Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 am

Kat Omg! 10 weeks. It seems like you just found out not to long ago.

Lynsey that shirt is awesome. It that how you are telling your parents?
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Ahhhh!!! I love it :)

I don't know if we can tell his parents this weekend...we have our older daughters bday party but a ton of people will be here- so I don't think we can sneak it in lol
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Yup thats how we'll tell MIL and my Dad and his fiance! Sometime after my appt on the 30th, we'll invite them over for dinner and see how long it takes for someone to notice the shirt lol

My boobs are KILLING me today. Omg its awful! I also had a cake that kicked my butt today. I didnt expect it to be as time consuming as it was, and I literally did nothing but decorate the cake today. Im so tired I could cry! I couldnt sleep at all last night and that was a BAD night to not sleep lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Well the in-laws know :) we pulled them aside before they left our daughters party and shared the news-
Nothing exciting - just a "guess what?!" And we gave them the onesie. Interestingly enough my sister guessed (she was like, Kat it is SO obvious- haven't other people guessed yet? If they haven't I guarantee they are talking about it! Lol- greeaaaaaatttt)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Yay! Were they so excited?! I bet they were!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I need some input from you ladies on digitals and BBT. My girlfriend is TTC right now and was getting dark opks twice per cycle so I suggested she get a BBT and digitals to try to get some clarity. Im attaching her BBT chart (its a random app because I didnt want to clear my info from FF lol), its only been a short time so far. She's been getting flashing smileys since last monday so a week now. Yesterdays opk was darker than control line positive and todays opk was lighter but still positive and shes still only getting flashing smileys.

Im at a loss! To add insult to injury, shes sick right now so she had a big spike in temp which is throwing everything off her chart. What do you guys think about the WEEK of flashing smileys?? And the positive opk but still no peak reading?? Today was cd 17 for her and her cycles are around 30 days or so.
Attachments
Chrissybbt.jpg
Chrissybbt.jpg (19.2 KiB) Viewed 151 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:24 pm

That's a tough one- if she beat the control on the cheapie I would err on the side of o'ing- maybe her surge is short? Was she only taking the digital in the AM? If so maybe she peaked in the afternoon or overnight and by the next morning in was on the down spin? I am not too sure what to make of it :/- I wish I could be more helpful!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

I think she does all her tests in the afternoon. Shes a teacher with a super long commute so i think she waits on everything. I guess I'll see what her opk, temp, and digital all said today and we'll see what happened. I did some googling and it seems like its weird to have a week of "high fertility" (flashing), right?? I thought by doing the temping and the digitals we would get some answers but i think Ive confused her even more. But seriously this is so confusing!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I want to say I read somewhere that some had like 9 days of flashing smileys- it all depends on the person I think :/
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I obviously don’t know too much about temping but my first time using the digital I got about 9 days of high. I could be getting that number confused but it was at least 6 days. I had someone else recently have the same thing their first month using them. So I think maybe it’s trying to figure your body out.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Ok so stupid question but I only used the digitals the one cycle. How will a new package react?? Because if its trying to figure her body out because they adapt to your hormones, wouldnt it do that every month since it would be a new pack?? Hope Im making sense lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:28 am

I think you have to use the same test holder. Since it has your data stored in it. I don’t think it matters if you get a new pack of tests as long as you use that same holder.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:26 am

Well thats silly! They should sell "refill" packs instead of the whole thing all over again lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 am

I agree with Isabel- I think if you use the same monitor it should keep track of your info. It is ridiculous that they don't just sell the refills- but anything to make money I guess!

So I had my 10 week appointment today. Totally went in expecting an internal exam, pap, all that good stuff. Imagine my surprise when my OB said they only do those things now if there is a complication (I.e. Bleeding or spotting). He basically said that if every bring was going well they essentially leave well enough alone. (Not complaining about no internal- when I had my son I literally had one every month and it was so uncomfortable!)

I did get to unexpectedly get to see my little boo- bear today though! S/he was moving around and waving their little arms the whole time! It was reassuring again to see the heart beating strongly on that screen. I also did the harmony genetic testing today, so I should know by this time next week if genetically everything looks good and also, the gender! (My gut tells me girl, so we will see). If you girls could just keep us in your thoughts that everything comes out well with the genetic testing. We go back in 4 weeks for another appointment.

I can't wait to hear about your appointment Lynsey! I bet they do an u/s!
Isabel- how is this cycle going for you? Are you close to O time?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (89.09 KiB) Viewed 124 times
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:30 pm

I think im going to tell her to use a different monitor next cycle in case this one is faulty. Unless you ladies think she should stick with it??

Im so glad your appointment went well Kat! And also super glad to hear they do less internals now! I had the same monthly exams with my son and man they sucked lol Do you have your levels checked each time?? my June 2018 group keeps updating with their levels and I dont recall doing that with Nate so Im wondering if thats a recent thing they do now?? Can I ask why you did the genetic testing?? Only asking because Ive never known anyone who had it before. But omg how exciting that you will know the gender at 11 weeks! Fingers crossed you get your girl!! How are you feeling these days??

Hows everything going for you Isabel??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation