Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi ladies!

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm 26 and db is 28. We are on cycle 4 ttc our first. This is my 3rd month using the cb advanced opks. I got a 2 month supply but it lasted me 3 months :) , but today I got my peak. We bd yesterday and hopefully we will tomorrow. I'm stuck working tonight so I doubt I can wake him up.

Mrsk- does your progesterone level mean that you didn't actually ovulate? I'm curious to know. A couple years back they told me I had low progesterone and was put on pills. I took them for about 3 months but then my period regulated so I stopped. Is it possible to have low progesterone but it fix itself later on? Maybe I should go to the doctor and have them check it. I get ewcm and what feels like o cramps. I think I'm overreacting.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi sky and welcome :) definitely get to bd'ing!! I love seeing that peak on the digital lol

I did ovulate, but a level of 5.4 is pretty low :/ however, I was only 4dpo when I had the blood work done (I o'd cd18 and had the b/w cd22 due to labor day) and from what I have been reading it looks like usually the cd21 checks should be more around 7dpo, so I am not sure if that makes a difference? And if my levels would actually be higher if I were to go again in 2 days? Of course the nurse I talked to on the phone gave me zero information other than the result . :/ has your progesterone been checked since your period became regulated? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor to do a repeat test of you feel like it would ease your mind!!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Oh no MrsK! Im so sorry, Im sure thats devastating! Hopefully the higher dose will help and you'll get your BFP in no time!

So my curiosity got the best of me this morning and I used a cheap HCG test and there was the faintest line! Unfortunately, it occurred to me after doing it that I had actually gotten up three hours prior to pee so it wasnt the best time to test. I'll be trying again tomorrow morning! Although Im doubting myself and that line now because Im having some crampy feelings like I usually do in the days before AF comes and Im due in a couple days. Ugh!

Side note-where are you from?? I have a friend in the UK that says "gutted" and shes the only other person Ive ever heard use that term lol

Welcome Sky! I'd be waking that man up tonight girl lol Fingers crossed for you!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Mama- it's ok, I am just trying to see the positive- at least I o'd earlier in my cycle and hopefully the increased dosage will make me o even earlier the next cycle. All I can do is try to look on the bright side ya know? (Even though right now I just want to cry, ha!) as to where I am from, upstate New York lol- I have used "gutted" forever, not quite sure where I picked it up lol. How about you?

Also, how exciting for a faint line! Definitely test again tomorrow and share pics! Lol, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Shut up! Where upstate?! I'm from New York too!! I'm in Orange County...about an hour north of NYC. I went to college at Oneonta!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Crazy! I live in the thousand islands (Canadian border)- I grew up on Long Island though :) small world!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm

That's so funny! We have family in Lawn Guyland lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 am

Lol- thank goodness I no longer have that accent!! Can't wait to see your test sticks today :) I hope you have good news!!

My temp jumped this morning (97.78-98.23) ,I am at 6dpo so who knows what that means. I am still trying to be positive even though I know it's like pretty much a guarantee I am out this cycle- but a girl ha to hope right!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 am

Mrsk- thanks for the explanation. I think it would make a difference considering you o'd late so not enough time for you progesterone to build up.

Mama- I would have woken him up if I wasn't so tired. I started trying to seduce him but fell asleep lol.

I was having really bad o cramps yesterday and I also tested with a cheapie opk last night. The test line was dark but not equal or as dark as control. Then I tested this morning and the line is lighter than last night. I was too tired last night to bd. I work in retail and I'm here in Florida so I had a long non stop 12 hour day. Should I assume today is 1 dpo? I'm going to bd tonight just in case. I'm still getting ewcm.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:49 am

Sky I would definitely still do it tonight! I usually count my O as the day I get my negative opk.

So I tested again this morning. BFN! I'm so confused and sad! "Gutted" as you would say MrsK lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:52 am

Sky- it does sound like you are 1dpo- I would still BD for the next night or two just to play it safe (or at least until you have non-fertile CM)

Mama- oh no! Do you think it was an evap yesterday ? Or did the line definitely have color? I am so sorry :/ ugh. I won't even test until after 9/11 (which is when AF is due) even though I know that it will be a BFN :/ I hate this whole process haha, it really should just be easier!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:54 am

I will definitely bd tonight just in case. I'm going to use another opk in the evening to see how my line is.

Mama- how many dpo are you? And did you use the same brand test?

Mrsk- I wouldn't give up just yet. Crazier things have happened!
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Definitely not an evap line, it showed up right away! This is so weird! I'm 8-10dpo not positive exactly. I used the same test and negative today. So depressing! Depending on when I actually did ovulate, I'm supposed to get AF anywhere from tomorrow to Monday. So I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath but I'm not giving up hope yet either!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am

Mama- I am so sorry :/ what a bummer! Maybe it was a faulty test? Did you take another one today? Fingers crossed that AF stays away!!

I am 7dpo today and my temp went back down (do it went 97.78- 98.23 -97.78) so still well above my cover line, but I am not feeling nearly as positive as I was yesterday. I have also noticed that I am feeling kind of "dry" down there the past two days (not sure if it's because I went back to work this week and have not been drinking nearly as much as I did when home) and I always see that women who get bfp's have lots of CM. like I said, I pretty much know it will be a BFN this cycle based on blood work, but after that temp jump yesterday I thought *maybe* .

Sky- did you get your bd'ing in? How do the opks look today?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 am

I did some googling and apparently it was a faulty batch of tests. Ugh! So that explains both of the faint positives. I ordered new tests for next cycle so hopefully I don't have to go through that again.

MrsK hopefully with your new dose of the clinic it will work everything out and next month is the month!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation