Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:35 am

Oh and I tested and got a BFN :(
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks Lynsey!

My sisters and one of my friends are the only ones that know but I don't want them knowing about our problems. My cousin actually is in from Ohio and I haven't seen her in about 7 years. I'm going over to my parents for a cookout so that'll keep me busy.

You know it's too early for an accurate test
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:09 am

Isabel- I am sorry that you guys are having a tough time. It is really hard when one person isn't on the same page. With NTNP you could still do a lot of the "background stuff" like opks, temping- just so you have a better idea of when you have the best chances. Dumb question, but does he know HOW important this is to you?

Lynsey- this is still super early right? I wouldn't put too much stock in a BFN at this point! What is your temp doing? Staying elevated?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes he knows how much I really want this. And it's sad because he loves kids so I know he would really love being a dad but he's scared. I know that if I were to tell him I was pregnant he'd be so happy. We did bd today but I think it's too late. So I hope Monday did it.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:14 am

Sorry I went MIA! My family that came for the day decided to spend the night so I was tied up hosting. Ever since we bought our house, its like THE place to be for everyone lol

I understand your frustration Isabel and why you feel like youre wasting your time. At the very least, I would try temping so you can have a better handle on your cycle. From what Ive read, it really helps to have several cycles charted before you can see patterns. So if you start that, at least you'll have all that info for when you do decide to get back to TTC for real. I would even keep up with the cheapie opks too so you can keep track and give your wallet a break from the digitals for a while. Especially since this cycle was so weird for you.

Can you have an honest conversation with Josh and get him to open up about exactly what hes scared of?? Like is it the idea of being a parent or money etc?? Because regardless of *when* it happens, becoming a parent is always going to be scary and financially, there is no *perfect* time to have a kid. Obviously if youre in the poor house its not a great idea, but you guys arent so thats a nonissue. Men dont think like us, they need all of this literally spelled out for them. You would think it would be common sense, but its not. At least thats what Patrick tells me lol

As for me, yes its still early. Today is 9dpo so yesterday I tested on 8dpo. I figured I may as well give it a shot on a cheapie...I hadnt peed on anything in a while so I said what the hell LOL Im not feeling any of the cramps anymore and feel completely fine so I would be really shocked if I were pregnant. My temp is still elevated and its actually been pretty identical for five days in a row. Its consistently staying between 97.5 and 97.7. I just want AF to get here already so I can get it over and done with and get back to trying lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Lynsey- I have actually heard it's a really good sign if you have numerous temps following O that are the same! That happened to me! I had one big spike but the rest of my temps were all very similar! Don't count yourself out yet girl ;).
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Lynsey we've had plenty of conversations so I know his reasons and his feelings. What upsets me is that he goes back and forth. Sometimes I feel like he says certain things because he knows that's what I want to hear. So I don't know what to think. I guess I'll leave the ball in his court and see what he does with it.

I wouldn't count yourself out yet. It's way to early! Implantation might have not even taken place which I believe we should be able to see an implantation dip? So you're still in.

Today is 3dpo? Either way I started using my progesterone cream. It made me feel nauseous for 30mins this morning and I got to take it again tonight. Ugh...the things we do to ourselves that these men don't even know lol. I'm feeling better today. I think we just went through a little rough patch. We gave each other space this weekend other than the bd session but guess who wanted that...josh did. That made me feel a little better but I just got home and I'm missing him like crazy :)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 pm

So have you ladies heard the expression "nothing makes labor start like scheduling an induction"?? Well apparently nothing brings a BFP like spending $100 on amazon on supplements, digital opks, and hpts! I went on a spree last night lol Today I kept forgetting EVERYTHING, literally could not remember my sisters name at one point. Then I had a huge cake catastrophe because I did something stupid and had batter all over my oven. I cried for an hour. Something in me just told me something wasnt right so I tested after dinner. It was only a two hour hold and obviously not FMU but I totally see lines! I'll try again in the morning and see what that looks like. Im going to need to pee on a million things before I believe its the real thing though because I still dont *feel* pregnant at all. Im not feeling anything at all except forgetful!
Attachments
hcg10817.jpg
hcg10817.jpg (20.76 KiB) Viewed 228 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 am

Omg! Those are definitely there. I can seem them!! Try a frer this morning.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 am

Oh my god!!! Those are exactly what my tests looked like in the beginning!!!!!!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 am

Did you test again today?! I am dying to know how this turns out!! And also- it totally happened with me too! Where I went to the store and had gotten my new clomid prescription, and all sorts of other supplements and opks etc for the next cycle and bang positive lol :)
Last edited by MrsK20173 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am

Lynsey have you tested again? I've been stalking al morning. Also that's a good sign that it's 2 different brands so it must be true :)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am

Both of us are dying to know lol.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 am

Of course I used the last FRER on saturday lol All I had were cheapies and an ept but I see it! I'll try to go out later and get another FRER or I'll pee in a cup tomorrow morning and save it and get the test tomorrow lol Im in such disbelief!!!! Im feeling a lot of cramping today so Im hoping thats nothing. This is going to be really hard to keep secret from Patrick until tomorrow!!
Attachments
HCGEPT10917.jpg
HCGEPT10917.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 214 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 am

Sorry guys thats so weird, I never saw your replies until just now! My internet has been weird all day!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation