachments
pattycakeannouncement.jpg
pattycakeannouncement.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 266 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Those are all really cute ideas. I have no idea what I would do. I've looked at a couple things on Pinterest but it all depends on what month I get pregnant. If it's this month I want to do something with a pumpkin for josh and then Christina's theme for my family. That's my goal.

Ahh! I'm so mad. Just an FYI some of this will be tmi.
I got off work an hour early. Get home take a shower and josh is partially awake. He pulls his boxers down so I'm thinking 'this is it' and I dont even have to try then he says scratch my butt...but wait there's more. His boxers are already down so I start messing with him and I can tell he's ok with that and that he's into it. So as soon as I start giving him some lovin I know it's a done deal. So just like the gentleman he is he always lets me finish first so now it's his turn. Now I'm thinking 'ok this is definitely it' then he stops and says he can't finish. He's been having stomach issues lately and wasn't able to finish because of it. When that happens I can usually lay next to him for 15 mins til it passes then we can start again but not this time. I can't even be mad because he tried. Now he's next to me sleeping like a baby. The only thing is that I feel really wet down there, it kinda feels like his stuff but I could be getting it confused with mine. Maybe just maybe he got his a little. I'm hoping and if not there's always tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too late.

I also tested when I got home and the test line was darker for the first time. This was at 1115.
Attachments
IMG_2074.JPG
(110.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Omg im dying at the "scratch my butt" lmao Totally something Patrick would say!

Im so disappointed for you! Ive been thinking of you all night wondering if you were able to get it done. Of course you cant be mad because he really did try, but man that sucks. A similar thing happened our first time actually *trying*, I think Patrick just choked because he got nervous or something. If you do it tomorrow, its certainly not going to hurt anything and you might just catch it in time! Maybe try doing it as early as possible?? Like the moment youre both home from work lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:04 am

Lynsey- I was actually thinking along those same lines for our announcements. :) I LOVE your baking idea! How stinking cute is that! Seriously, isn't Pinterest the best lol.

I am actually older than tom by 11 months- he will be 33 next week and I will be 34 in November . :) 33 didn't bother me, but suddenly 34 sounds so "old!"

Isabel- oh no! That is pretty funny though!! I think if you guys can DTD this morning you should be ok! Keep us posted ;)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:35 am

Unfortunately the earliest we can bd would be around 6pm. I'm getting crampy on my left side so wondering if that's o. Hopefully today will be good enough and we also bd on Monday night so 3-4ish days. I know there's still a chance. I wasn't gonna use the progesterone cream if I didn't have to especially since I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday but since there is some sort of chance I guess I'll use it. And like I said there might have been a little bit in there especially since when I woke up this morning *tmi* Something was leaking out. I don't think that happens with my stuff. Maybe it's his stuff from 3 days ago?
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 am

Pinterest really is the best thing ever! Im addicted! You and Tom really both look much younger, so whatever youre doing, keep it up lol

Isabel get straight to business at 6 then! You never know! I doubt it could have been from when you guys DTD the other day, but Ive never had my own CM leak out so maybe it was some of his??

Since we're sort of on the topic...do you ladies elevate your hips after?? I do. And I always try to wait as long as my bladder will let me to pee. I dont want to "lose the babies" as my best friend puts it lol but DTD always makes me have to pee even if I go right before. I can usually only wait at most 2 hours.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:17 am

Yes Kat you and tom do look much younger. I hope I'm that lucky.

Lynsey I always elevate my hips for about 30mins then I go wipe up a little then go to bed. Idk if it helps but I feel like I'm helping his swimmers get to where they need to be. Then the next day I have to wear a panty liner.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm

I am definitely feeling o cramps right now. I've felt them all day but now it's stronger. My stomach feel really hard. I'm definitely ovulating on the left this cycle.

I'm just waiting for josh to get home so we can have a pants off dance off! :)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Lollllllll at "pants off dance off"! Happy humping ;)
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 pm

6dpo update. Still crampy, lower back is killing me, veryyyyyy tired. I burst into tears when Nate came home from school and blew my mind reading words to me. They were tiny little two and three letter words, but I was NOT prepared for my baby to read to me lol I cleaned the toilet thoroughly yesterday and today it WREAKED of pee to me. Like as if it hadn't been cleaned in months. Still absolutely no nausea which is still weird to me. So I have some signs going on, but i dont feel terribly optimistic.

Howd it go Isabel?? Great Success??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:24 am

No success :(
We went out to dinner, had a little argument after, so I wasn't in the bd mood and neither was he. So hopefully that 1 day did it and maybe with a girl since it was 3 days before o.

I think today is 1dpo. Not too sure, there was still ewcm when I checked this morning.

I wouldn't worry too much about the nausea. I think you said you had it last month with the chemical? But every pregnancy is different. Implantation wouldn't have happened yet so I would keep an eye on it the next couple days. :)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 am

Lynsey- I never elevated hips, but always stayed laying down afterwards- as gross as this probably is, I would often fall asleep afterwards so I wouldn't really "clean up" until the following morning. It sounds like you have some good symptoms going on! Especially the strong smells- I remember walking downstairs one day before my Bfp and my husband was eating Cheerios and I could literally smell it two rooms away.

Isabel- as long as you still have fertile CM you should consider yourself fertile! I don't think you get EWCM after you O, so maybe you have not o'd get? Even if you did- it will not hurt to BD today! I am sorry you guys got into an argument- hopefully everything is going better today :)

This lingering all day nausea and mild headache is making me feel SO yucky :/ I hope in the coming weeks this eases up a little bit. Getting excited for the u/s on Wednesday!! Please keep us in your thoughts (I know it's like 5 days away and those 5 days are going to drag lol)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

Oh no Isabel! Try tonight just in case!

Ive had three pregnancies to date-one miscarriage years ago, my son, then the chemical and all of them I was horribly nauseous so its just weird that im not now. Who knows now, and youre right Isabel, every pregnancy is different.

I intentionally dont "clean up" afterward either Kat. It totally feels gross, but I dont want anything to fall out lol

I'll definitely be thinking of you for Wednesday! How exciting! Sorry youre still feeling gross. Did you have morning sickness for a long time with your son?? I had it for so long, it was awful. Did you end up trying peppermint or the ginger at all??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation