Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 am

Glad to hear there is hope that I'll be out of the bathroom soon Kat lol Im feeling pretty good other than the peeing and being tired and forgetful! Other than the other day when I actually got sick, the nausea hasnt been bad at all. Every so often it creeps up but it quickly passes.

Sorry you got a BFN Isabel :( Hopefully with the different meds this cycle it will be better!

I finally beat the control on a cheapie this morning so I figured for sure I'd beat the control on the FRER. NOPE! UGH! So mad.
Attachments
HPTs18DPO.jpg
HPTs18DPO.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 221 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 am

Oh and no cravings yet but food just tastes really good to me right now haha We had a very simple dinner the other night-Patrick grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs and I made parmesan risotto and garlic green beans. Omg it was seriously the best meal Ive had in a long time! So easy and quick but it was exactly what I needed apparently lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am

Wow that’s crazy the cheapies beat the frer. I guess cheapies are more sensitive.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Sorry about the BFN Isabel :/ I know it sucks, I have been there many times . Just try not to get discouraged!

Lynsey- I am SO shocked that the FRER did not beat the control?! Usually they are WAY more sensitive- could the FRer just be like a bad batch? I hear you on food tasting good- I had a piece of my moms homemade apple pie and I swear to you it was the most amazing thing I have ever put in my mouth lol. So I am either gagging and not wanting to eat, or when I do eat it's like the food is amazing.

In other news- I don't know if it's pregnancy or just because I have been too tired to Bd that much but I have been having insanely erotic dreams like every night. Ever had a sleepgasm?! Lol story of my life these days ;)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Maybe it was a bad batch?? No idea. I have a couple different brands of cheapies and it was only that one that I beat the control. The other brands arent far behind though, probably tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Thats hilarious you mention the sex dreams, I thought it was just me! I havent had a sleepgasm (that I know of) though. I was apparently making noises in my sleep the other night because Patrick woke me up for sex. After we were done, he asked me "feel better now??" and I was so confused because HE had woken ME up. Then when he said I was making noise, it all came back to me and I remembered I was having a sex dream lmao
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 am

Well I thought the nausea might be easing up, but I thought wrong. I am sitting in my school nurses office eating saltines. Thank goodness I have an AMAZING student teacher right now, because I don't think I could stand up and teach if I tried :/

How is everyone else feeling?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 am

Oh no Kat! That's awful! Have you found anything that helps the nausea?? I may have mentioned this already but can't remember lol try peppermints! I carried them with me at all times with Nate. Between the queasy feeling and the horrible metallic taste in my mouth, peppermints saved me!

I'm still feeling about the same. One new fun symptom is constipation though. I bought non constipating prenatals this time since the prenatals wreaked havoc on me with Nate. These *were* much better until the last few days. I don't know if it's just a pregnancy thing or the vitamins or what but it's so uncomfortable!

Did AF come yet Isabel??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am

I will have to go and get some peppermint a lol- usually I am a minty gum chewer, but the thought of gum makes me feel sick too- it's like a vicious cycle right now.

As for the constipation- right there with ya! I don't think mine is from the prenatal a though? I have been on these same prenatal a for about a year and never had issues before. I think being super backed up is adding to the nausea too. I basically cried to Tom last night that I have never wanted to take a number 2 so badly (tmi sorry lol).

Hope things are well Isabel!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:15 am

Yup those little circle red and white peppermints! I bought a HUGE bag at walmart for super cheap lol

Did the constipation start once you were pregnant or just in the past couple weeks?? I know that pregnancy exacerbates the constipation, so maybe the prenatals didnt bother you before but they do now. Im going to give it a little while longer then probably get some benefiber. I think thats what I used with Nate if I remember right, that and stool softeners. I completely understand you wanting to cry! It was so bad for me the other day that I did take the stool softeners and omg it helped so much. I just cant remember if I took them daily last time or just as needed. I'll have to remember to ask the dr when I go in a couple weeks.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Yes today is cd1. I’m glad af is here in time and the progesterone didn’t delay it. On a positive note I think the progesterone helped with my af cramps. So far nothing. I guess we will see tomorrow how much it really helped. The second and third day are always the worse. Maybe af will be lighter as well.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Lynsey- it started shortly after getting pregnant- so I think it's definitely a reaction to the pregnancy for sure. I might have to look into some benefited or Metamucil- although I am worried that if I start that it will go to the other extreme lol. Ah, the joys of pregnancy! When is your appointment again? Will they do a dating u/s?

Isabel- glad to hear that the progesterone did not delay AF- and it would be great if it helped alleviate your normal AF symptoms! Fingers crossed for this cycle !
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 pm

That sounds awesome Isabel! I hope the good effects keep up and tomorrow and the next day are better too!

Kat I was thinking the same thing, but something has GOT to give. 9 months like this is not gonna work for me lol My appt is 10/30 but im not sure what it will involve, I just know its with my OB. I would assume they will do an internal exam so Im guessing they'll do the dating scan. According to my LMP, I'll be 7 weeks then so Im really hoping to hear a heartbeat!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 am

So excited for your first appointment Lynsey :) I have my 10 week appointment next Wednesday (10/25)- hard to believe it's been almost 10 weeks! Time is flying (and I am NOT complaining about that! - we are just SO excited haha). If they do an u/s at your appointment , please share pics! Have you joined the pregnancy side of this board yet? It's pretty slow:/ I joined baby center for a pregnancy board because it is way more active. If you join baby center let me know :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 am

I'll definitely share photos! 10 weeks already?! Wow that is going fast! Are you going to tell Tom's parents this weekend??

I didnt join the pregnancy side because i checked it out and it really did seem so slow lol I joined a June 2018 facebook group but thats all so far. I do have the baby center app so maybe I'll check it out. When I was pregnant with Nate I did the What to Expect boards.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 am

This just came in the mail today! I burst into tears when I saw it lol
Attachments
big brother shirt front.jpg
big brother shirt front.jpg (13.77 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Big brother shirt back.jpg
Big brother shirt back.jpg (25.14 KiB) Viewed 168 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation