Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I would have here try the new monitor next cycle and see what that does- if she gets another 9 days of high then she knows it wasn't faulty.

They have not checked my levels since I had them done at 5 weeks. My OB seems very laid back about the whole process lol- let nature take its course and if any issues arise then we investigate type of deal. The less poking and prodding up there the better lol.

We had agreed to do the testing just for peace of mind. I remember with my son I didn't do it and it was one of those things that I spent a lot of time wondering "what if?". And I'd be lying if I said being able to find out the gender this early didn't have something to do with it. But mostly for the peace of mind. Because I am not high risk or over 35 it is NOT covered by insurance - but it's $200 out of pocket and we can live with that.

My gut feeling is that this baby is a girl (with my son my guy said boy), but we will know next week. I am feeling a lot better. I still get the occasional bout of nausea but for the most part the morning sickness has toned down the past few days. I am enjoying it while I can because I have read way to many stories where someone says it went away and then comes back with vengeance like a week later. Still tired and sore bb's and I feel like I am constantly hungry (I have a feeling I won't have a 24lbs weight gain this go around :/). But other than that, pretty good. How about you?!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Yea the finding out early part is super tempting! But I refer to Patrick as El Cheapo so I know he'd never go for it lol I was convinced Nate was a girl so I dont really have a gut feeling now. Although Im still feeling so much better than with Nate so that makes me hope its a girl!

Im still feeling about the same. Still super tired but not much nausea. Ive been sick with a cold this week so that hasnt helped the exhaustion! Every once in a while I'll smell something gross and I get nauseous but it quickly passes. Food still tastes fantastic so thats been awesome. Patrick keeps laughing at me because its SO different than with Nate. Just thinking about chewing food made me sick and now I cant wait to eat lol Im not constantly hungry, but I do go from not being hungry to starving quickly. Im not a huge eater though so ive been trying to be better about eating. Normally I'll only eat 1-2 meals a day, which I know is bad but I just never have an appetite. Now that im pregnant im trying to eat more often. I gained about 50lbs with Nate but I was also preeclamptic so that was a big part of it. Hopefully not nearly as much this time!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 pm

I just ended af. I’m one of the unlucky ones that has a 7 day cycle..ugh. So o will be about a week away. I always seem to have a late night shift near o (I usually close the store on Wednesday’s). That seems to be the day before o. That’s why I always have to try waking josh up but luckily next week I somehow don’t have a closing shift. Seems like a great sign to me :)

Lynsey I don’t think she needs to get a new one. I used the same one for 4 cycles. The first month I had high readings for days and eventually got my peak. My second month I got 2 highs then my peak and same thing for my 3rd. My 4th cycle I ran out :( so I think she should just keep testing til she gets her peak then next cycle it should be normal.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Today was her 9th flashing smiley I think but shes going to keep them up for a while at least and see what happens. Her opks are getting lighter now but temp went down again today. I guess we'll see lol

Thats great you dont have a late shift for O next week Isabel! Here's hoping!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Hey ladies! Hows everything going?? Getting close to O, right Isabel??

I thought of you guys today when Patrick and I finally got a recent photo together so I thought I'd share lol We went to brunch to celebrate our 6 year anniversary today so I took a photo of us. Tomorrow is our actual anniversary but we celebrated today. Tomorrow is my appointment! I cant wait!
Attachments
6thanniversary.jpg
6thanniversary.jpg (63.31 KiB) Viewed 167 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am

You guys are so cute Lynsey! I am so excited to hear about the appointment!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am

Aww congrats on your anniversary. O should be coming up soon. Today is cd12 so I guess I should start opks. I did one Saturday and the line was barely there so I skipped yesterday. My cm seems to be increasing more so it’s coming. I’ll probably o on Thursday or Friday.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:23 pm

The anticipation is killing me Lynsey!! Lol, how did the appointment go?!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Omg I'm so sorry I totally forgot to update here lol so I'm a week earlier than I thought but this wasn't an official dating scan so that might change back. A week sooner doesn't add up with my O date so we'll see. I had a quick ultrasound but since it wasn't scheduled I didn't get the images :( I did snag a photo off the computer screen when I was getting dressed but you can barely see anything. I'm waiting to hear back from my dr tomorrow on when my next appt is and when I'll get an official ultrasound so I'll let you guys know! Otherwise everything looks good and I did see a little flicker of a heartbeat :)
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 pm

I need some good thoughts/vibes/prayers ladies. Long story short...the u/s the other day was a "stat" one because I didn't know how far along I was. The tech said she said she saw a flicker, seemed fine like nothing was wrong, and said congrats. She told me the dr would get the results in 30 minutes and that no news meant good news. I called yesterday to schedule my next appt and no one returned my call. Today I call again and the nurse tells me the heart rate was only 12bpm and was I having any bleeding or cramping. She said she'd talk to the dr to find out what he wanted to do. Dr calls me and says we can't do anything else for a few days and is scheduling me for a u/s on Monday to see if there's any change. Said he's seen it be a good outcome or bad, it can go either way. I asked about getting the u/s sooner or even blood work but he said no. So now I'm in limbo. I just don't understand how if the bpm was really that low why no one called me. I'm sure I'm grasping at straws here but I'm hoping it was some kind of mistake.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Lynsey maybe the nurse doesn’t know what she’s talking about. I always thought the doctors were the ones that are suppose to call with results. So maybe the nurse is confused because like you said why didn’t you get a phone call. And also they think you are a week ahead of what you were thinking which didn’t add up with your o date so maybe the heart beat is suppose to be that low and they just have the dates wrong. You aren’t bleeding or cramping so try not to stress too much. I know I know, easier said then done. I’ll be praying for you!!!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Lynsey- I don't even know what to say- that is completely baffling? Who did the u/s yesterday? Was it an u/s tech or a doctor? If you aren't having any cramping or bleeding I would just try to stay positive. I know that's probably pretty impossible to do :/. I am SO sorry that you have to go through this. I will definitely say a prayer for your family ...please try to stay positive <3
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Kat it was a tech that did it and she seemed like everything was ok. I know she cant be the one to tell me if something is wrong, it has to be the dr, but why would she tell me she could see a flicker and congratulate me, you know?? And if a heart rate at this point should be 120-160, WHY didnt anyone call me to say there was an issue?! I dont get it. And I know this is a great doctor so Im completely shocked. This is going to be the longest five days of my life waiting for Monday to come.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:20 pm

:( I can't even imagine Lynsey...I wish I had something helpful to say or do to help ease your mind. I would just try to focus on the fact that your doctor said it could have a positive outcome. I know that's hard but just keep praying that maybe it was some sort of mistake. I know my OB said he doesn't ever measure HR before 12 weeks because the heart is still developing and it can be inaccurate. Hopefully this is just a matter of the heart developing and everything will be OK. <3
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 pm

My best friend said something similar about the innacuracy early on. I'm just trying so hard to think it could still be ok. I'm so worried though and I'm afraid to do anything. Like I could lose the baby at any second. This is torture.
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation